#1 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Well it's nearly been six months since the great Wizard delivered us a Halloween present and breathed fresh life into fme which we're all extremely grateful for.
Now a few hundred layouts have been produced by new and old creators what is your best layouts so far, do you play the latest dond or is it the sound of partytime jackpots coming around or do you still have a long time favourite from years gone by.

And as I've seen within mfme 5,s downloads there's still a few Tech's that haven't had a layout made for it yet, like impact for instance or scorp1-2 maybe those gaps could get filled in time, any idea's?

My favourites since mfme5 have to be
The Simpsons trilogy, to hear homer and co on the small screen really made my night and we've two out of the three dx'ed (come on Tommy C hows meltdown coming along)

Astra partytime dx/classics, another mile stone in mfme, too play a triple or maybe soon a four player machine seamed an impossible dream but it became reality.

Then there's the impulse, global classics of the late 20th century another iconic tech in fruit machine history, epoch.

So what's yours!!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#2 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

for me its the lo techs.... bar x and the astras....sheer bliss :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#3 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

it was MPU4 VIDEO for me......i had been praying for it to be emulated for years, and i honestly thought id never see it happen......

reno reels, monte carlo or bust, red hot poker.....in my opinion were the best video fruits from the era.........playing them again, my toes were actualy curling with anticaption and excitement.....still does.

and i have to give a special mention to all involved with geting the "ACE COIN" video slot, "SPELLBOUND"  up and running....there is one frutie i though id NEVER see or play again.... brilliant job!

and a big shout to all you layout creators.....with you all putting in the time to do sooooo many new layouts since MFME V5- release, thank you.

and last but by no means last.....mega thanks to WIZARD for giving us MFME V5-.  with out it we`d all be screwed... :)

Edited by shaun2097, 26 April 2017 - 10:24 PM.

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#4 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:07 AM

I've no real favourite layout release and/or tech release TBH, they have been several corking releases looks wise and some interest releases tech wise. I still hanker after seeing machines from the older techs, such as some more spACE machines, Money Mountain, Beau Peep, Crimewatch and Proconn hi-tech machines, in DX form such as Chico The Bandit, plus updates to some layout, like what Tommy did with Cluedo.

I've actually enjoyed the whole general thing and doing stuff in the background, like sorting out my game manager, getting some of the older releases updated in the DIY fixes thread and playing some of the previous releases properly with doors closed or how they were in XP, sound wise.

If I'd used the game manager before, I would say, that the best feature in the new MFME's, was the enhanced version of it, but as I didn't use it before, full screen borderless mode, which particularly, when the layout has no or suitable side art, makes the experience much more immersive.

#5 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

Being able to finally get to play MPU5 Line Up to judge it for myself and to play Sidewinder and Spellbound with sounds after years of mute in MAME. 

#6 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

For me, it's the PAC driver support allowing this...

170329_002.jpg

170329_001.jpg

...and here is a demo video of the it running before before it had the black base attached...

Edited by Reg, 27 April 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#7 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

reg

For me, it's the PAC driver support allowing this...

170329_002.jpg

170329_001.jpg

...and here is a demo video of the it running before before it had the black base attached...

reg where did you get that version of bank roller from cheers 

Posted Image

#8 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

Looks like Pook from dxcellent.com

http://www.dxcellent...nkrollerwdx.htm

#9 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Looks like Pook from dxcellent.com

http://www.dxcellent...nkrollerwdx.htm

thanks wearecity 

Posted Image

#10 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

I must say, all new techs, all the electrocoin ones from Bar X to Pyramid to Labrynth and I think the biggest one had to be finally an accessible way for me to play Epoch machines. Using Amber was a hell of a job as Amber 2 used the mouse. Not a simple ALT F, Load for load game etc. My biggest improvement is the samples are getting there to play at the correct speed. I also like the ability to be able to play DOND's, still see a lot of these in pubs. Most of these are now £100 jackpots. I must credit Wizard, he has helped me with my gambling addiction haha, I have not been in my local for ages now, but I occasionally pop in for a coffee and just a quid in party time. Even this is getting better, last week it was 30P. Lost, and thought no more of it! Improvements I'd like to see are the DOND and other £100 enabled to be done as layouts, and more sound roms, for example, SP.Ace and some impulse sounds to be found. Also, I would like more techs to have an easy facility for me to add sounds to like hoppers emptying and the backing sound. It just feels so much more real this way. The biggest turn for me the other day was thanks to Danno, Black Box now has 3 new machines in this category! Keep up the good work all of you, and I'll be coming on to 200 layouts soon! Also, massive shoutout to Reg and Desert Island Fruits! This site also made my day when it came about. Still don't know how the name came about, maybe DOND desert island deal? Please let me know.

#11 tripodbeatz

tripodbeatz

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

my fave at the mo is red hot poker ,it would be a machine i would avoid ,but getting to play it on fme has opened my eyes to these video cabs ,its such a exciting time for fme at the moment,big thank you to all the classic and layout makers for making it possible you guys are legends :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  

#12 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

Best Moment .... Is WIZARD himself after a long break .. its been great to see him back with better ideas and finally Layout Designers can work on the Mechs that was not available for a very long time ... which means more layouts available ....Especially when you see Noel around :p

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#13 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

The pacdrive support is pretty sweet. Will need to change my ipac to that for sure.... when I get some time! I am also thinking of changing my mfme cab again! Just to something more retro and not a horizon cab.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#14 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Red Hot Poker for me too, a totally legendary game for me, loved it and still do! Thanks to all involved and long may it continue!
poker

#15 flying_giraffe

flying_giraffe

• Regulars
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

for me the forums getting busy again, all the bells and whistles especially dimmed lights that came with v5, the rarer techs being done, and can i say dond?

#16 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Told you vecs rhp was a legend :)

#17 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Well,the fact that wizard has put the life back into the fruit machine again, as having them on my hard drive for a number of years and sort of losing interest,only playing now and again. But now the sounds are sorted am enjoying the fruitees again and little things like F8 the screen shot thing,after i spent days screen shooting on windows then cutting/edit etc,plus i feel the user has more involvement in editmode which i have no clue with how to get roms etc working, but with help/pointers from the layout fixes topic and some pointers from vecs i can learn and understand now the involvement to which the layout designers go to, to make such great layouts for all us to enjoy and get taken back to days of are youth.

Also for giving me a kick up the backside to go and get my fruit chaser glass scanned for dave pook to create a excellent dx of this which again has taken me back to my childhood days

Its just a shame that more people who have these sort of fruit machines for real, would provide hd photos or scans for more great dx releases.

Really interested with the pacdrive support after seen spas fruit machine on youtube ages before i found out it was a member on here and what reg has achieved also with pacdrive just shows the power of the new v5

But its just a shame that a lot of layout designers have left the scene over the years,as there has been some great releases but probably now in need of a revamp (older machines)with the quality of work you layout designers are putting out now and as v5 gets more powerful with updates/tools.

Plus it would be nice for a lot more members to get involved in the scene/forum rather than just download/not comment on topics(sorry off topic)

All in all,would like to thank all layout designers for the work YOU put in. And to Wizard after all without this guy none of this would be possible!!!

Dave

Edited by evo1, 27 April 2017 - 07:11 PM.

#18 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Well Vecs, getting it to work with Windows XP, given up trying it with Windows for Workgroups 3.11 !!!!!!

Attached Files

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#19 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Told you vecs rhp was a legend :)

and i emulated it forever, personally i still don,t get it! maybe due to poker not my thing i'm a more fruity man

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#20 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Basically if it starts giving you 3 or 4 jokers it going to streak soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users