195 replies to this topic

#141 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Looking forward to the final piece, as WAC stated I don't give a fish's tit who you are if you are bringing this type of quality to the party.

Only thing I'm worried about is us designers will need to up our game.   :twitcy:

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#142 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Looks fantastic fella.

I think people might wonder about your identity as the other guy in question was very passionate about creating fme layouts. This was some many years ago.

I'd say almost everyone else couldn't care less who you are as like warecity said, you are creating something here for people to enjoy, for free. Don't let them put you off, you can actually switch these users to ignore and vice versa for them.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#143 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

Thanks again fuzion, I appreciate it.

I've adjusted the reel masks a little and I've just now cropped the overall layout in preparation for people's cabinet use.

It was only while doing this that I realized I'd forgotten to attach keys to the trail collection buttons.

At the moment the shortcuts for the layout are:

=CONTROLS=

0 - INSERT £1
9 - INSERT SINGLE (10p/20p)

Spacebar - START
1 - LEFT HOLD
2 - CENTER HOLD / HI
3 - RIGHT HOLD / LOW
CTRL - CANCEL

E - EXCHANGE
C - COLLECT

Based on this, do you guys have any preference or suggestion on what "Collect Cash", "Collect Features" and "Collect Nudges" could be?

I was thinking something like "6", "7" and "8" but I'm open to some thought on what to make the defaults for those.

Edited by Benjamoose, 01 January 2018 - 01:57 PM.

#144 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Thanks again fuzion, I appreciate it.

I've adjusted the reel masks a little and I've just now cropped the overall layout in preparation for people's cabinet use.

It was only while doing this that I realized I'd forgotten to attach keys to the trail collection buttons.

At the moment the shortcuts for the layout are:

Based on this, do you guys have any preference or suggestion on what "Collect Cash", "Collect Features" and "Collect Nudges" could be?

I was thinking something like "6", "7" and "8" but I'm open to some thought on what to make the defaults for those.

The standard cancel key that most people are used to is the tilde key to the left of 1, I'd chose F, N & C for collect features, nudges and cash. You can also add a secondary shortcuts, I normally add H & L to the hi/lo buttons also. Also 0 to add £1s then work to the left as you depreciate 9=50p and so on.

Edited by Pook, 01 January 2018 - 02:11 PM.

Click to visit my site.

#145 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

The standard cancel key that most people are used to is the tilde key to the left of 1, I'd chose F, N & C for collect features, nudges and cash. You can also add a second shortcut to also, I normally add H & L to the hi/lo buttons also.

Sounds good. I'll change some of the keys. Having a second shortcut is a nice feature.

The only problem I see there is I currently already have "C" for the "Collect" button at the bottom.

Edited by Benjamoose, 01 January 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#146 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

B (collect bank), or make the esc cancel (afterall how often do you use it) which releases C for collect cash.

Click to visit my site.

#147 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

B (collect bank), or make the esc cancel (afterall how often do you use it) which releases C for collect cash.

"B" could work! Thanks!

I don't think I could use "ESC" though as if you put MFME into full-screen mode, pressing it backs you out into windowed.

Edited by Benjamoose, 01 January 2018 - 02:14 PM.

#148 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

So here's my revised guide:

=CONTROLS=

0 - INSERT £1
9 - INSERT 50p
8 - INSERT 20p
7 - INSERT 10p
6 - INSERT 5p

Spacebar - START
1 - LEFT HOLD
2 (or H) - CENTER HOLD / HI
3 (or L) - RIGHT HOLD / LOW
CTRL (or `) - CANCEL

E - EXCHANGE
C - COLLECT

B - C/Cash
F - C/Features
N - C/Nudges

Edited by Benjamoose, 01 January 2018 - 02:25 PM.

#149 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

I'd of had T for take cash bank that would free up C for cash trail?
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#150 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Hi benjamoose, I'd have ` for cancel as it's next to the 1 key, that way it looks like a fruit machine

#151 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

When will the madness end....

#152 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

When will the madness end....

Maybe when people like you stop drawing their own conclusions despite evidence to the contrary...

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#153 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Looks great like art ready to be printed on to actual glass 👍🏻
Posted Image

#154 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Maybe when people like you stop drawing their own conclusions despite evidence to the contrary...

Like you drawing your own conclusions to what I was referring to?  I was actually on about the droning on of a 8 page WIP thread... it's monotonous and tedious at best and really is just setting the layout up for a fall.  Looking at the video it's no where near what we had from some designers years and years ago.  However of course that's just my opinion.

Of course if you were thinking I was referring to the 'identity' thing well really, wake up, get a coffee and smell it... I feel sorry for you if you can't see what is right in front of you.. I won't insult your intelligence but bullet pointing the 'evidence' in this thread alone...

#155 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Don't follow the thread if you don't like this type of WIP, some members are enjoying it.   Maybe there should be a lengthy wip rule on the forum :)

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#156 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Don't follow the thread if you don't like this type of WIP, some members are enjoying it.   Maybe there should be a lengthy wip rule on the forum :)

Yeah great idea.  Yeah maybe some are, but then some are not as well I guess.  You can't please everyone all the time...

#157 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

I was actually on about the droning on of a 8 page WIP thread.

Of course you were, it's obvious now, couldn't of been any clearer.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#158 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

Looking forward to firing this up in portrait on my nice monitor at work.  I bet it will look flawless at full-size with all those plain textures and vivid colours :)

I prefer the flat approach because I'm playing on a flat screen I want to see everything as clearly as possible :thumbs_up:

But that's just me.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#159 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

J

Nothing wrong with long wip threads, just look at all mine, step by step lol.
That all stems from when members didn't actually believe I did the work or most of it in my layouts, but that's past history as is this, is it him from the past or not personally as said before I couldn't give a monkeys even if the queen herself made a wip. End of the day they're be a layout (hopefully) for us all to enjoy.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#160 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

I was actually on about the droning on of a 8 page WIP thread... it's monotonous and tedious at best and really is just setting the layout up for a fall.  Looking at the video it's no where near what we had from some designers years and years ago.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm not trying to compete with anyone or after any internet cred. So I'm not entirely sure how it can "fall".

I was originally making this for my own personal use as the two main games I wanted to have were Crazy Fruits and Homer's Meltdown.

When I started this project there was literally only a basic classic layout available with no graphics.
By the time I got to a point where I could show something a couple of people had already made some attempts at turning photos into a layout, which is why I ended up announcing this before it was finished.

I signed up here originally just to download files (Crazy Fruits and the emulator) and the only reason Homer's Meltdown happened when it did in all that time was because the ROM previously didn't work in MFME, which of course changed.

The main reason I ended up making a thread about it was I knew I'd need help with a few things.
I'd poked around the emulator on Crazy Fruits but I wasn't sure of everything, so I knew I need to ask questions.

As for the long WIP. I wasn't aware there was a rule against this. I'm a member of a forum for Source games (Facepunch.com) and a few others (The Replica Prop Forum), and whenever I've worked on a project this is just how I've posted.

If this isn't allowed I'll refrain from doing it in the future.

Of course if you were thinking I was referring to the 'identity' thing well really, wake up, get a coffee and smell it... I feel sorry for you if you can't see what is right in front of you.. I won't insult your intelligence but bullet pointing the 'evidence' in this thread alone...

I've had several people tell me to just ignore this at this point via PM, but it's honestly a little upsetting to have it constantly in my thread or to feel like I'm being judged or laughed at for something I don't even know or understand.

I've posted a video of myself talking directly to the camera with my voice/face and even showed my computer with the .PSD file on it.

I've replied to people messaging my YouTube account (up since 2009) and my professional voice over website (that also has my face and resume). Both of which have been up for years (check the Wayback machine if you need to).

If you search my username "Benjamoose" or my name, "Benjamin Rudman", you'll find me popping up over the years in various places. Such as the Kritzkast TF2 podcast, working with John J. Dick (the voice of Serious Sam), etc.

From the people that have helped me with my project or offered support, this community has been amazing and really made me want to stick around. But at the same time I don't want to be constantly harassed on my social sites to prove my identity or to have people abuse my business email.

If you can give me something to do that will lay this to rest I'll do it. Post on my Twitter? Host a live stream? etc.

Edited by Benjamoose, 02 January 2018 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users