• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Markieboy123

Markieboy123

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:35 PM

Hi All..
New to the forum and this is my first post.
Had several fruitys in the past but never tried to fix one if it broke.
Just acquired a Maygay Italian Job 2 as a non worker that I hope to bring back to life.
After a quick check of the power unit and boards for any visual damage I power the machine up, it made a few clicking cracking noise from the speakers but no lights or movement and I noticed a bit of smoke by the lamp board, turned the machine off and tried to see what had burned.
It was one of the wires coming from the lower lights plug at the lamp board, I then power up the machine with all the leads disconnected at the psu and all 6 LEDs were on, then I tried power again with leads connected but unplugged the lower lamp connector, this time no spoke but no other lights or movement, 3 LEDs are lit on the mpu board +12v..-12..and the +vlogic plus the led on the lamp board was on.
Can anyone point in the right direction of what to check first please, did a bit of research about the epoch system and the unreliability of the psu but not sure because all the LEDs are lit

Regards Mark

#2 Markieboy123

Markieboy123

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:40 PM

Hi All..
New to the forum and this is my first post.
Had several fruitys in the past but never tried to fix one if it broke.
Just acquired a Maygay Italian Job 2 as a non worker that I hope to bring back to life.
After a quick check of the power unit and boards for any visual damage I power the machine up, it made a few clicking cracking noise from the speakers but no lights or movement and I noticed a bit of smoke by the lamp board, turned the machine off and tried to see what had burned.
It was one of the wires coming from the lower lights plug at the lamp board, I then power up the machine with all the leads disconnected at the psu and all 6 LEDs were on, then I tried power again with leads connected but unplugged the lower lamp connector, this time no spoke but no other lights or movement, 3 LEDs are lit on the mpu board +12v..-12..and the +vlogic plus the led on the lamp board was on.
Can anyone point in the right direction of what to check first please, did a bit of research about the epoch system and the unreliability of the psu but not sure because all the LEDs are lit

Regards Mark

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users