Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

MachineBase! New way to find and download exactly the Layout that you want!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Hi Folks,

As previously promised, I said that I was working on something to make everyone's lives a bit easier, and this is what I've come up with. It's called "MachineBase" and it's a way of viewing layouts quickly and simply, and then when you've found what you were looking for, just press "download game" and voila... it'll be on your hard drive!

machinebasepic.jpg

Feel free to download and have a play around with it. I'll be adding more layouts as quickly as I can, and will be crediting each layout author in the Games information panel as soon as I can.

Here is the file location: https://ufile.io/dlvph

This was written with the Dot.Net framework, so you might need to install the latest Dot.Net framework on your PC for it to work.

I hope you enjoy, and I am hoping to update this regularly with even more features.

Edited by fruitnutter, 03 October 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

wow love this many thanks indeed for your hard word I really appreciate it :wideeyed:

<p>If it ain't Broke Fix It Anyway!

#3 fatdad

fatdad

• Regulars
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

this is  great thankyou

would love to boot into this from start up

Edited by fatdad, 03 October 2018 - 03:21 PM.

#4 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

Not a problem! I really hope that you find it easy to use! Since this is a first release, there maybe a few bugs (feel free to report them here so that I can fix them!).

The real thanks goes to the Emulator creator and Layout Makers, they have done a fantastic job!

I will eventually add all layouts, although that may take me some time!!!

this is  great thankyou

would love to boot into this from start up

Shouldn't be a problem... copy it over into your "Startup" folder on the menu - that should do it!

#5 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

Bungle has just mentioned that the program only works correctly in Windows 10 if run in Administrator Mode.

This is because it needs authority to download and save a file to the hard drive, which it only gets given if run in Administrator mode.

To do this, right click the software icon and select "Run as administrator".

Hope that helps!

Will try to amend this so it is not necessary in later versions.

#6 Bungle

Bungle

The Gimp

• Regulars
  • 147 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

Bungle has just mentioned that the program only works correctly in Windows 10 if run in Administrator Mode.

This is because it needs authority to download and save a file to the hard drive, which it only gets given if run in Administrator mode.

To do this, right click the software icon and select "Run as administrator".

Hope that helps!

Will try to amend this so it is not necessary in later versions.

Thanks again FruitNutter for helping me get it running it purely rocks mate :)

<p>If it ain't Broke Fix It Anyway!

#7 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

Thanks again FruitNutter for helping me get it running it purely rocks mate :)

Very welcome, great to see you are enjoying it! Will try to add another 10-20 layouts tomorrow!

#8 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

20 more layouts added this afternoon... another 20 tomorrow!

#9 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:17 PM

Right I've put up a file server which will contain the latest version of MachineBase! You can download it below!

ftp://machinebase:machinebase@machinebase.ddns.net/machinebase.exe

#10 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

brilliant work! :) i love it...

but what about the download limits that can apply here? can a new user not use this to circumvent the daily limit, and download all they want? if so, i think you may need a workaround, or there will be no point of daily limits on this site...

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#11 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

brilliant work! :) i love it...

but what about the download limits that can apply here? can a new user not use this to circumvent the daily limit, and download all they want? if so, i think you may need a workaround, or there will be no point of daily limits on this site...

Hiya shaun,

Many thanks for the kind words! If it affects this site in any way then I will change it, as that is the last thing I want to do. I've currently set the software so that it allows one download every three minutes. I could perhaps change that to one per hour?

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:49 PM

Ok it's a great idea, but can I ask?
How is this machine base going to benefit this and other fme sites?
Ive not downloading it but As far as I can make out You have/are downloading as many layouts as possible from here, which as a donator you're perfectly within your rights, but are you letting others download them from this program?
To me, looking at the screenshot above looks like another start of a forum and where's the credit given for the authors/layout creators as I see none!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#13 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:51 PM

Hiya shaun,

Many thanks for the kind words! If it affects this site in any way then I will change it, as that is the last thing I want to do. I've currently set the software so that it allows one download every three minutes. I could perhaps change that to one per hour?

i honestly dont know if it will cause a problem or not...i was just thinking out loud....

im sure if it is a problem, admin will let you know......

bloody brilliant though...great work. :)

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

It could become a problem Shaun as I've just demonstrated you don't even need to be a member or signed in to download this and get the games which could in time effect the member joining of this and other sites
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#15 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:57 PM

Someone should write fruitserver program lol.

Were we can all play the same machines, save states that another user has left, like project amber had.

#16 dazzalatic

dazzalatic

• Regulars
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:00 PM

What a fantastic idea, thanks

I have a little problem, I run in administrator mode as stated but when I download a game It says t!   C:\pots of gold.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
Is there anyway of stopping this? I've tried it with a few games and get the same message every time.

Cheers

Dazzler

#17 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:22 PM

Ok it's a great idea, but can I ask?
How is this machine base going to benefit this and other fme sites?
Ive not downloading it but As far as I can make out You have/are downloading as many layouts as possible from here, which as a donator you're perfectly within your rights, but are you letting others download them from this program?
To me, looking at the screenshot above looks like another start of a forum and where's the credit given for the authors/layout creators as I see none!!

Hi Vectra, thanks for taking the time and trouble to comment. I will absolutely be giving full credit to each layout author (and the emulator author) in the software.

As you know, this is a V1.00 so I will be adding things very shortly.

It may be the case that I'll need to take it down to change things to make it acceptable, and if that occurs then that is what I will do.

It could become a problem Shaun as I've just demonstrated you don't even need to be a member or signed in to download this and get the games which could in time effect the member joining of this and other sites

Yes that is a possibility and is the opposite of what I hope to achieve (which is to make this site and the scene in general busier, not quieter).

i will most likely add a login system to the software in the next day or two, and a limit on the number of files that can be downloaded per day. Users will be pointed here to download further files after registering and making a donation here.

What a fantastic idea, thanks

I have a little problem, I run in administrator mode as stated but when I download a game It says t!   C:\pots of gold.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
Is there anyway of stopping this? I've tried it with a few games and get the same message every time.

Cheers

Dazzler

Hiya!

I would recommend downloading and installing the latest version of Winrar. This will allow you to correctly extract and use the files. If this is not the problem, please let me know and I will see what I can do to help!

Someone should write fruitserver program lol.

Were we can all play the same machines, save states that another user has left, like project amber had.

Far too complicated for me, not my area of expertise at all, sorry!

#18 dazzalatic

dazzalatic

• Regulars
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:27 PM

Cheers Fruitnutter off to try it now i'll let you know my results

Dazzler

UPDATE: works perfectly now thanks

Dazzler

Edited by dazzalatic, 03 October 2018 - 10:32 PM.

#19 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

Cheers Fruitnutter off to try it now i'll let you know my results

Dazzler

UPDATE: works perfectly now thanks

Dazzler

Great! Many thanks for the update!

#20 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Version 1.01 just released. Can be obtained from the FTP server as above (and shown again below)

ftp://machinebase:machinebase@machinebase.ddns.net/machinebase.exe

Now includes a "login" system, so that you can register and keep your own username for the chat shoutbox! Also some other updates to make things a little easier as well.

Any problems/bugs, let me know!

Will continue to update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users