• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

HI

I have sent a few e-mails out to various companies as i am trying to get my fruit machine updated to accept the new £1 when it comes out later this month.

anyways this is the email i sent

Hi

I have a Pac Man Power up fruit machine by Barcrest that i use at home,

Obviously with the new pound coin imminent i am trying to get my coin mech updated to accept the new pound coin

Is this something you would be able to do? or ir not could you reccomend a place locally where i could get this done? (i am in stockton on tees)

The fruit machine is Barcrest pacman power up MPU 6 board and has a sr5e coin mech

Many Thanks for your help

And this is the reply i got from one

Hi, we can reprogram the coin acceptor for you but there is a chance that your machine will reject the new coin sets. We have had other Barcrest machines in the past when we updated them for the new 5p / 10p a few years ago and they just alarm when your turn them on as they don't recognise the new coin set. If you want to try, you can send us you SR5e and we can update it for £45 including return postage back to you. If it does not work we can revert it back for £10 (just to cover postage).

My question is, has anyone managed to update a varcrest machine to accept the new pound coin yet? (i know its not out but i am curious to know if anyone has a coin mech that is ready and fitted and not alarming out?)

Thanks all

Chris

#2 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

Can get it done for less than half that price.
Google swallow amusements.

#3 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

thanks, im not really fussed about the price its more if it can be done at all

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Why people rushing! In theory the old £1 doesn't cease to be legal tender until October so really don't need them re-calibrating till I'd say august maybe September which is when the main holiday season finishes and the rush will have died down by then. Just because the new coin comes out 31sy march doesn't mean you have to do em beforehand
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

because as soon as its introrduced it wont be long before thats all you will get in your change...like now for istant....do you get many old £5 notes in your change? i bet the majoirty of the time its the new ones your getting..Plus i am not really in a rush i am trying to find out if my machine will be able to handle the new coin

#6 duetski

duetski

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

get rid of your sr5e mech they are a pain with barcrest mpu6 ,especially when it come to the new coin set ,and new £1 ,just change it for a cashflow cf9524e and get that updated ,trust me 100% ive had the same problem months ago with out any help really ,only really trying to make more money out of me ,telling me to send a already updated coin mech in to charge me then same problem ,and then point the fingers else where ,so before you spend loads of money ,just change the mech for a cashflow cf9524e and jobs a good one .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users