token machines still around!!??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 peter1230

peter1230

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

Thought i'd post this just to see if anyone can answer this one i recently went into an arcade near to where i live and discovered several machines which are paying jacpkots out still in tokens! i was under the impression this was stopped in the mid 90's the machines in question were monopoly 60 £8 jackpot,several bar x's with £4.80 jackpot and one i can't remember with a large wheel in the middle cards for high and lo £8 jackpot as well.Did quite well though got mayfair feature to repeat and the other one repeated as well needless to say there were not enough tokens in either to pay out anyone got any views? The arcade is in burnham on sea if anyone else also lives near it.

#2 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

hello

yes token machines can still be found and are still catered for but to be honest there cant be very many left.

baz

#3 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:12 PM

Yes Peter, there are still token machines in Burnham. The arcade you mentioned is Sunspot Amusements and has a £8 token Monopoly 60 and Big Banker, and a few Bar X/Big 7's on £4.80, like you rightly say. You should have been able to exchange the tokens for Somerfield vouchers (there's a store just down the road). Failing that, $&%# them through a Bar X and hope you get most of your money back...

Down the road in Weston-super-Mare are some more token machines. Golden Gate has a Red Hot Roll £8, Monte Carlo or Bust £8 and some £8 token Bar X's. The arcade next door (Olympia) has loads of assorted Electrocoins on token payouts ranging from £4 to £8 and are popular because you can change your tokens for M&S or Woolworths vouchers, or even cigarettes! They also have a Frankenstein, Cops and Robbers, Pink Panther and Andy Capp on £6 tokens. Ah, the memories....
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#4 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

I have here in my dining room a £4.80 Token JP 20p play 'Jackpot 7's' by Project. It can be 'manipulated' to pay out from the 20p chute with a wire link (which was how I recieved it) but it wouldn't be the same without the tokens. Theres about £50 worth of 20p tokens in it. I started with none and had to win them all myself playing machines in arcades with token jackpots. Took about £30 to do then I realised I could have picked them up for next to nothing if I talked to the right people.

My machine without tokens?...... it just wouldn't be right.
Posted Image

#5 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

I've still got around £20 worth of tokens which I used to use in my Bank Note by ACE. Most of them are Eurocoin (with the two slots across them)...but there's also JPM and Bell Fruit ones....On closer inspection, there's a hell of a lot of different types. No machines around here that take tokens anymore to get rid of them.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#6 Guest_Oldskooler_*

Guest_Oldskooler_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:16 AM

Hmmnn first post here, and I have 2 clear bags of tokens, 10p/20psupatoken, usual makes, and few rare ones by summit coin, alca, and the usual shite Quicksilver/RAL ones. I do look for machines that pay out in tokens, although I got burnt by a (ahem) Red Hot Roll at Trasure Island in Blackpool. after thoring in 45 quid, for a 8JP machine..and the tubes where full on the first coin, I relaised that I would never break even. eventually got 4 JP's out, and patiently put in half to get 17 quid back.

Ahh if there was only an arcade that had all cash 4.80 machines from the 80's..

Oldskooler

#7 kingkallum82

kingkallum82

SUPER CHARGED!

• Regulars
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

i couldnt stand red hot roll because of events with them in places like blackpool, but i went to the bingo near me the other day and they had some new machines linked up to a showtime, 2 of them being red hot roll. i plotted around for a while and made bout £40-£50 mostly on the party games. i couldnt see anything worth playing at all then i seen a red hot roll. i just thought i might as well have a go. within the 1st 5er i got a jp (25) which didnt hold which they never usually do, i carried on playing it for another 10er hoping for a little more when i got a £4 win (trebble bars) and it went up onto the showtime feature which brought £21 or summut daft like that then another £3 later i got the red hot roll Wild. dropped the jp twice then give 5 lots of blue 7s £5 a chuck. Anyways i ended up playin a $hitty super streak and got rinced but never mind eh ill live to fight another day :D .

Sorry for hi-jackin the thread lol

Kallum
:::MAD FOR IT:::

#8 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

I used to love having a pocket full of tokens. Would rather them than £25ers.

There's a few arcades in Yarmouth that still use them, a few project coin machines and a load of Impact and a few Mpu4s too.

#9 yorkie07808

yorkie07808

ReMember

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

Here in london theres an arcade called the palace along the seven sisters road.
What they used to do up till last year was every monday if you brought in 5 losing lottery tickets they would give you £5 in tokens as they still have quite a few token machines including the usual bar x £6 jp and big 7's £4 jp.

Now what they do is hand you a membership card and on tuesdays when you hand your card over the counter they hand you £10 tokens. I would usually go on the bar x for the pound coins they also have cashino £6 tokens cops & robbers, and a few others. Another thing they do is about 4 times a day they come round with a bag with those kinder egg things where the toy was in and in side would be a slip of paper with prizes ranging from £1 tokens up to £10 tokens plus a "golden egg" which would contain prizes from £5 cash to £100 cash.

They must be losing a fortune still i dont complain when i walk out with between £20 to £30 in cash from £10 tokens

#10 Chovi

Chovi

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

The arcade i work in has atleast 20 Token machines... Stupid scousers usually come upto me and say, 'Eh mate, can you changee theeese.' 'No.' 'Fu**in' Hell, mate.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users