107 replies to this topic

#41 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

Well apparently it's MAME issues which are BSD-3-licenced or whatever the chuff that means... seems Yank to me.  

​Just for the slow ones like me I thought MAME did away (layman terms) with all the licencing malarkey and it was basically do what you like.  However if not who actually owns MAME to enforce any infringements?

#42 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

of course you could own every single machine ever made but thats just silly lol you'd need a big f'off warehouse 

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#43 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:19 PM

Well apparently it's MAME issues which are BSD-3-licenced or whatever the chuff that means... seems Yank to me.  

​Just for the slow ones like me I thought MAME did away (layman terms) with all the licencing malarkey and it was basically do what you like.  However if not who actually owns MAME to enforce any infringements?

It's a very good question. Who has the right to sue if software which is released under a license allowing it to be generally used by anyone, other than commercial usage, is infringed??

#44 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Not so much open source, but making 90% of their files come under the BSD-3-Licence ( including the ones I use ) which basically means free to use/modify providing credit is given: BSD-3-Clause License

Erm... here is the new MFME, credit goes to the MAME team for their help with regards to X Y and Z... job done. 1.gif  

^^^^ is what I wrote.  Still not seeing an issue here if it's just a case of saying 'thanks' or giving 'credit.'

#45 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

Erm... here is the new MFME, credit goes to the MAME team for their help with regards to X Y and Z... job done. 1.gif  

^^^^ is what I wrote.  Still not seeing an issue here if it's just a case of saying 'thanks' or giving 'credit.'

I had to reiterate it because there was a random post in between, and I thought I might have missed something, or possible had a stroke.

#46 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

Well apparently all is good now... just to play the waiting game.

#47 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

Looking extremely promising now.  An actual official new release of MFME.  

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#48 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:07 AM

We kind of know what to expect from mfme, it should feel somewhat familiar with just a lot more under the hood. With positive refinements to the editing tools.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#49 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

We kind of know what to expect from mfme, it should feel somewhat familiar with just a lot more under the hood. With positive refinements to the editing tools.

I just hope it brings some more layout creators out of the woodwork... well some not 'ALL' ;)

Wonder if you can batch convert the layouts from .dat to the new system.  Just thinking out loud here for the datafiles.  Although the gam files would need altering manually to look for 'Andy_Capp.new as opposed to Andy_Capp.dat'  nah bugger that not changing all of them manually lol.

#50 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:24 AM

You need someone with an OCD to do it, like me :)

#51 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

Fixed synth sounds for anything above Windows XP is what I'm looking forward to - drives me mad how f***ed up it is on Win 7 and above.

#52 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

Resizing is a bonus for me, it means I can finally play all them ploggy 1600's without the need to move reels etc and all new layout's won't need 1024,1280 or 1600 just a plain and simple machine name and layout type,
I.e Maygays Duff beer guide WDx
Assuming epoch's on there as it was on the "video"
Maybe I should change my Sig now!!

#53 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:34 AM

As Vectra said, being able to re-size every layout like in MFME 3.1 / 3.2 is a massive bonus, will be incredible if this is included! I only use MFME 3.1 / 3.2 because of this reason.  To be able to play all the layouts ever done, plus new layouts, in one MFME will be amazing!

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#54 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Major developments in the new mfme v5 a shit load of new Tech's being developed, from oldie Tech's through to astra pluto5 and electrocion to scorp5/adder5 if all goes well it'll certainly revitalise this community we ALL love.
I can see great times ahead

#55 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

I'm pleased I sourced those 1000s of rom sets now.... :)

#56 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

One things for sure, I've never seen the scene on here and the Mecca look so alive and buzzed up,
I suppose this is what it was like in the old days long may it continue and developed,
so if there's any new creators wanting a dabble here's you chance to shine or if any bodies got resource's/artwork flyers photos etc of machine's for the up and coming Tech's please please post em up.

#57 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

One things for sure, I've never seen the scene on here and the Mecca look so alive and buzzed up,
I suppose this is what it was like in the old days long may it continue and developed,
so if there's any new creators wanting a dabble here's you chance to shine or if any bodies got resource's/artwork flyers photos etc of machine's for the up and coming Tech's please please post em up.

They were good day's....and yes it did happen....shame it don't anymore!

I totally disagree with 'post 'em up though'.....why is that so they can be used?

I say contact a designer and i'll teach you to make a layout with your resources if you want to learn....then if not then add them.

Numerous times I've got resources and shared, I've had original resources and taught with too......

As YOU said.............

"I suppose this is what it was like in the old days long may it continue and develop"

Have you ever passed anything to anyone you have resourced and not used....?

That was the good old day's

#58 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

Answer, yes I have! I also help others with the cleaning of flyers and straightening artwork, stitching together photos as in the video poker machine, red hot poker! Uploading photos found from the net, uploaded various ROMs I've come across, playtested various layouts!
But I'm not the one I'm discussing right now we need new creators as well as old to move the scene forward.
Yes new creators would be better learning the knowledge of the masters like yourself and other old hands, I too was taught the basics by Ross's dx video.
These days members tend to send me various artworks and photo's to make layout's maybe due to I'm the only one (except a couple) atm actually making wdxs of course this will hopefully change in the near future
Anyways I'm not here to argue those days are long gone for me, I'm here to enjoy the ride and contribute any way I can!

Edited by vectra666, 14 September 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#59 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

I'm sure plenty people will start making layouts again.  There are literally 100s of unused ROM sets out there and I presume plenty of artwork too.  Wizard seems to say the tools are basically the same but with improvements so I'm sure once the emulator is (if) released then all will be well.

#60 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

Yes new creators would be better learning the knowledge of the masters like yourself and other old hands, I too was taught the basics by Ross's dx video.

I'm NO WAY a master fella, but I have found and passed resources (unlike some ;) )and help-out too.

Cough, you NAME DROP yet again..........I think you have a very short memory.....

A) Others that  assisted you

B) You said that Guitar was the 'best for the future of FME'

C) Two day's ago your direction totally altered.

D) Name a SINGLE workable resource you provided (especially without you getting off of your arse) and not used First!

E) Anything you have given the scene without scoring your (cough) glory...

Wiz is the One to suck arse to now ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users