• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Welcome to the world of FME! 100 downloads and 3 thanks is pretty standard these days!

Steve, you know the score :(

#62 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Come on, get signed up, 13 more needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

NQ

#63 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

12 now since I've subbed again.  Sorry but I must say this is pretty piss poor that we can't get 100 sign ups considering how much Reg has done for FME over the years, it should have been done in tens mins.  Shame on you lot of leeching bastards who can't spare 20 seconds to help a FME lifer out.... annoyed :(

ETA - make that ten now... ;)

#64 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Wonder if the guy over at Retro Arcade Machine could give a shout out ;)    

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#65 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

12 now since I've subbed again.  Sorry but I must say this is pretty piss poor that we can't get 100 sign ups considering how much Reg has done for FME over the years, it should have been done in tens mins.  Shame on you lot of leeching bastards who can't spare 20 seconds to help a FME lifer out.... annoyed :(

i think its even worse than it appears, as many of the members who have subscribed to reg`s channel have done so multiple times on mutiple accounts....so by the time it reaches 100, it may be only 50 members who have botherd to subscribe.....as GEDDY said..."piss poor"

this site (and others) gives so much, but there seems to be a few "hardcore" members who give what they can, whilst the rest just take, take, take...

COME ON ALL YOU TAKERS! GIVE SOMTHING BACK...SUBSCRIBE TO REG`S CHANNEL!

i am going to be releasing my first ever layout soon (astra, hot cross run) it would NOT have been possible without MFME lands rescources and help from other members..

SUBSCRIBE!!!!

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#66 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

Ya well me thinks there should be a cull, i looked at one member the other night Joined 2003, Active posts 3, and they was online 12th dec 2017!!!! Really!!!....

Is i possible for admin etc to see ip address?? if so, ban that way then they cant rejoin from that address. maybe stop people rejoining after they have been removed??

Bump!!! anyways.

Edited by evo1, 17 December 2017 - 07:50 PM.

#67 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

Ya well me thinks there should be a cull, i looked at one member the other night Joined 2003, Active posts 3, and they was online 12th dec 2017!!!! Really!!!....
Is i possible for admin etc to see ip address?? if so, ban that way then they cant rejoin from that address. maybe stop people rejoining after they have been removed??

Bump!!! anyways.

Banning out of hand is a dangerous game, sometimes long time “inactive” members suddenly become site supporters. Happened quite a bit when the new emulator was released...

#68 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

Banning out of hand is a dangerous game, sometimes long time “inactive” members suddenly become site supporters. Happened quite a bit when the new emulator was released...

That would be so that they could download more, another sign of someone wanting everything at once.

Have they continued to support or not?

If not, it would be interesting to know whether or not they suddenly donate again when the new version is released!

#69 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Wasnt on about me :p ;)

Edited by evo1, 17 December 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#70 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Ok maybe used the word BAN!! out of context,but lets say remove inactive members say from before 2010 and if they join up again, maybe have a 10 - 20 post this then gets people involved as thought a forums was about discussion(does matter if its off topic,but most people who come here have add some sort of dealings with fruit machines in there past.) and not just to take. But more people need to get involved for the scene to get bigger. Even if they take photos in arcades near to them its something. If they heart is in it they will help out and donate- become member!! 

#71 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

i still say the member whom downloads should make a certain amount of post within say six months/year even if its only 20, then if they come back after over a year or so out then they need to make another 20posts before downloading again.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#72 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

I expect a high percentage of members have simply signed up to download freebies and have no real interest in the forum side of things.  Nothing really wrong with that.  

J

#73 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

I expect a high percentage of members have simply signed up to download freebies and have no real interest in the forum side of things.  Nothing really wrong with that.  

J

What utter bollocks!

A forum is for people to take part and discuss, to join in and have a laugh, debate (argue) etc.

It is definitely NOT a place for people to join up and bleed the place dry.

If you think that there is nothing wrong with doing that, it makes you every bit as bad as the f*****g leechers in my book! 

#74 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

Yeah thanks for that.      

#75 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

...and we are there - many thanks to Retro Arcade Machine, him and his team pushed it over the limit. ( https://www.youtube....-v0sNwyVib552mA )

Many thanks to everyone here as well for all you have done.  The promotion is over, the challenge is over and now I can setup a URL.

You are all stars - each and everyone of you for your help. :)

Edited by Reg, 17 December 2017 - 11:41 PM.

#76 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:01 AM

...and we are there - many thanks to Retro Arcade Machine, him and his team pushed it over the limit. ( https://www.youtube....-v0sNwyVib552mA )

Many thanks to everyone here as well for all you have done.  The promotion is over, the challenge is over and now I can setup a URL.

You are all stars - each and everyone of you for your help. :)

Well done! Shame it took so long. I wish you well in your venture. :thumbs_up:

• Reg likes this

#77 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

Well done Reg!!!  Congrats.....

@chasbons I wonder what this place would be like if there were NO downloads.  You know people had their own places to download from like DxCellent and DIF...... interesting.

#78 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

Yeah thanks for that.      

Don't worry, we still love yer Fuzion.

#79 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

Well done Reg!!!  Congrats.....

@chasbons I wonder what this place would be like if there were NO downloads.  You know people had their own places to download from like DxCellent and DIF...... interesting.

Very quiet!
Well done reg on finally meeting your goal!!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#80 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

@Geddy. Without downloads the site would simply fade over time. Like you say, DXcellent has his own download point as does DIF. Not too sure, but do these guys allow their layouts to be uploaded here?

Anyway I've just been an effing leech since I got into fme in 2002, I'm only here to get stuff for free 😁

J
Well done Reg!

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users