Photo
- - - - -

Barcrest ERIO Help

Best Answer nails, 27 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

its a standard PC power supply, 300watt?  not that it matters really as the PSU is only driving the motherboard and either a HD, or lower powered SSD. 

£20-£30 should be enough. check the connectors on the HD. if its SATA and not the old PATA, then make sure your new PSU has SATA connections, though said that, SATA has been out for many years and probably standard on the smallest of PSU's

the PSU going i would say is the biggest contributor of on/off not working, and BSOD's.

let us know buddy, even take a video of your process so we can see whats what.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Pretty sure the PSU is fked on my new erio. I was wondering what PSU it uses and if there are any around on the spare parts sites? Don't mind the price. 

So its a Barcrest Enhance Rio, with MK4 PC. 

I was also wondering what are the differences between the PC's in the erio's? MK4, MK5, MK6 etc? Do they include better hardware or something? 

Thanks a lot and a late merry christmas :)

Edited by mazza500, 26 December 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#2 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

What's happened?

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#3 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

What's happened?

Got a blue screen of of death error, rebooted, worked for 5 minutes and then crashed completely with no error. Now won't boot at all. It's defo the PC itself. Everything seems fine so suspecting PSU. 

#4 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

You could try a new hard drive image?

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#5 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

You could try a new hard drive image?

Already tried a new hard drive, didn't work unfortunately. Pretty sure it is the PSU. 

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:09 AM   Best Answer

its a standard PC power supply, 300watt?  not that it matters really as the PSU is only driving the motherboard and either a HD, or lower powered SSD. 

£20-£30 should be enough. check the connectors on the HD. if its SATA and not the old PATA, then make sure your new PSU has SATA connections, though said that, SATA has been out for many years and probably standard on the smallest of PSU's

the PSU going i would say is the biggest contributor of on/off not working, and BSOD's.

let us know buddy, even take a video of your process so we can see whats what.

#7 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Posting this as I don't want people thinking I either knowingly sold a dodgy machine, or that it had died a week after me selling it.

It turns out that there must have been a connection in the pc that had worked loose in transit.

He messaged me to say that he has had it all apart, put it back together and that everything is now working  as it should be.

I had never had any problem like this in the 5 years or so that I had the machine, so it just goes to prove what has been said 100's of times before that everything should be checked when you have transported a machine.

Make sure all connections are sound and that plugs and connectors etc don't look like they could drop out at any moment.

Ideally this should be done before the initial switch on, after the machines arrival at it's new home :)

• spa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users