Astra Rainbow king PCB help (i/03)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrrix

mrrix

• New Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

Can anyone help me, i think i have the wrong voltages running to the board. Does anyone have the correct inputs for the two plugs shown in photo? Would be much appreciated!!Attached File  IMG_2272.jpg   617.51KB   2 downloads

#2 mrrix

mrrix

• New Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Failing that does anyone know where I can get a replacement intergrated i03 board? Or how I can test what power should go to the plugs by following the tracks etc? Any help appreciated

#3 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

1. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE WRONG VOLTAGE

oops caps lock on

2. a few firms offer advance replacements like maggi maggi

http://maggielectronics.co.uk/

#4 mrrix

mrrix

• New Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the reply nails, the green light on the board is faint, and i have the "Failed to initialise IO3" so wanted to check voltages to board. NIce person at Heber sent me diagram now so i have eliminated this. For anyone that needs it

Attached File  IO3 Power requirements.png   32.08KB   2 downloads

LS+, is the speaker output
VLED+, was normally +12V for the seven segment displays
VMPX, was normally +34V for the lamps
VPAY+, was normally +24V for hoppers
+12V_1N, is as suggest +12V in to power board
+5V_OUT, is as suggest a 5V output normally for reel optos and VFD.
-12V, is as suggested -12V for RS232 buffers and BACTA  port

Any ideas what the likely issue is now? Tried dil switch ram clear, does nothing same error, gone into windows and everything seems fine there, no loose connections or obvious problems, just cant get pc to talk to io3! Worth shorting the battery? Or can i check connection to IO3 using windows?

#5 mrrix

mrrix

• New Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:08 PM

Just for anyone that can give me advice, there are a lot of apps within the windows system that suggest the pc is talking to the IO3 board. Unfortunately i do not have the knowledge to work out exactly what the issue is. IF anyone has had similar issue or can think of any suggestions, i have the exact hold point shown on the sshell window "waiting for a client connection"

Attached File  Failed to initialize IO3.JPG   114.77KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users