FOBT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:49 pm

My missus who is a manager in a bookmakers can't answer me this, shame on her.

When playing on FOBT's some games are advertised as random and some are advertised as compensated.

It is the compensated I am asking about.

Firstly is the game compensated against the entire machine or just that game specifically, so for instance if someone blew £1k in roulette (random) does that make the machine "wan't to pay out"

Secondly if it is only compensated for that specific game is it just that game on the one machine or is it across the network?

Thanks in advance

DD

#2 prizeguy2005

prizeguy2005

• Regulars
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:31 pm

meant to be random so in theory if someone blew or won 1k on the machine it wouldn't effect your chances of success although my personal experience of them is the roulette has a very compensated feel to it either cant hit a thing or the machine always finds a number for you if wants to pay

#3 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:53 pm

what prizeguy feels and what is real are two very VERY different answers.

FOBT roulette is 100%, you have to remember that at 98.xx % you cannot win. the odds are of course less than 50% if you bet red of black, and the more you stake you more you potentially win of lose. generally speaking, when you press start a winning number is picked via a satellite link and that is the number the ball will land on. this is why some spins look the same.

Random randoms generally some from the Astra games. this is why a full screen of jackpots and wilds never looks the same. easch charachter or reel symbol is a random result from within a random win or lose.

Compensated random (typically a barcrest game) is whereby a large win or sequence of wins influences the next XXX amount of plays until its in a good mood again. its still counted as random, its just the odds have significantly increased.

if you want me to explain further i can.

#4 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Gold Supporters
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:14 am

Winning or losing money on a compensated game which is part of a compendium usually just affects that particular game on the cabinet, and only locally to that cabinet.

This would definitely be the case for an FOBT in an LBO.  If losing money on one game made another more generous, neither would return the stated RTP%.

However, there are examples of pub or arcade compendiums where certain slots (all by the same company) share the same compensator.  This is usually to limit exposure on individual sites.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#5 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:04 am

meant to be random so in theory if someone blew or won 1k on the machine it wouldn't effect your chances of success although my personal experience of them is the roulette has a very compensated feel to it either cant hit a thing or the machine always finds a number for you if wants to pay

Yeah, I totally agree about the fobts roulette, After watching a friend of mine a few years back, I'd say it played more like a compensated random machine.    

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#6 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Gold Supporters
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:08 pm

I can feel a can of worms being opened here ;)

Ten pages in the thread by bedtime tonight :)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#7 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:13 pm

Well we did in the good old days on FF Steve.  Alex would be arguing the random/compensated route while a programmer ie DT or Gary would explain how the RNG compensator actually worked.  And Trouty, Pandy, and Stu Campbell would chip in for good measure.

:)

NQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FOBT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users