Maygay Mario Kart 64

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lozo

Lozo

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

So im in the process of sorting bits on my Maygay machine & ive annoyingly got four/five bulb holders that will not work even if I change the bulbs holders to known working ones. The on bulb holders that work are yellow ones I bought on ebay but they dont follow the same sequence as the others and tend to stay stuck on the whole time... Looks a bit shit when your playing the main board. Ive tried replacing the main lamp board but that doesnt make a difference? The wiring looks fine and I dont want to keep messing about with the wires....

Attached Files

• Attached File  MB.jpg   198.54KB   0 downloads

#2 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:56 AM

If wiring is definitely fine then you have transistors that are damaged on the lamp board. One ore more will be short cct so the lamps it/they control are always on.
New / different lamp board or repair needed.

Edited by Mavroz, 25 July 2018 - 03:57 AM.

#3 Lozo

Lozo

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

Im not 100% sure if the wiring is fine as I have tried two lamp boards which both work and the problem is still there? What would be thing to test this a volt meter? 

#4 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

If the lamps are flashing and not permanently on as in they flash in attract
Mode etc but they are the wrong lamp that is lighting at the wrong time it seems like wires have been crossed. Maybe wrong wires to wrong lamp row, lampholders have been connected to wiring wrong way around, diode in lampholders is not working, diode has been bypassed or is shorting wiring pressed to lampholders. Start by checking these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users