- - - - -

Anyone what fruit machine(s) this is/these are?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2003 - 02:42 PM

Can anyone recall these/this machine(s) & if so do they know if been emulated?
I know its a long shot but about 10 years ago I used to be an arcade regular & played a 20p a go machine that had "watch for my hidden treasures" come on its display screen now & again before a win.
When reels in the win line were in the order shown on the fruit machine backboard, lines were lit up & each line meant some kind of bonus.
You could nudge the reels in to make these lines & get a win.
I'd love to play it again without the money risk involved!
Well, got a family now! Can't afford the £ to play it for real anyway!
Thanks.

#2 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 11:31 AM

sounds like your talking about the 'Ace Coin' machines from the 90's.

'Open the Box'
'Pound for Pound'
'Twilight Zone'
'Play it Again'

The technology used by these machines isn't emulated at the moment.

But maybee this picture will bring back a few memories

Wozza

Attached Files

Wozza

#3 Jez_Shaw

Jez_Shaw

• New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:04 AM

I remember these machines. They had a very short payout period. If you dropped lucky, they would pay a comparative fortune but then would pay nothing for ages.

#4 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 11:59 AM

blinking hell open the box sp-ace system 8O

#5 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 12:44 PM

I remember these machines. They had a very short payout period. If you dropped lucky, they would pay a comparative fortune but then would pay nothing for ages.

Yes these were the original brutal gamble. People moan about higher than 2 going to 1, lower than 11 going to 12, but these machines were the first to make it an art form.

When on the take they would nearly always lose a gamble, no matter what the number (and on the ones with Band-Aid there were 16 numbers to match the number of reel positions).

Although on some you could select which high/lo number displayed on the reels you wanted to start gambling from (e.g. you get a win, reels 1 2 and 3 are showing 6, 12 and 15 respectively, hold reel three briefly before gamble starts to select 15 as your first gamble number) it didn't really matter because you would be subjected to the ultimate brutal gamble no matter what. Definitely no quarter given on these machines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users