First DX Ready - but I'm nervous!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reelbruce

reelbruce

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

Thanks to all the good advice and pointers I got the other week here on Fruit Emu and with the tutorials on dead-world.net I have managed to do my first DX.

For a beginner I don't think it's too bad looking, but I am kind of nervous about uploading it!

I built it so it would fit on my computer screen (I can't get the larger resolution) so thought it would be a worthhile addition, even though there is already a 1280 dx of it, for others like myself who have cranky old computers! :-)

It's Hi-Note, one of the machines I actually really liked in 'the old days'

Took me back! Anyway, the question is - do I just upload it in the downloads section, or is there a proceedure gone through before it is put there?

Regards
reelbruce

#2 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

Thanks to all the good advice and pointers I got the other week here on Fruit Emu and with the tutorials on dead-world.net I have managed to do my first DX.

For a beginner I don't think it's too bad looking, but I am kind of nervous about uploading it!

I built it so it would fit on my computer screen (I can't get the larger resolution) so thought it would be a worthhile addition, even though there is already a 1280 dx of it, for others like myself who have cranky old computers! :-)

It's Hi-Note, one of the machines I actually really liked in 'the old days'

Took me back! Anyway, the question is - do I just upload it in the downloads section, or is there a proceedure gone through before it is put there?

Regards
reelbruce

yeah....upload it to the download section but try and make sure its the correct one (i.e the emulator and tech it runs on). then if you want it to appear on the home page make a release thread in the 'new releases' and if you attach a pic of it there it will also appear on the homepage (dont forget to add a link to the download):)

im sure its gonna be fine m8....trust me...my first dx was UNBELIEVABLY bad but you learn from it......thats the whole point:)
i would link you to my 1st to give you that extra ego boost but i dont think i can handle digging it out again..lol

congrats on you first dx though m8...cant wait to have a play:) hope its the first of many:)

Moco

#3 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:49 AM

Hiya Bruce, Ady has actually done quite a good guide on how to upload, if you click here it'll take you to the thread...
How_To_Upload

the download is in jpg format, but it is a step by step guide with pictures etc on how to upload your layout. :)
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#4 reelbruce

reelbruce

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Daemon and Moco, I have gone through each of the steps.

I now feel a bit more comfortable about things!

Regards and with appreciation
Bruce

#5 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

well done on your first dx hope youll do more:)

#6 reelbruce

reelbruce

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:55 PM

Thanks Ross! I certainy will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users