• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 loopy

loopy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Hi all and thanks for having me.

I have a Golden Strike fruit machine was has an MPU5 computer.  It has been in the garage for between 2-3 years and when it was switched on the other day it doesn't work, it seems not to be booting at all;  it worked previously before being stored.  The symptoms are as follows...

• No front end user lights or any displays working or even lighting up.
  • Inside circuit board LEDs are all greed apart from the Status light which is solid red.
  • When I remove the program card the Status light goes off and the Halt light goes on.

I have checked all the fuses on all the circuit boards and within the PSU and they all test ok.

I have checked all wiring and everything looks plugged in, nothing feels loose.  I  have checked the disk battery on the MPU5 and it reads 3.19v on the multimeter.  I saw a battery on the program board, a Varta 2/V150H which after a search is a 2.4v rechargable and it reads 1.23v on the multimeter.  There was a bit of corrosion on one of the positive legs on the 2.4v battery so I have cleaned that up.

Apart from the low voltage on the battery everything else visually looks ok and so I would expect the system to boot and throw an error for low battery?

I likely won't be able to put this back together for another few days and so would like some advice before doing that in case I put it back together, find it still doesn't work and should be doing something else for the symptoms and have to take it apart again.

#2 loopy

loopy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:45 PM

Quick update.  Was able to get it back together and left it running with the issue for an hour or so.  Then rebooted it and it started worked.  I think it's safe to say it was the low battery on the program card.  There is a coin mech issue now though so will search for that.

Edited by loopy, 04 July 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

If there was corrosion on the battery then it will probably leak more in the future.

Now is a good time to take the battery off the program card and replace it with one that's mounted remotely and fly-wired back to the card.

#4 loopy

loopy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

If there was corrosion on the battery then it will probably leak more in the future.

Now is a good time to take the battery off the program card and replace it with one that's mounted remotely and fly-wired back to the card.

Good tip aaamusements.  I will look into that.

In the meantime, any ideas of the Coin Mech 10 error?  I see it means the coin validator is either not being seen or configured and see the following page (http://filetransfer....uk/SR5_des.aspx) where it suggests setting it up by going through X process and then tipping the mech upside down for 5 seconds... I will try that over the next few days when I can get back on it but, is this the answer or is there any experience out there that this could need a different solution?

#5 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

If you have a des machine then yes that will fix it assuming the mechs fine

Edited by renoufchr, 05 July 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#6 loopy

loopy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

If you have a des machine then yes that will fix it assuming the mechs fine

Hi.  That I am not sure of unfortunately.  All I know is it's a Barcrest machine with an MPU5 and it is the Gold Strike game and an SR5 coin mech.  The coin mech has a green light on the back of it when powered on and nothing is jammed as it takes money but falls right back out down the chute and into the tray.  This is about all I know about this.  Any advice or pointers to manuals would be massively appreciated.

#7 loopy

loopy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Quick update, it looks to be cabled back to the MPU5 by the Serial Interface (ccTalk) port... I don't know if that makes any difference?

#8 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

I thought a battery low/dead on the MPU was 12 green and 2 red lights (or the other way round)?

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#9 loopy

loopy

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

I thought a battery low/dead on the MPU was 12 green and 2 red lights (or the other way round)?

I saw in the manuals that the different sequence of flashes tells you what is wrong and there is a sequence for low battery but for whatever reason I don't know, this low battery stopped the whole machine from even booting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users