Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

What would you like to see in a future mfme update?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Erm  lets not.....

why not? I think bringing back the speed control would be a useful feature.... i used to like speeding up some games after a streak, so I could get through the boring "take take mode" it was also useful for some machines which play too slow. I'm not referring to the emulation speed accuracy of the original machine (which is spot on BTW) but that some machines played so slow In the real world...A little nip of speed could transform some games enjoyment....

but I'm sure their must be a reason why it's been removed.......
Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#22 Steveir

Steveir

• Regulars
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

My 3 item suggestions for any future update would be

1) volume control for mps and mpu4
2) hopper payout sounds for later techs
3) be able to play random games only from certain techs. Sometimes id like to keep to older machines, sometimes newer.

Mfme 5.x is certainly getting its usage here, its just a brilliant update on what we had. A lot of hard work gone into it and im hugely grateful to Wizard for bringing it to us.

#23 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

great replies so far i was expecting negative feedback,

One section no ones commented on yet as i stated the design tools could any be added or modified like i said bringing some photoshop or paint elements into the mfme creation side of things could transform the classic layout as we know it, take my oldie layout jumping jack cash the pdx i had to basically "dx" the classic side as in two art's off/on now if we could lighten up the text within mfme we'd only need the one and the boxes that are a main part of classics would effectively disappear due to writing and then lighting the text instead of it held within a static box 

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#24 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

volume control would be nice 

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#25 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

why can't you use the volume control on your pc to make it louder or quieter.

#26 gordon1988

gordon1988

• New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

I know this suggestion might be a bit daft but now SWP can finally be done on MFME I think the next innovation should be horse and greyhound racing using pretend money as a stake

#27 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

I know it'll be hard, but I'd like to see the design mode a little more accessible when it comes to editing keyboard shortcuts, for example, I know some computers don't have a numpad or the ` key, and my numpad is used for screen reading software use to read what's on the screen, so whipeout is non-playable on numpad 1, 3, 4 and 6. I can't yet edit these shortcuts and I know people will be willing to PM me a changed layout, but I'd like to do it. I'd like to see button press sounds and mainly all sounds used on all techs. MPS and SRU are great with these sounds added, adds amazing realism. I do, however, think the button up and button down sounds need to be added for all techs and the stepper sound too.

#28 Steveir

Steveir

• Regulars
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

@ritdav its an issue when your laptop is at 100% volume and mps/mpu4 much quieter than other techs, thats why im suggesting it 😃

Edited by Steveir, 25 January 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Oldish topic I know but thought of a few minor possible updates?
These two are mainly for dx's that have the base of the machine angled perspective outwards!

1. The seven segs we have a slant to the right is it possible to slant them to the left to as instead of say slant 6 you could set it to slant -6 to lean the other way.

2. Is it possible to angle the reel bands slightly, as again when the base of the machine is angled the reel windows are also angled but atm the reel bands are straight, which obviously they are in real life but look odd on an emulation with perspective involved.

Maybe look into Flo lighting gradients on reels such as Bar-X, blue chip etc.

#30 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

You can create a Flo light effect in mfme. It's a little tricky as you need to use an alpha channel so the bitmap is transparent over any other graphics in mfme.

Chris might be able to implement it like just a long rectangle in white with a yellow glow to sit behind the reel cutouts but in front of the reel.

I've created a Flo lamp effect for Lucky Lady DX, it's a little bespoke as it fits each top reel and has an out glow that bleeds into the reel window a little. Taken a while to get it looking OK, not perfect.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#31 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

Number 2 just use the skew tool in photoplop you lazy git :D

Hold the bells mate.

#32 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

I try to get them just straight enough with the left and right reel slightly bending into the centre, straight on can look odd as it looks flat. Be nice to get a 3d look to the reels but imagine it would be a lot of work and also possibly break earlier emulations.

J

#33 unclechicken

unclechicken

Professional Slacker

• Regulars
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

Absolutely anything that makes some more machines available to play. That is all I require.

#34 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

i reckon more flexibility on the zoom controls. For me, i have no desire to see the top or the bottom of a cabinet. Sure its part of the machine and makes for the best reproduction possible, but some machines, even on my 4k ultrawide i find some text still too small. 

the ability to completely zoom and crop out unwanted would be great. 

* much respect to all DX creators who spend countless hours doing full cabinet DX machines. 

#35 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

4k display is 2160 pixels deep, that should be plenty for legible text, it's heavily reliant on the quality of the initial artwork created and the base artwork needs to have been created at this size, scaling the artwork to the 4k dimensions in mfme will affect the quality of the text for sure.

Having a 1080p screen in portrait mode is just pretty close to a 4k landscape screen.

J

#36 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

A Christmas release is what I'd like!!!!  Like the good old days.

:)

NQ.

#37 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

POPULAR

I'm sure that can be arranged :)

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#38 Josherino

Josherino

• Regulars
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

Speed option to make machine run faster/slower

#39 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Small question regarding Mfme Updates,

Will there ever become a time in the distant future where Mfme is complete and there won,t be anymore updates.

As in All techs where technically possible will become emulated

Layout Tools completely customized

Or will there be updates forever or as long as (you) Wizard keep updating/ working with it?

If so what would Fme be like in say 10 or 20yrs?

will it become virtual reality, voice recognition etc.

#40 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:13 AM

A new mfme that will run scorpion 6 with some order £100 jps first release Christmas day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users