Thinking of building my own

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:38 PM

Original taken out and mine put in which I did sometime ago.

Attached Files

#62 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

Two videos showing MFME running in a Games Warehouse cabinet. 

#63 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:23 AM

Hi RHM, a few members have made their own custom cabinets. I was one of the first (I think) building mine around 3 years ago and I still use my today, and it has had lots of improvements since then.

The original topic on my build is here: https://www.fruit-em...-machine/page-1

Coin mech is really simple, just hook up a parallel coin mech (like the cashflow 126 for exmaple) to a keyboard encoder (like the ultimarc Ipac http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html) and make the keyboard encoder press the relevant keys in the emulator. The coin mech has a pulse for each type of coin, If you have a cashflow mech, I have a diagram to show you where all the wires are to go.

I built my own cabinet from MDF, but others have used old fruit machine cabinets. Use whatever works for you. I suggest you add your own buttons to it as each machine is different and you can map different combinations of buttons to each machine.

As for turning my cabinet on and off, I simply added a push switch which hooked up to the PCs motherboard Power On header, then it boots into windows and then into my custom made front end software that I also made myself.

Payouts were a chore when I built mine originally, but MFME has come a long way and now it has support for payouts. Simply buy yourself a (always off) Pacdrive from ultimarc (http://www.ultimarc.com/pacdrive.html) and hook a parallel type hopper to it, Me and others on here and DIFcan help you with that also.

It is a great replacement for having multiple machines. Having a coin mech / hoppers / lamps and buttons just like the real thing really adds to the experience.

Good luck with your project if you choose to have a go.

Hi, do you have those links again, they appear dead!

#64 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

...Just my luck, turned it on the other day and the screen is blank (another monitor works) and there is power going to it (green light on) so it's at the local Jahadi Shop for repair.

#65 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:32 AM

Update on mine, screen works again!?

#66 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:54 PM

Havent been on this site for ages, love it that people are still building cabinets. Touch screen is a cool idea.

1 thing Id advise when building a cabinet when putting in a monitor vertically is to look at your monitor from left to right when its mounted vertically before installing it. I bought a cheap new monitor and mounted it in my cab. It seems when I look at it from the left its brighter than when I look at it from the right 😂
Also make a pacdrive template. Thats saved me tonnes of time

I think in time i will make another one but with a curved screen. I have a homers meltdown machine in my garage thats gathering dust just waiting for a conversion.

Mines similar to wizards. I just couldnt let go of my Indy jpm cab. Ive given it a nice paint job and added 2 buttons at the sides for pinball emulators but never got round to figuring those programs out.

Attached Files

#67 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:13 AM

That looks neat!

#68 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=4WrsQok4hzs

YAY got it working!

Just need to modify the games now, it seems £1 in is 'r' so I just changed it from '0' to 'r' on the emu and it worked. This is as far as I have got, it's XMAS soon so will probably do a bit more on it after XMAS.

#69 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:50 PM

you winipac to change the keyboard shortcuts for each output. glad you got it working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users