229 replies to this topic

#21 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

Didn't we have a load of ROMs for epoch when killcrazy wanted them, I take it we still have all those somewhere??

i have quite a few Epoch & Eclipse roms.

The only issue with Epoch is there seems to be very few sound roms available, this is probably because (like other similar techs) the sound roms were left in the boards and were never removed for an update like the data roms were.

I can only assume Eclipse software (data files) have the sound built in as they are Flash Card Files.

#22 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

Didn't cliffs old repo site not have some good quality pics of early epoch machines

Possibly. Unfortunately Cliff seems to have pretty much vanished off the face of the earth...

#23 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

The seller is: bg05enm  Lives in Stafford.

Well I can pick that one up and strip it down etc etc if needs be.

#24 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

Well I can pick her up and strip her down etc etc if needs be.

You dorty bugger.

:)

NQ.

#25 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

Possibly. Unfortunately Cliff seems to have pretty much vanished off the face of the earth...

a solution will be here soon . . . .

#26 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

http://epochfme.webs.com/

this link takes you to a list killcrazy made.

Do you (guitar) have these roms .If not someone must have them.

Seems enough to be getting on with without having to buy resources for the moment.

I googled one random one on the list and its around so i am sure someone would be able to get them to you.

Didn't count them exactly but well over 50 potential layouts there.

Edited by ritdav, 15 May 2016 - 01:55 AM.

#27 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

I have plenty of ROMs, but it's good quality artwork we are really lacking (and sound ROMs to a lesser extent).

These Epoch's are proving to have almost no longivity, they are disappearing fast.

But it's the classic games I would like artwork for too. Games like Andy Capp, Las Vegas 6, Monopoly, Pink Panther, Cops & Robbers.

I have a sony Z3 Compact phone, not exactly the latest and greatest in terms of mobiles, but even that has a 1920 * 1080 screen on it.

4k is getting more and more prevelant, and we have so little artwork that could be used for 4k games.

My favorite machines are on Impact, and I have 7 machine I have collected so I can get proper artwork for layouts.

I'd really like to build an Amber Cab using a couple of 4k screens, and video buttons. But if I did, there would be so few layouts that would look decent at that size and resolution.

Pixel density has improved dramatically in TV's, Monitors, Mobiles. 1280 * 1024 layouts are old now.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort that has gone in to all the layouts we already have, and I've had a lot of fun with 1280 DX's over the years, but its 20 years since MPU34 came out. It won't be long before we see 4k mobile phones.

It's not just Epoch, it's all techs. If I emulated Red Gaming, how many resources have we got, if I emulated Astra how many resources have we got, etc.

We need to gather resources whilst they are there, they wont be there forever.

Dave P has always been kind to me in letting me photo his machines in his arcade but I haven't been able to get down there in a few years. Someone else must live close by, in the first instance he has around 100 machines that could be done, and some like Omega, or Screen Play have never been done in a DX. (Again Screen Play, if I emulated it tomorrow, I bet we don't have hi quality art). We really need a System85 machine, We have a flyer for 1 machine and it's not a brilliant flyer either.

I'm up for putting the effort in to emulating all these techs eventually, but if there's no decent layouts can come out of it why bother?

I understand that people want to see a release first, and I get that, I really do. But of resources had been gathered when I started this project, these Epoch's were EVERYWHERE, getting missing ROMs and art would've been a doddle. Now it's going to take a lot more waiting and money. The good news is that broken machines tend to go cheap, but they also hit the scrap pile much quicker.

I'm happy to contribute some hard cash to the cause now and again, but I do not want to organise this project. I have enough on my plate for now.

I would suggest someone like AAAmusements, as I assume from his name that he has a gaming license and so can sell on machines when we are done without extra permit requirements, though that is up to him if he wants to be involved.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#28 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

Very true about these resources guitar, been saying the exact same for a while, even donds n partytimes will disappear eventually. In fact I'll get my camera phone out this after noon and try to photograph my machine.
Again this sites download sections, the galleries can sections be made for the newer Tech's OK I know there's bellfruit but they could be split into sub categories I.e scorp1,2,4,5 etc same goes for barcrest mpu3,4,5 and eventually mpu6 which will make it easier to place the relevant arts into their correct sub sections! Also need a section for reflex and the newer manufactures as atm there's no sections made. I will continue to search the net for more images and hopefully we'll have the relevant sections to place them in.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#29 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

Not every layout has to be a DX. 

Many early MFMF layouts were of a classic design until resources became available to produce Dx's.

A classic layout is still as playable as a DX although it may not be as pleasing to the eye.

Again, i have many Red, Astra, Sc4, Electrocoin roms, along with many others i have gathered over recent years, mainly from program cards and from some manufacturers before they became ultra sensitive with dealing with Joe Public.

Anything i come across that is a currently emulatable tech get upped on the Mecca as i get around to dumping them, as some of you know.

I also have quite a few Red Gaming info docs with pictures of machines although i fear they may be too low resolution to make a Hi Res Dx layout.

Example Red Flyer...

Attached File  Piggy%20Bank.pdf   151.11KB   19 downloads

#30 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

Just looking through fleabay and there's a fair few machines of the various Tech's mentioned including 'red gaming' the images are fairly good quality , obviously we want the machine's in a off state. If I see any good images shall I upload them to the various categories in the gallery section or would it be better to start my on file in members photos tonkeep em all in??. Even if some are slightly below par, or switched on images they could be used for classic layout purposes or dx lighting up stages.
If so what year do we need to go from and upto??

Edited by vectra666, 15 May 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#31 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

i will see what i can do for a trip to reel fruits in the next 6-8 weeks as my camera can take some decent pictures

as i know hes got a couple of unknown bits but i wont ask him till after hes done his new section for the arcade as hes been struggling lately as it is as i know things have nearly bang complety 

Edited by banditboy2006, 15 May 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#32 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

as i find stuff for dave all the time as i found him a mega mega rare mpu 4 bwb machine a few weeks ago  :elvis:

#33 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

as i find stuff for dave all the time as i found him a mega mega rare mpu 4 bwb machine a few weeks ago  :elvis:

Well if you speak to him soon, tell him i have emailed him regarding  rare project coin machine for sale.

if he doesn't act soon it will be gone.

#34 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Another global epcoh machine here

http://www.ebay.co.u...y4AAOSwBs1XMf8k

Hold the bells mate.

#35 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:32 PM

Another,think this is eclipse,no flash card,but glasses look mint.

http://www.ebay.co.u...TwAAOSwKfVXKI04

Hold the bells mate.

#36 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

Bucks bunny,another eclipse i think,60 quid start.

http://www.ebay.co.u...kMAAOSwLs5XKlNW

Hold the bells mate.

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

that club force looks a cool game with the multi coloured lamps, I've started a file within members galleries (under vec's ebay..... ) ok the photo's uploaded so far ain,t top drawer but even if classic layouts can be produced using them for layout positions it's a start. I'll carry on searching and adding to my file as I go.

#38 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:28 PM

Impluls double impact £25 bin

http://www.ebay.co.u...w4AAOSw9ZdXK2J~

Hold the bells mate.

#39 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

cheers for the linkies, slightly off toic but what does error 41 or payout error 4.1 mean on a astra lo tech machine???

Edited by vectra666, 15 May 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#40 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

Error 4.1 on Astra's is a Hopper Status error.  List of Astra error codes attached.  Came from a manual for Double Cash.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users