• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#101 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:05 AM

The speed on that looks spot-on!

Some good games were made on this tech.  Screamin' Demon (Extreme), Beer Guide and Sir Winalot (both Maygay) were my personal favourites, although I may have forgotten others.

I wonder how many layouts of Homer's Meltdown we're going to see on release day? ;)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#102 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:51 AM

All I want to say is I'm grateful for all the time and effort that's been put into this.

At some point it will deffo revive a lacklustre scene, but..... I neither need or expect anything.  

Whatever happens, happens, and I will remain grateful for it, should I decide to try Amber again, but it does sometimes come across that (and yes I know people are excited) as the reality grows nearer, some people are already jumping on the 'want, want, want bandwagon.

Yes in a way it's understandable, but surely it's better to just wait for Guitar to sort things in his own time.  He's got further than most, and made great strides of late, so surely it's better to have ONE complete and working tech before moving on to another?

Just my thoughts on the subject  :)

#103 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:49 AM

OK, I have read the most recent posts. Thanks to Dialtone for the Epee emu, and guitar for finishing it off. Great to hear Simpsons sounds running through an emu, speed sounds spot on! And a £5 jackpot to boot! When will we be hearing meltdown sounds? Hopefully, thanks to DT and Guitar, very soon ...

#104 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

Guitar is posting these tantalising videos of epoch running, Guitar fully expects people to get excited and really if fme members can't get excited about epoch then you may as well shut up shop.   The killjoys will tell you that too much too soon with spoil the longevity but I totally disagree.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#105 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

The killjoys will tell you that too much too soon with spoil the longevity but I totally disagree.

There's still plenty to come. The initial release will be Epoch, Impact, & MPU4.

Techs still to do after that... (no particular order)

MPU5

Scorp 4

Scorp 5

Proconn Plus

Proconn PC90

Proconn PC92

Castle (2 versions)

Unidesa

Astra IO

MMM

SRU

M1

MPU3

Scorp 1

Scorp 2

System 83

System 85

spACE

Ace System 1

M1 Video

MPU4 Video

Impact Video

Bar-X Mk1

Bar-X Mk2

Famous Games

MPU 3

System 80

MPS 1

MPS 2

Eclipse

So I don't think too much too soon is a problem.

Edited by Guitar, 27 April 2016 - 06:51 PM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#106 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

what no Mpu6 or pluto tut tut not good enough lol!!

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#107 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

I have all I need for Bar-X mk1+2 when the time comes, I am still wary of emulating electrocoin.

But I have my hands full with epoch atm, then getting the editor finished, then integrating MPU4. And that gets us to release 1.

Beyond that MPU4 Video and Castle are next up. In that order.

And beyond that we'll see how the landscape looks when we get there. (Proconn is a tech I'd like to do the full Guitar makeover on)

Castle.....Tensation, Revolution,....oh the joys!  Sounds incredible,  You really know how to play the guitar :spinny:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#108 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

Castle.....Tensation, Revolution,....oh the joys!  Sounds incredible,  You really know how to play the guitar :spinny:

It helps that I actually own Revolution!

#109 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

It helps that I actually own Revolution!

Turn over all 5 cards correctly to win £4.00. Pick a pound :biglaugh: That machine was amazing tech for it's time.  Nice sounds too.  Is your machine still running Guitar?

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#110 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

Is your machine still running Guitar?

Unfortunately not. When I bought it it was battery damaged (as expected), I sent the board away to TTX @ the mecca, who is probably the most knowledgable person in the uk when it comes to Castle (save for DJP who designed it). He got he board running, soak tested it and sent it back to me, I used it for around a week before I put it back in storage for a while (no battery on it). When I came to use it again, it tries to boot up but it doesn't, I suspect the RAM is faulty or the board has another break somewhere. I bought it with the sole intention of emulating it, I had money at the time and I spent a silly amount to buy it, knowing it could be the last one for sale in a long time, to this day i haven't seen another on Ebay.

#111 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:05 PM

All I want to say is I'm grateful for all the time and effort that's been put into this.

At some point it will deffo revive a lacklustre scene, but..... I neither need or expect anything.  

Whatever happens, happens, and I will remain grateful for it, should I decide to try Amber again, but it does sometimes come across that (and yes I know people are excited) as the reality grows nearer, some people are already jumping on the 'want, want, want bandwagon.

Yes in a way it's understandable, but surely it's better to just wait for Guitar to sort things in his own time.  He's got further than most, and made great strides of late, so surely it's better to have ONE complete and working tech before moving on to another?

Just my thoughts on the subject  :)

As I said earlier in the thread too.

I agree 101% Chas.

#112 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

Which tech did BGT machines use?  Was it Unidesa?

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#113 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:33 PM

Which tech did BGT machines use?  Was it Unidesa?

Indeed it was, will be a fun one to emulate, I might have a go at a dynamic recompiler for it. It uses an Intel 80C188XL cpu. The brother of which (80C186XL) went on to become the 286, 386, 486, 586 (Pentium) series of desktop PC cpu's. And it's clocked at 40Mhz too! Epoch is only 16MHz, so it'll be a beast of a board. But as it shares it's origins with standard desktop CPU's it should be ripe for a dynamic recompiler type emulation (much faster than usual).

Looking through the web, it looks like they did some video based machines using the same board too.

Edited by Guitar, 28 April 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#114 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Max-a-million was a great game. Until they upgraded it to £25 jackpot, flash the cash harry was another good slot with good sounds.
Hold the bells mate.

#115 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

Well... I am very happy to see Epoch and Impact are on the inaugural release, furthermore would be made up IF we had the next scorps' and MPU5 :D I really really can't wait to see the likes of YABBA DABBA DARTS and DOCTORS & NURSES to be played here... But the pace seems brilliant and I am very excited to see the releases list flood full of epoch favorites (Cash Gordon, London Underground, Simpsons saga, Italian Job sagas, Beaver las Vegas) to name a few... :D 

Guitar and Dialtone and everybody else testing, helping out behind the scenes, I take my hat off to you!

Connor55 ;)

#116 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:11 AM

Epoch releases will make a change from my crap flooding the release sections lol. And it will see a welcomed return of the dx masters to fme, that's not to say I hope to master amber's layout tools and one day I may produce a MEGA layout or two for Amber hopefully!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#117 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

Go Vex, I'm sure I'll see a 1024 DX of Meltdown or Simpsons hitting my screen soon! I just hope I can play these masterpieces because Amber screws up my accessible technology and ... blue screen of doom? Aaaaaaaa! MFME's more accessible. Y'know, alt F, load game... the dialog box comes up, select the .gam file and boom! Machine alarms, you're in, playing with keyboard shortcuts. Amber seems to screw up any computer as it can't read the orange screen and I don't know where to click. I have the same problem with image captchas. Annoying! Sorry guys, but I just thought you aught to know, just my Aspergers syndrome kicking in again. By the way, Sarah likes the Simpsons test 3 vis/mp3. She can't wait until test date either! All hale Great Yarmouth! Bud! Wise! Err! Coors!

#118 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

The orange screen won't be there this time.

What is the issue you have? Why do you need accessibility tech? You can pm me if you like, and i'll see what I can do for you. No promises, but i'll try.

#119 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

Go Vex, I'm sure I'll see a 1024 DX of Meltdown or Simpsons hitting my screen soon! I just hope I can play these masterpieces because Amber screws up my accessible technology and ... blue screen of doom? Aaaaaaaa! MFME's more accessible. Y'know, alt F, load game... the dialog box comes up, select the .gam file and boom! Machine alarms, you're in, playing with keyboard shortcuts. Amber seems to screw up any computer as it can't read the orange screen and I don't know where to click. I have the same problem with image captchas. Annoying! Sorry guys, but I just thought you aught to know, just my Aspergers syndrome kicking in again. By the way, Sarah likes the Simpsons test 3 vis/mp3. She can't wait until test date either! All hale Great Yarmouth! Bud! Wise! Err! Coors!

im visiting every arcade from hunstanton and down to cromer sherringham, sea palling, hemsby, california, gt yarmouth, gorelston and hopton.  

which arcade are these machines?  probably my customer. sounds like the silver slipper 

Epoch releases will make a change from my crap flooding the release sections lol. And it will see a welcomed return of the dx masters to fme, that's not to say I hope to master amber's layout tools and one day I may produce a MEGA layout or two for Amber hopefully!!

sadly ive never booted up any of your releases as 1024 is just too small for me.

the scaling within amber may just change that!

There's still plenty to come. The initial release will be Epoch, Impact, & MPU4.

Techs still to do after that... (no particular order)

MPU5

Scorp 4

Scorp 5

Proconn Plus

Proconn PC90

Proconn PC92

Castle (2 versions)

Unidesa

Astra IO

MMM

SRU

M1

MPU3

Scorp 1

Scorp 2

System 83

System 85

spACE

Ace System 1

M1 Video

MPU4 Video

Impact Video

Bar-X Mk1

Bar-X Mk2

Famous Games

MPU 3

System 80

MPS 1

MPS 2

Eclipse

So I don't think too much too soon is a problem.

christ, didnt realise there were so many techs out there!

#120 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

to Guitar, I did PM you. Basically the accessible tech on my lappy reads out what's on screen, I have this already. To Nails, Homer's Meltdown is located where there is a burger king, McDonnalds and Pizza Hut all in 1, then you go into the arcade. It is locaed actually inside where the restaurants are. I stayed in a place near there in GT. Yarmouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users