2 replies to this topic

#1 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Just a polite request and I do not know the figures of what has and has not been leeched in the last ten days but it will be quite a lot I'd imagine.

For all those uploading layouts can you try and keep to a minimum of what you actually include.  People are uploading layouts with basically three times the size of files they need, there is no need to include the layout back up or if you are releasing re-hash layouts the old .dat file. (If you do this again Vecs I'm going to ban ya arse...) ;) I downloaded a layout the other day and it was over 10 mb, which of course is not a huge amount but it all mounts up.

.gam file

.fml file

roms

text file/picture is all that is really needed.  

Just try and think of the bandwidth folks.... cheers..

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

Yep sorry about that , forgot we don't need dat.files in mfme must delete in future.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

Just a polite request and I do not know the figures of what has and has not been leeched in the last ten days but it will be quite a lot I'd imagine.

For all those uploading layouts can you try and keep to a minimum of what you actually include.  People are uploading layouts with basically three times the size of files they need, there is no need to include the layout back up or if you are releasing re-hash layouts the old .dat file. (If you do this again Vecs I'm going to ban ya arse...) ;) I downloaded a layout the other day and it was over 10 mb, which of course is not a huge amount but it all mounts up.

.gam file

.fml file

roms

text file/picture is all that is really needed.  

Just try and think of the bandwidth folks.... cheers..

The .db file is also needed to make effective use of the Game Manager.  This a designer should really create themselves from within the Game Manager using Add / Edit Notes.

Game_Manager.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users