• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

anyone we know......?

i know there are loads of people selling this on FleaBay.....but this one looks slighty professional..(ish)

read their negitave feed back.....shocking "bandits" ;)  (pun intended)

the leagal stuff at the bottom of the listing made me smile also.... :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...w0AAOSw8gVX8AeU

Edited by shaun2097, 14 October 2017 - 06:30 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#2 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thing that get's me is they're all just shit.  Send me a 500gig HD and I could fill it up with all FME related stuff, but they sell a poxy dvd's worth.

NQ.

• ady likes this

#3 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

Thing that get's me is they're all just shit.  Send me a 500gig HD and I could fill it up with all FME related stuff, but they sell a poxy dvd's worth.

NQ.

i agree. total shit....

#4 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Legitimate company registration and real VAT number, which surprised me somewhat. They sell various bits of software and operating systems on various platforms as well as eBay, and their own website...

#5 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

I have and never really have had an issue with FME on Ebay.

But if you are going to buy, at least buy something comprehensive, not less than 200 machines. It's nice to know that there are members around, those who can still supply a backup if someone loses their collection. I personally back up at least once a month, sometimes more depending on how many releases there are. Even in the FME lean years, I backed up every 10 or so releases, so usually once every few months.

I must say I don't have a complete collection of FME, because I don't want several versions of machines and I must say I don't really do classics still, even my own lol.

#6 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

their feedback suggests that a lot of their software is counterfiet, and may even contain malware......thats not very nice, is it? you get double shafted!!

#7 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

their feedback suggests that a lot of their software is counterfiet, and may even contain malware......thats not very nice, is it? you get double shafted!!

Attached File  IMG_0499.PNG   750.77KB   0 downloads

Indeed.

#8 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

NQ.

500gig???? were have i bin iv only got about 20gigs worth

#9 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

I dont agree with these people trying to make money of the back of other peoples hardwork.they come on here never comment on anything just hide in the background take, take,take then have the cheek to rip people off.

i know the machines are free to download, but some people would ratherbuy a dvd, why doesn't Alex make an official dvd  on behalf of fruit emu and sell it on ebay and put the money made back into the site, or for resources??  

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:10 AM

Well, any users live here ??

https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

#11 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

I wish!

It won't be a residential address, it's a limited company accommodation type arrangement via an accountant or services company.

#12 Pook

Pook

More human than human.

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

About 4 miles from me, not a cheap area to live for sure.

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572

Click to visit my site.

#13 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Dodgy copies of windows.
Dont know how fleabay put up with that scrap pc crap.

#14 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

I have and never really have had an issue with FME on Ebay.

But if you are going to buy, at least buy something comprehensive, not less than 200 machines. It's nice to know that there are members around, those who can still supply a backup if someone loses their collection. I personally back up at least once a month, sometimes more depending on how many releases there are. Even in the FME lean years, I backed up every 10 or so releases, so usually once every few months.

I must say I don't have a complete collection of FME, because I don't want several versions of machines and I must say I don't really do classics still, even my own lol.

I in part disagree.

I wouldn't see a problem if the people selling the products gave a good percentage to all the fmfe sites and to all who put so much time,effort and dedication into those sites.

I stumbled upon fruit emu through purchasing a dvd on ebay,so yes if I had not done so then I would have never come across the site.

Yet the fact the then seller gave no reference or praise to the fruit emulation sites nor mentioned any monies going to them,shows and proves he/she was just out to exploit the sites for there own personal gain.

Jay

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

A user called key-software is suddenly in the queue for new account validation.

Looks like someone googles themselves.

#16 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

dont let the bastard in!

#17 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

A user called key-software is suddenly in the queue for new account validation.

Looks like someone googles themselves.

LET THEM IN!

lets see what they have to say for themselves........  ;)

and lets see if they make a donation or not...............

Edited by shaun2097, 15 October 2017 - 08:07 PM.

#18 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

LET THEM IN!

lets see what they have to say for themselves........  ;)

and lets see if they make a donation or not...............

There already in!!

#19 key-software

key-software

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

My ears were burning so I thought I'd better chime in. This is my first visit to the site so thanks for letting me in to defend myself. 

Firstly I realise it's not the best product in the world however it is only £1.99 and by the time you take into account ebay/paypal/postage/vat fees i'd be lucky to see 50p profit which isn't going to get me many spins. Selling on eBay is a tough gig with low margins and thousands of clueless buyers expecting hours of support when they paid a few quid for a disc always with the threat of negative feedback. Speaking of which thanks for posting all mine above. I run at 99.2% positive and have over 15,000 positive feedback so it's not really relevant and I searched my last 1000 and couldn't find any negatives for this product. 

As Jay stated above he got into this by buying an eBay listing and then found this website once his interest increased. I have no doubt many of my buyers end up on here after using the disc and eBay has a much wider audience than this site. Do I feel I'm ripping people off - absolutely not. Do I think I could offer a better service? With your help sure I can. I'm always looking to improve the products I offer. If someone here wants to come up with a a 1,2 or 3 disc set or a 16GB usb set then I'd be happy to sell it and give 25% of the profit to the site. I could even add the forum into the software menu loader to promote the site to newbies. Could you do this yourselves? Yes but I have the experience and support to ensure the products would be a success as well as a 20,000 strong database of potential buyers.

So admin has my real address (my accountant whose address is above wouldn't appreciate a visit) and if you have any other questions ask away. 

Simon

#20 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

Thank you for your donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users