• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone can assist me with a quick question about modern fruities and their connections to the Internet.

As I understand it, FOBT / £500 jackpot machines prefer/require Internet connectivity to function properly. I think this is also the case with the latest arcade machines as well and maybe even the CATC (D?) too?

Assuming I am correct, do they require / prefer to have a wired connection or are they all wireless?

Also, is there information about the amount of bandwidth / low latency that they require?

Thanks in advance,

Magz :)

#2 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hi

For FOBTs that you would find in a betting shop, yes, they all require connectivity. But - the machines are not on the public internet. They sit on a LAN in the shop, and talk to a back-office PC (as do the cashier terminals) which are connected via VPN to the platform operator. Most machines are wired for ease of connection and maximum reliability.

Depending on the platform, game updates are pushed in packages to each shop overnight, or download in the background. 

Bandwidth wise, most shops have a standard BT ADSL line, some remote shops (highlands and islands) have as little as 256k download speed. This is slow but sufficient to download a new game package once a month or so, and upload fault logs etc as necessary.

#3 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This would be more an "Over 18s" area so I suppose the question is whether they will have FOBT style terminals or more standard pub style fruit machines.

Either way I know what's what now!

Cheers!

#4 fruitnutter

fruitnutter

• Regulars
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

Rio digital - no connection to a server necessary.

Triple 7 - Can run standalone (i.e. no connection needed), or with the "Vertex" package. Vertex is the subscription based package that Barcrest offer. This means the machine needs to be connected to Barcrest, via broadband, or Kilostream+ link.

T8 - Works the same as Triple 7, but less T8 are standalone, most are Vertex.

Both Triple 7 and T8 can be linked up to other Triple7 / T8 via either a Cat5/Cat6 cable or a wireless system, in order for the community games to work.

Hope that helps.

#5 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

Triple 7 - Can run standalone (i.e. no connection needed), or with the "Vertex" package. Vertex is the subscription based package that Barcrest offer. This means the machine needs to be connected to Barcrest, via broadband, or Kilostream+ link.

Both Triple 7 and T8 can be linked up to other Triple7 / T8 via either a Cat5/Cat6 cable or a wireless system, in order for the community games to work.

Hope that helps.

Do you know how the Scorpion5 Community games are connected? Do they need to connect to a server or just each other?

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#6 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

Hope that helps.

It does - thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users