11 replies to this topic

#1 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:04 PM

Any chance of some kind of explanation as to why you are just letting this place go down the pan? You can't blame it on wizard for not hosting mfme here! for months and months us loyal members have asked you to put up the necessary categories for layouts to be added to,but you just choose to give the old middle finger to those who have been here for years.

You read threads otherwise you wouldn't have barred charlieraymondo a couple of weeks ago. I look and i wonder why you bought the place in the first place?,to me you are just trying to kill the place off,even though you have no interest in the place. If you can't be arsed with the place get rid and pass on to somebody who does care. I know wizard not hosting mfme has killed your cash cow but what about the members that have supported this place for years?

There are lads here who are donating to you and the forum which you have to authorise for them to get their supporters badge yet you leave them to it wondering why they still can't download because you have switched the downloads to regular members and above. All the members who have been here years have put a shed load of work into this place just for you to try and kill it off.

I tried to put an offer in when this place went up for sale and didn't even get a reply,i thought well it must have gone to someone who cares. You may despise this community,but there are a lot of members about who have poured their hearts into this place. You cannot take it out on everyone because wizard decided to host his emulator on a forum were the owner gives a shit.Your out of order!

Hold the bells mate.

#2 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:07 AM

ill be in a position to chip in for a buy out in a few weeks if its on the cards...

Edited by cashbox1, 14 May 2020 - 05:07 AM.

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#3 superbaron

superbaron

superbaron

• Regulars
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:05 AM

The only sad thing is fruit emu is being run into the ground.

The best option is for Aaaamusements is to sell up to some else who has the passion for the site.  It looks like he dose not want the site anymore.

Edited by superbaron, 14 May 2020 - 09:07 AM.

#4 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:36 AM

He didn't want it in the first place.

Only bought it so he could look like the big man who saved it... oh and for a bit of extra cash.

#5 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:57 AM

the site doesnt need saving dif does the job the issue might be hosting the roms for the emus

#6 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

'Nothing Lasts Forever'   How very true.

I have been a member for many years, like most of the other members. I too think it's a shame that a site like this, which helped the FME scene to the greatness it is today should be allowed to slip away silently.

I'm under no illusion how hard and expensive it is to run a site these days, but the mass of input from the members over the years is much more and worth saving !!

Sometimes it's not always down to ££££'s

RDP.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:12 PM

the site doesnt need saving dif does the job the issue might be hosting the roms for the emus

If it doesn’t need saving why the input and why visit this site BB ??
You basically put nothing into the site anyway so why should you care , you can always kiss arse on another site if you wish.
Remember a few years back you basically didn’t help this sites cause back then so why should you now.

Personally this site has always (well nearly) welcomes me and it would be a shame to see it go
Hopefully aaamusements can post on this topic and clear the air as to why he’s been absent on the site he owes
Would you let a shop you owned run into the ground by deserting the place??
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#8 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

ill be in a position to chip in for a buy out in a few weeks if its on the cards...

To be fair, I would save your money... the site is hopelessly broken now and would probably cost a small fortune, plus a lot of time and effort to get it right.

I personally believe no one can commit to that the way things are, especially here.

#9 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

We hear plenty of comments about DIF, bit I also want to call this out.

Although I don't go there nearly enough as running DIF is a big enough job, if you're looking for a nice community well run site then you've got DADSFME. ( www.dadsfme.com )

I know some of you may mourn what you feel you've lost here - but take a moment to remember what you also have as well and if you are a member, give DADSFME some attention and see what great work is being done there as well.

I am not going to post spoilers - but it's a lovely active community and it has future content - dont' be a leech and just be their for the content when it comes out, actually take a moment to invest some time there.

Again, I know this make me hypercritical due to the time I spend there - but I have a big task already that I do so please allow me at last that before you shout at me.

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

We hear plenty of comments about DIF, bit I also want to call this out.

Although I don't go there nearly enough as running DIF is a big enough job, if you're looking for a nice community well run site then you've got DADSFME. ( www.dadsfme.com )

I know some of you may mourn what you feel you've lost here - but take a moment to remember what you also have as well and if you are a member, give DADSFME some attention and see what great work is being done there as well.

I am not going to post spoilers - but it's a lovely active community and it has future content - dont' be a leech and just be their for the content when it comes out, actually take a moment to invest some time there.

Again, I know this make me hypercritical due to the time I spend there - but I have a big task already that I do so please allow me at last that before you shout at me.

Let's not forget the mecca aka (fruitemu.co.uk) although mainly real machine based it's true roots are also emulated based although mainly pre 2000 machines it's still a good place to read and reply to topics
Also gained a fair few photos for dxes via there.

Incidentally which came first this site or the mecca as they have very similar web addresses?
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#11 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:18 PM

Incidentally which came first this site or the mecca as they have very similar web addresses?

The Mecca is older by a long way as is DADsFME and DX'Cellent.   FE is still a newbie lol

#12 innfection

innfection

Requestor/Bug Finder/Resourcer/

• Regulars
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:38 PM

The Mecca is older by a long way as is DADsFME and DX'Cellent. FE is still a newbie lol

Agreed

Resourcer/Bug Finder 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users