#81 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

And now colored in!

mhMCNgM.png

Ignore any of the weird, unfinished looking spots on the right (the flat areas of the frame).

Anything like that gets covered by the other artwork (such as the feature trails).

Edited by Benjamoose, 14 December 2017 - 11:22 PM.

#82 exclaret

exclaret

• Regulars
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Incredible art work Benjamoose, I'm so envious of the skill you and lot's of the other guys on here have. Thanks for sharing this with us.

#83 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Incredible art work Benjamoose, I'm so envious of the skill you and lot's of the other guys on here have. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thank you! I appreciate it :D

To round off today's session, here are some arrows for the £5 variant.

ve8mVrU.png

#84 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

By crikey, this is great stuff!  :)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#85 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Mmmmmm excellllent as always, you show true skill and if you can crack the lamping to accompany this, this will be one, if not the greatest looking layouts we have.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#86 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

Having painstakingly traced and redrawn this artwork I don't think the built in omni tool is going to cause any problems.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#87 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

Truly does look good! Be nice to play such a clean crisp layout. 

#88 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for all the kind words again!

RX8aDtG.png

Today I redrew the faces in the bottom-left!

The little details (the burp particles and the leaves/hedge trimmers) were a bit of a pain, but I managed to get it done.

Additionally, the colors aren't consistent on Barney (in comparison to his appearance in the top-right), so matching his secondary colors became a bit awkward since these ones don't properly match his official stock art either.

Edited by Benjamoose, 17 December 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#89 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

You really are putting a lot of effort into this layout and it shows, I look forward to see just how fantastic it will look when finished.

#90 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

All good.  When is the planned release and are other layouts going to be made?

#91 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

All good.  When is the planned release and are other layouts going to be made?

I have to admit I have no plan  :spinny: . I'll likely just keep working on it bit by bit at the pace I currently have been (probably every other day) until it's fully completed and working in the emulator, then upload it for use.

I suppose based on what few things I have left to do, getting it to work in the emulator will likely be the deciding factor as to how long it takes me to finish.

As for other layouts; I've been working on this one for a few months now. I took a break from it for a while before signing up, but getting the foundations started for it (e.g. the scale, the sizing, the machine frames etc.) took the longest as I was essentially working from nothing.

So I imagine after this layout I'll be taking a bit of a break so that I don't feel obligated to get into Photoshop every day for a little bit.

That said, I feel like "The Simpson's Beer Guide" could be a possible next layout as it uses a lot of the same artwork and fonts and I could reuse my base template for the machine itself without having to start from scratch.

Failing that, I'd likely just choose something I'm interested in; Alien, The Simpsons, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.

#92 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

Sonic would be a brilliant one to do 👍🏻
Posted Image

#93 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:54 AM

Nothing too exciting today:

1. I tweaked the symbols at the bottom.
Before:
4jIdadE.png

After:

sk7BE9o.png

They now have a secondary white outline with a black outline on top of that and I've adjusted the drop-shadow on them a little.

You might have to click on the full-size versions of the screenshots to see the difference.

2. I have finished all the warnings and disclaimers.

TofOExU.png

I plan on making a series of alternate prices (5p, 10p, 25p, etc) as separate little graphics, then leaving them to the right of the layout in design mode.

So that in theory someone could go into edit mode and swap them around if they don't want it to be on 10p.

Edited by Benjamoose, 20 December 2017 - 01:56 AM.

#94 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

...or release each version separately.

J

#95 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

...or release each version separately.

J

Oh I will be releasing two different versions. Clarification:

The two jackpot variations I'll be making (£5 and £15) use separate graphics for the base layout and the lights.
They both have elements that use completely unique assets (the £5 has arrows whereas the £15 has text for example).

These will be likely be released as separate releases as you'd expect.

But the tiny price-to-play box in the top-right however has no flashing lights and is completely interchangeable between the £5 and £15 versions. That'd be like 7 different uploads for the price amounts. Then on top of that the prices are interchangeable between the jackpot variants, so then it gets doubled, so it'd then be like 14 uploads.

It's easier just to make some little alternate price rectangles as additional graphics placed beside the machine that can easily be moved in-place of whatever the default price is, specifically just for the "25p Play" box and nothing else.

Plus that way you can just pick a jackpot type you like, and you have the ability to change the visual price whenever you feel like it.

It's also more flexible vs. many other layouts where the visual price is dependent on the upload and then completely static regardless of whether you change the internal settings or not.

Edited by Benjamoose, 20 December 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#96 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:39 AM

Isn't the £15 versions Supposed to be £25 or was there a £15 release too
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#97 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

Isn't the £15 versions Supposed to be £25 or was there a £15 release too

From what I gathered from research, either the £25 version is made with unofficial graphics, or the company did an incredibly sloppy job, which seems less likely as they'd have the original assets.

There are definitely official versions for both £5 and £15 though.

Here is why this stands out to me:

muQTuJP.png

The last 4 spaces on Homer's jackpot trail (like the ones before it) each have a completely unique facial pose for each of the spaces.

This is apparent on both the £15 and £5 versions.

However the £25 version moves the £15 spot over the £10 spot, copies it, then someone has crudely changed the "1" in "£15 to a "2".
This makes both of the last two spaces Homer's "Happy Drool" face. Hopefully it's easy to see the doctored numbers in the full image.

The same can be seen in the bottom right of the machine:

3O9fHlO.png

I forgot to include the third comparison in the above shot, but hopefully you should still be able to see that someone has shoddily changed/added the "2" in "£25".

Since I know some official artwork exists for both the £15 and £20, I chose to replicate them to cover both styles (arrows and numbers), which means I'm making two layouts already.

While I could make a third, I feel that the shoddy artwork gives me an excuse not to.

Edited by Benjamoose, 20 December 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#98 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Thats just someones botch job on that machine, this did get an official £25 upgrade with proper decals to match. There was hardly any of these about on £15 jackpot. If anything it's the £5 jackpot that had bodged decals!
Hold the bells mate.

#99 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

I still think it's best to release every variation.  Honestly, I've been around this 'scene' since the beginning and I can tell you a lot of people don't even know how to get into edit mode.  You really would need to supply a 48 page guide.  You will be inundated with some of these classic questions...

I can't see the bottom half of the machine

What's 'edit mode'

What does 'drag artwork to correct position' mean

Where is 'left mouse button'

It's not working

J

#100 Benjamoose

Benjamoose

Layout Creator

• Regulars
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Thats just someones botch job on that machine, this did get an official £25 upgrade with proper decals to match. There was hardly any of these about on £15 jackpot. If anything it's the £5 jackpot that had bodged decals!

From my own experiences (Blackpool) I've only ever seen it on £5 over the years.

And no matter how hard I Google, I can find an infinite number of £15 pictures/videos, lots of £5 pictures/videos, but literally only a speck of £25 versions. Not saying you're wrong of course, just that I'm not seeing it's popularity at the moment official-wise.

Even people on YouTube with their machines set to £25 jackpot seem to have the wrong decals.

I'll take your word for it that an official version was made though. Perhaps depending on how things work out, when all is said and done I'll knock up a £25 edition, but I think I'd prefer to see official copies of the artwork first.

Though we'll see how that pans out I guess.

I still think it's best to release every variation.  Honestly, I've been around this 'scene' since the beginning and I can tell you a lot of people don't even know how to get into edit mode.  You really would need to supply a 48 page guide.  You will be inundated with some of these classic questions...

I can't see the bottom half of the machine

What's 'edit mode'

What does 'drag artwork to correct position' mean

Where is 'left mouse button'

It's not working

J

Totally agree, but if someone can't figure out how to click edit mode and drag a graphic from the right then I'm not sure I should go super crazy catering to that.

I'll leave a little blurb on the final upload mentioning how to do it.

At the end of the day, being able to change the completely cosmetic price-to-play amount is purely just a fun feature idea. Many layouts don't from what I see.

That said, I'll likely be uploading at a default of 10p-per-play. Which if they're able to change by figuring out how to change the internal price amount, I'm sure they could also figure out the edit mode.

I'm certainly not making every single possible variation just for that at 14 layouts (21 layouts if I make a £25 one in addition!) :p.

Edited by Benjamoose, 20 December 2017 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users