• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

Hi folks,

I have a problem with the Cashflow 126 coin mech on my cabinet.

I have a problem when I put £1 coins in it. It doesn't always register the coin.

I've checked all the wiring and that's fine.

The strange thing is that the coin mech is directing the coin to the correct hopper.

This isn't an MFME problem as I've monitored this with "notepad" to see whether a "0" is entered when I drop a quid in the machine. The coin mech isn't firing the "Coin F" Output every time that a pound goes in.

There is a technique whereby you 'flick' the coin in and that seems to be more successful than just rolling the coin in.

I wondered if there's some sort of sensor or something that needs cleaning?

But then, would the coin mech still recognise the coin to put it in the right hopper??

Anyone any ideas what could be happening?

Thanks

John :)

#2 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

Under the middle cover there is some sensors.

#3 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Under the middle cover there is some sensors.

What's the safest way of getting under that cover? Can I just lift it out the way (it's spring loaded isn't it?).

Or is there a way to remove it completely?

Would a dirty sensor cause the behaviour I've described do you know? And also (just while I'm on a roll with questions...) what's the best way to clean the sensors? Just a damp cloth etc?

#4 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

The one under it, theres a screw, theres a couple of flap things on the front that you could prise open with screwdriver, thats the lenses, but the sensors are under the cover.

Worth a try.

Cotton bud.

Edited by richy1976, 19 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#5 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

The one under it, theres a screw, theres a couple of flap things on the front that you could prise open with screwdriver, thats the lenses, but the sensors are under the cover.

Worth a try.

Cotton bud.

Okeedokee..... wish me luck.... I'm going in!!!! :)

#6 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

Unfortunately it didn't work. I took the bottom cover off and also lifted that flap thing up. I could see the metal 'shelf' that the coin runs down and the LEDs that I'm presuming somehow detect the type of coin. I thoroughly cleaned it all with cotton buds and also Asda Multi-surface wipes. Put it all back together and tested it.

The first 5 coins registered correctly so I thought I'd cracked it but then it started missing coins again. They are reaching the hopper but not giving me a signal out. :(

I'm wondering if it's on it's way out??

Thanks for all your help though. Much appreciated :)

Edited by uptown47, 19 August 2017 - 01:33 PM.

#7 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Hi Uptown47, try old pound coins. Was playing OXO super reels yesterday at Quicksilver, and the first coin registered, but the other 4 didn't! If I ask the lady for change, she gave me old pounds and they worked fine. But, at that crucial point, I lost all my money! But back to the point. Yeah, try old pounds, might as well use them up if they're no longer legal tender. Just prey you don't win haha.

#8 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to stay away from old pounds as I don't want the hopper filled with currency that is going to be worthless after October. I If I get hold of some though I'll try them just to see if they behave the same as the new pounds.

#9 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Maybe try another mech. This one may be failing.. this does happen.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

You need to check whether there is a pulse from the F output on the mech everytime, it might be that the IPAC is missing it occasionally.

I would have thought the mech is ok as it's accepting the coins.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#11 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

Sounds like the mech isn't the issue here. If it's accepting each coin but there is no output to the pc then it's more likely a problem from the ipac side of things. If there was a faulty wire on output F or the common wire then the mech rejects the coin. Is there anything running constantly in the background of the pc that may stop some of the ipac outputs hitting the pc properly? On my front end that I programmed I had a selection of timers that were constantly running which caused issues with payouts not registering each coin it had paid meaning it would overpay. I had to stop these timers each time the hopper fired. Wondered if it was a similar sort of problem here?

Edited by No1Stoney, 19 August 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#12 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Thanks folks. I did remove the output F and just "blip" it 10 times against the common and 'notepad' picked up every one of them (that was how I tested the wiring) but, you're right that maybe the blip from the coin mech is just too quick?

I've been testing it without MFME or my frontend etc running. Just notepad. 

It's a strange one. I'll do some more investigating when I get chance. It's not causing me a major concern at the moment as it will still accept pounds (albeit every other one!).

If I find something wrong with it I'll post back :)

#13 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

I don't use an IPAC so cannot comment on whether the blip is too quick, but I doubt it. I'm using a cheap keyboard encoder from ebay instead of the ipac and that serves me just perfectly. Unsure what your problem is here but like I have said, think its more likely to be from the IPAC side of things rather than the mech

#14 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

I didn't realise you could get cheaper keyboard encoders. Worth remembering for next time. :)

The strange thing was that last night when I played it worked flawlessly for a good while and then started playing up.

I think you're might be right though. i think it could be a problem with the USB controller in the PC because I noticed that at one point the lights were playing up and unplugged/replugged the pac drives from the PC and it sorted it.

Although it is strange how it doesn't miss a beat on 10p's and just misses occasional pound coins?

Cheers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users