MFME 5 sound

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 reddevil25

reddevil25

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

Some of the machines I have tried the sound is very low is there a way to increase the sound if so how?

thankyou

#2 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

It depends on the technology of the machines you are trying to play. Some require you to open doors, some require you to press the refill button or other combinations.

If you go to the release threads of the machines, you might find the info contained in the threads themselves.

Or post up here, which machines you're having problems with and I'm sure someone will post up, what you need to do.

Everyone else, maybe we could have some sort of sticky or FAQ for this, the ip config and the direct x sound issues for instance, I'm sure they are definitely going to be FAQs over the years I'm sure.

#3 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

Some of the machines (Like in real ones), you can sort volume issues via the refill key option (MPU5's can be done this way certainly), or via the test menu (Main service door open, hit test, scroll through to sounds)..

Edited by stanmarsh14, 10 December 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#4 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Betcom Bank Job I am having issues with volume, DOND original is coming out of 1 speaker on my laptop and earphones! All other sounds are OK. Synthesized sounds are great unlike in MFME 1.0 to 3.2. Sample wise, I cannot save partytime or any Astra game. Why?

#5 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

Output from only one speaker is because the config is set to Stereo yet the machine is actually mono. Astra sounds are played "on the fly", so they are not available in the sample player, I might try and get them saved in the update, like Epoch does.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#6 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

Not sure how Bank Job lost it's volume.

Either way both layouts have been updated.

#7 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Wizard, so how do I sort out Bank Job's volume? at the moment it's like I'm sat in a bar and the sound has been turned to about 50 percent of the rest of my sounds and speech software. Personally I preferred the old interface where the MFME volume control turned itself down and I could turn the volume up to the same as my soundcard. It's easier than opening doors and waiting all the time and randomly pressing keys and buggering up the machines.

#8 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:27 PM

Thanks Wizard, so how do I sort out Bank Job's volume? at the moment it's like I'm sat in a bar and the sound has been turned to about 50 percent of the rest of my sounds and speech software. Personally I preferred the old interface where the MFME volume control turned itself down and I could turn the volume up to the same as my soundcard. It's easier than opening doors and waiting all the time and randomly pressing keys and buggering up the machines.

It called emulation, which means it should emulate the source as close as possible. 

99.9% of machines I've played in 30 plus years, have been set at very low or low in pubs/arcades etc.... You can still turn up MFME sound via the volume slider by the clock. You can keep it independent from other sounds.

Personally, I've not had to touch the volume on any emulated machine, I've played since V5 release. I've been able to play them all at a decent volume either from download, or simply upping the volume in the volume slider by the clock.

#9 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

OK Warecity, will try that. Yeah, I know emulation means keeping to the originals, and yes, I realize in pubs they need to keep the machines low. To Matty.N, what's the keyboard shortcut you press for changing the stake for bank job? keep getting £1 game, quite annoying.

#10 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

When v5 was released i think machines ram was cleared affecting volume settings on some machines.

#11 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

No it wasn't, it was just that a lot of machines had their volume set to 0, mostly S2s

RAM will never be cleared unless a setting was changed or the game file was renamed.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#12 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

that's true. I think pook said he had to redo some s2's due to this issue, I remember a lot of them had sound problems. Dxcellent is great now what with his new V5 machine releases, and what with Christmas coming and a few good machines on the way, 2017 will be going off with a bang in MFME land and it will be alive and kicking once again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users