• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WibbleWobble

WibbleWobble

• New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

Hello folks,
Over the past couple of weeks I've been assembling parts and this weekend, got some time to actually put some of them together, using the excellent MFME keyboard guide by Reg, I managed to build the attached.

I then decided to move onto trying to get my coin mech to accept coins..... I have got a Cashflow 126Dfx which has been updated to accept the new £1 coin. The issue I have is that every coin that it should accept gets for flashes on the diagnostic LED. Which according to the manual is, 'coin recognised but not accepted due to inhibit setting.' I've read the manual from cover to cover and I know it is something amiss in my wiring, the question is does anybody have a wiring diagram, suitable for use with MFME. Or some guidance for a terminally confused but enthusiastic amateur.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Attached File  20180812_221800.jpg   92.79KB   1 downloads

#2 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hi Pete,

All the coin mech inhibit lines need to be grounded for it to accept coins.

mech pinouts here:

http://www.swallowam.co.uk/coinpin.php

Edited by Wizard, 12 August 2018 - 10:09 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#3 WibbleWobble

WibbleWobble

• New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

Hi Wizard,

Manny thanks for that info, tried it again this evening with all the inhibits grounded and I now have it accepting and routing coins.

Pete

#4 WibbleWobble

WibbleWobble

• New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Hi Again,

Do you guys know if the pulse for coin accept is the full 12v, as it is so quick even with Hold High enabled on my multi meter, I can't get a voltage reading, I get to see a pulse up to about 1.2-2.5v but I don't want to wire the coin accepts in to the iPAC and then find i've blown that sky high.

Thanks again

Pete

#5 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

The accepts are open collector outputs and go low to indicate a coin, so there is no problem connecring them directly to the IPAC

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#6 WibbleWobble

WibbleWobble

• New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Hi Wizard,

Many thanks for that info, I now have my coinmech accepting all coins and crediting the results into MFME so when I put a pound in I get a pound credit.

The next issue I have come across is that I didn't read the ebay advert carefully for my Azkoyen hopper and have ended up with a ccTalk one.....

Is this an insurmountable problem or is there any kind of interface board that can 'talk  ' to the hopper?

I have been having a google but can't thus far see anything

Sorry for all the noob questions.

Pete

#7 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:48 PM

My advice would be forget about getting the ccTalk working and just get another hopper.

#8 WibbleWobble

WibbleWobble

• New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

Hi Wizard,

Thanks for the reply, that is the conclusion I had come to also, so I have gone back to the idea of getting my compact hoppers working, I've ordered the parts for the circuit that you posted on my compact hopper thread and will go back to using those.....

That will teach me to read more carefully when late night shopping on eBay.

Thanks again, will hopefully post progress pics of cab soon, have decided to try and build my own from MDF.

Pete

#9 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

No problem, and good luck with your project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users