• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ProtWarWTF

ProtWarWTF

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Hi all!

I wanted to start a thread to cover my cabinet build and hopefully get some information flowing. So first off I want to say sorry I'm going to have a lot of questions. I am a newbie not only to MFME but fruit machines in general. I knew I wanted to make a slot machine cabinet and MFME seems to the coolest and most active emulator for this out there. A little information about my current plan for a build. I am planning on using some kind of FrontEnd like mgalaxy, hyperspin, or launchBox. I haven't quite decided yet since none of them are running quite the way I would like. I am also planning on using RockerLauncher as it is helping with fullscreening and resizing the desktop. My first round of question go as this.

- How do you fullscreen MFME? I have read that it requires the desktop to be at 1024 x 768 resolution but that isn't quite enough. I am currently planning on using RocketLauncher which helps with this but I am curious how others are doing this.

- How do you read payouts for coin hoppers? Can you read the payout while the player is actively doing a payout or can you only do it when MFME closes?

- How can you read for what buttons or LEDs are active?

- Is there a general breakdown of all MFMEs features somewhere?

- How can I change the target win % of a layout?

- Is anyone else having problems with there front end not being focused after closing MFME?

Sorry for all the questions (and probably bad grammar ;)) I am quite knew to MFME and I couldn't find the place on the forums that answers these. I am really excited to get this build started and the other builds are looking awesome!

#2 Reg

Reg

Legend

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 625 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

So the first comment is "good luck" with what you do - it really is a rewarding experience.

It really is a case of walking before you can run.  Do you have a cabinet shell in place yet - that has to be the first thing - decide on what you want to put it into.

Signature_003.png ...or if you like retro - you could try...   retro_sig.png

#3 ProtWarWTF

ProtWarWTF

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hey Reg thanks for the advice.

I have a design based of what I think MFME requires for buttons and such. It isn't made yet though just some blueprints for cutouts atm. I understand where your coming from but I'm still having trouble just using MFME and understanding what can be done with it.

#4 Reg

Reg

Legend

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 625 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hey Reg thanks for the advice.

I have a design based of what I think MFME requires for buttons and such. It isn't made yet though just some blueprints for cutouts atm. I understand where your coming from but I'm still having trouble just using MFME and understanding what can be done with it.

Hmm - ok - I am going to answer all your questions so far where I can - but my advice here is play with MFME and learn MFME first.  You are diving off at the deep-end without even understanding the emulator and wanted to build a cabinet for it.

Anyway, here goes.

Buttons - this is what I have used on mine...

Attached File  Setup.jpg   188.51KB   1 downloads

...layouts have to modified to use them as people use different shortcuts, but it woks fine.

- How do you fullscreen MFME? I have read that it requires the desktop to be at 1024 x 768 resolution but that isn't quite enough. I am currently planning on using RocketLauncher which helps with this but I am curious how others are doing this.

It does any resolution you ask of it dependant on the layout - it can work in full screen as shown above on my picture.

- How do you read payouts for coin hoppers? Can you read the payout while the player is actively doing a payout or can you only do it when MFME closes?

By this statement, I don't think you're as new to MFME as you make out.  Anyway, I don't have coin mech working on mine - other cabinet designers to - speak to them.

- How can you read for what buttons or LEDs are active?

Configured with the PacDriver.

- Is there a general breakdown of all MFMEs features somewhere?

These forums, http://www.desertislandfruits.com, http://www.fruitemu.co.uk, http://dadsfme.co.uk

- How can I change the target win % of a layout?

Within the Configuration tab or via checkboxes in some cases.

- Is anyone else having problems with there front end not being focused after closing MFME?

Can't help here.

So what blueprints did you do so far - what designs did you come up with for your buttons etc ?

Signature_003.png ...or if you like retro - you could try...   retro_sig.png

#5 ProtWarWTF

ProtWarWTF

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:51 AM

Whew! Sorry for the long pause. Thank you Reg for your help on all this. I have a cabinet build nearly complete and will be putting together a breakdown of what I did later this month April 2019. Since that is coming down the line I was also wondering something. I ended up writing quite a bit of code to get my cabinet's software all in order. This community is really great and it's time I give back to it what I can. My question is, would it be useful if I posted my code here. Most of it is in c# and purpose built to solve the problems I was having. Mostly things like focus problems between launching different programs, or more where the bigger lift was, in getting my arduino to work a coin hopper.

What I can write now is the 3rd party software I used to get games launching. I use hyperspin as a front end. Then rocket launcher to hold the game database and launch\exiting scripts. Will post a more thorough breakdown in the near future!

#6 ProtWarWTF

ProtWarWTF

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:25 PM

Back again. I thought it would be a good time to drop all of the hardware I am using. Now that I can claim you can make a working cabinet out of these pieces. First images....

Attached File  IMG_20180603_134354.jpg   103.86KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180622_205440.jpg   100.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20180622_205503_WithHopper.png   2.56MB   0 downloads

Cabinet hardware

Control Stick:

Hopper:

Buttons:

IPac: Hardware button to software input

PacDrive: Led Controller

Arduino: Interface with hopper, Counts signal changes hopper optical coin sensor, Relay to control wall power to hopper.

Coin Acceptor:

#7 frig

frig

• Bronze Supporters
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:40 AM

Cabinet is looking good:)

You might need some 5/12v relays though, for the coin mech and hopper signals (Power to hopper) + (coin throughput) if you are using the Ipac.

Good luck with your project. It will be well worth it when it is finished:)

Edited by frig, 14 August 2019 - 03:41 AM.

#8 prospero

prospero

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:13 AM

Great looking build. 

Hope to see more.

Good luck.

#9 stricterpolicy

stricterpolicy

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

So i was curiously reading along with this thread but cannot find howto fullscreen mfme properly. Is there any kind of tutorial on how to do this ? I would be very thankfull. For example: i'm using mfme version 19.5 with different tables. But i cannot seem to manage to howto fullscreen them. My setup uses a 1920x1080 resolution. Maybe there is a way of trimming the existing layouts ?

Greetings Hans

#10 abispac

abispac

• Regulars
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:46 PM

did you manage to use the arduino with the hopper? i know theres a fruit squeeser topic about it, but its not automatic so its not cab friendly, thanks for any help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users