Photo

New layout section needed for updated MFME games?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:53 PM

After nearly 5 years since I and others helped create this layout section for the games that were available at the time, isn't it time now that the Downloads section was better updated with a dedicated MFME 6+ section added for new and updated MFME 5- versions?

It is really messy trying to find a game, particularly because I'm using MFME5 to convert most (I have over 10GB worth over the last 15 years lol) to run on the newer release emulators, yet, when trying to download an older MFME 5 game, I'm finding that it is in fact, updated to MFME 6 but is still in the MFME 5 section.

Also, with news that a newer Version 19 emulator for Windows 10 only coming out soon, it is important to try and keep the MFME database updated here - it is the main place all FME members come to for their layouts - and it seems to be long-neglected.

Hopefully, admin or moderators will read this and take a look at the section - it really does need an updated page section...

Peace and love,

Daryl x

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

I said this a while ago and still waiting lol,
I’d personally make two sub sections
Mfme v6.1
Mfme v19
Then if v20 upwards are released and games only run on those then sections need to be made for them
Also as I said ages back, the galleries section needs updating with more sub sections for reelbands decals etc.
I personally have made this into my gallery albums but it would be easier for upcoming creators if it was easy accessible.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 jim444

jim444

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

do we have a release date for v19 yet guys 

#4 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

do we have a release date for v19 yet guys 

No we dont

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#5 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

Another thread for a new section ignored i see,..............

Hold the bells mate.

#6 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

I said this a while ago and still waiting lol,
I’d personally make two sub sections
Mfme v6.1
Mfme v19
Then if v20 upwards are released and games only run on those then sections need to be made for them
Also as I said ages back, the galleries section needs updating with more sub sections for reelbands decals etc.
I personally have made this into my gallery albums but it would be easier for upcoming creators if it was easy accessible.

Do you want the job?

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

Do you want the job?

if i was a mod then maybe but unfortunately i've not a scooby on how to add sections and sub-sections to a internet site, i can only fill em with worthless shite lol 

#8 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

if i was a mod then maybe but unfortunately i've not a scooby on how to add sections and sub-sections to a internet site, i can only fill em with worthless shite lol 

Here's how to learn....

https://invisioncomm...n-community-r7/

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:10 PM

Here's how to learn....

https://invisioncomm...n-community-r7/

so obviously you need to be a administrator (not a moderator apparently)  to make these categories via a control panel etc, looks fairly simple even for my little p-brain lol. all the extra setting needed should be already saved within this websites permissions 

#10 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

The section can be setup then you can be given permission to populate that section.

• ady likes this

#11 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

Surely it's in the sites best interest that this happens? Unless I'm totally mistaken

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#12 FruitEMU

FruitEMU

• Administrators
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:24 PM

So we're being commanded to set up a section dedicated to a version of the emulator which we are not permitted to host?
🧐

Intriguing.

#13 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:42 PM

So we're being commanded to set up a section dedicated to a version of the emulator which we are not permitted to host?

Intriguing.

No, you are being asked by a member and others who have said that time has elapsed since the section was done years ago and it is in need of a refresh - it was a plain and simple polite question to ask, as you may not be permitted to host the emulator, but you host all the layouts being made for it...

#14 unclechicken

unclechicken

Professional Slacker

• Regulars
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:46 PM

giphy.gif

#15 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:04 PM

Intriguing.

....it would just be a nice thing to do.  It sounds like it should be a simple process but I genuinely don't know what goes into creating a new section, is it a lot of work?

J

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#16 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:35 AM

....it would just be a nice thing to do.  It sounds like it should be a simple process but I genuinely don't know what goes into creating a new section, is it a lot of work?

J

J

I had started with my dementia when I helped create the section, it took just three days, as it is mainly just moving sections of posts into the newly created area...

Allowing the moderators to have elevated access to certain parts of the database could easily allow this section to be made, if the admin haven't time to perform such a task, as I'm sure there are more than capable moderators here to perform such a task. It is how it was done in the past.

#17 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:00 AM

Intriguing.

Not by me, but you are quite happy for all the new layouts to be hosted here.

#18 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:14 AM

J

J

Dad put up a link on how it’s done, looks reasonably simple to me and that’s coming from a simple person lol.

#19 FruitEMU

FruitEMU

• Administrators
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:21 AM

Dad put up a link on how it’s done, looks reasonably simple to me and that’s coming from a simple person lol.

Of course it’s simple, anything which requires no effort from you must be?

#20 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

Hi

Although the emulator cannot be hosted here and I can see why Wizard has made this decision, but this site has no restrictions on hosting the layouts, and I would say that this is the come to site for the latest layouts.

Therefor it makes perfect sense to have the layout downloads section divided into sub sections for each version of the emulator to make the layouts for that version easier to locate for users, This is not an issue of who hosts the emulator or not, but more a suggestion on how to make this site better and easier to use for the users here at Fruit- Emu. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users