#1 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:36 PM

POPULAR

yesterday marked my 15th Fruit Emu "birthday",and what a journey its been..i remember back at the beginning the way you could be shot down for asking if certain games could be emulated...party time and DOND to name but two lol.and now its a case of which version would you like :)

its been fascinating and may i say exciting to see the progress thats been made.
the best thing of course,is seeing so many long forgotten machines burst back into life on screen,you cant put a price on that.
another good bit of fallout is the fact that i dont gamble all the hard earned on the real things any more.(a real blessing i can tell you).

the quality of some of the layouts is astounding,Pook,Vecs,Ploggy TommyC,HT6,bruce,ady,robinhood,the list could go on...and of course Wizard,without who none of this would have been possible.many thanks to all of you for all that you do and continue to do,who knows, i may dip my toes in the layout creation pool again one day...cheers !!

bryan

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:01 PM

yesterday marked my 15th Fruit Emu "birthday",and what a journey its been..i remember back at the beginning the way you could be shot down for asking if certain games could be emulated...party time and DOND to name but two lol.and now its a case of which version would you like :)

its been fascinating and may i say exciting to see the progress thats been made.
the best thing of course,is seeing so many long forgotten machines burst back into life on screen,you cant put a price on that.
another good bit of fallout is the fact that i dont gamble all the hard earned on the real things any more.(a real blessing i can tell you).

the quality of some of the layouts is astounding,Pook,Vecs,Ploggy TommyC,HT6,bruce,ady,robinhood,the list could go on...and of course Wizard,without who none of this would have been possible.many thanks to all of you for all that you do and continue to do,who knows, i may dip my toes in the layout creation pool again one day...cheers !!

bryan

couldn't of put it better myself, i'm only a youngster in fme land (just over 8-9yrs i think) and like you, i've always been greatfull for the lasting memories fme keeps on given. just when you think you've seen everything mfme can do or can be produced along comes wizard with a new evolution in mfme bringing a raft of new machines into the mix.

then there's always someone surprising us with new or un discovered roms to emulate long forgotten machines like your favourites silver ghost, golden steppa etc.

you've also forgotten the site owners from pete w, DAD, Reg, Duplu then Aaamusements if it wasn't for them and their dedicated team behind the scenes there'd be no place to host Fme.

long live Fme and all that it gives

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

bryan

Great speech here. It is nice to see wizard continue to improve FME for without this we are doomed. Shame about Fruit emu not continue to improve also. We over the past have lost a lot of talent possibly because of changes in life etc, so yes we do need new talent to shine though but also invite old members like yourself to start up again. 

#4 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:12 AM

Great speech here. It is nice to see wizard continue to improve FME for without this we are doomed. Shame about Fruit emu not continue to improve also. We over the past have lost a lot of talent possibly because of changes in life etc, so yes we do need new talent to shine though but also invite old members like yourself to start up again. 

I don't really do FME anymore, but I have to agree totally with your post bry... it has been an epic rollercoaster of a ride these nearly two decades of FME and with the updated emulator always changing, progressing, there is at least another decade or more to go with progress.

FME has never looked so healthy, peaceful and good, for those still involved with it - I will always support it, even though I don't bother much anymore with it.

We are a great community when we pull together... long may it continue

Daryl x

#5 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

A great post, good to see such a positive view of a site that has meant a lot to myself as well as many others.

I've been visiting this site for 16 years and made many friends over the years. The skills that members have creating emulators and working machines cease to amaze me.

The time, effort and money it takes to create such work, is fantastic. Thanks Cashbox for your fine post and reminding us of what we have here and long may it continue.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#6 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

There are negatives about but it is always good to look on the brightside.

I feel like I've been here as long as you casbox1. It has been a rollercoaster ride over the years but as it has been said before, it seems to have finally settled(just the odd pisstaker about!) 

#7 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:49 PM

And contending with wallies like me make it more fun! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users