• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hi all

I might have an issue with my barcrest pacman power up fruit machine.

I have a feeling it's paying out more than it should but can't find out how to check and change this.

However and I might be wrong here but I thought another reason it might be paying out to much is the internal battery not working and not keeping track of what it's payed out.

Again I might be wrong here but I thought a good way to test this was to say put some money in and turn it off and leave it for a while turn it back on and the money should still be there to play. I did this a few weeks ago but only left it for an hour and the money was still there, but last night I decided to leave 25p in and turn it off over night and this morning when I switched it on the 25p briefly appeared but then went and the machine showed no money left in it to play.

Like I say I'm guessing this is a proper test and wondered if this means my internal battery has gone.?

Thanks for any help

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

Yes, it's either dead battery or it's hardly keeping any charge. This would indeed lead to over-happy payouts.

If the battery is old and dead then there is an increased chance that it will, or has been leaking. This can damage the board and should be checked ASAP.

#3 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for your reply how do I check the battery has leaked? And if worse case scenario it's leaked all over the board how much would it cost for a new board?

#4 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for your reply how do I check the battery has leaked? And if worse case scenario it's leaked all over the board how much would it cost for a new board?

Need to work out what tech it is first, unless someone on here knows.

Can you take a photo of the main MPU board?

#5 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

I'll try.. I'm really clueless when it comes to this, where would this be? I'm just about to pop out I'll take some photos of inside the machine when I come back.

Again thanks for your help appreciate it

#6 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

I'll try.. I'm really clueless when it comes to this, where would this be? I'm just about to pop out I'll take some photos of inside the machine when I come back.

Again thanks for your help appreciate it

It's usually the big circuit board in the plastic case in the back of the cabinet, if it's Barcrest.

#7 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

Do you mean this? If so how would I get it off?

Attached Files

Edited by chris_newton, 03 January 2016 - 10:59 AM.

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

Do you mean this? If so how would I get it off?

Right, that's MPU6...

I know very little about this tech, it's too modern. Good news is that it won't have a leaky battery...

#9 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Why would it not be leaky battery?

#10 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

Why would it not be leaky battery?

They didn't have a leaky battery fitted. The last Barcrest tech to use the leaky green alkaline "Varta" batteries was MPU5 (and that was only in the programme card cartridge, not on the main board).

Barcrest learned the lesson of the problem of the leaky MPU battery and didn't use it on the MPU5 board, thus that tech is probably the most reliable ever!

Unfortunately I don't hear such good things about the MPU6 machines.

:(

#11 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

So what else could it be?

#12 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

So what else could it be?

I don't know. Someone with experience of this tech should answer at some point though.

#13 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

Thanks very much mate

#14 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

There's a button cell under the mpu6 cover, like a bios battery.

Dave.

#15 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

Thanks dave.. So do I just take this out and put new one in? If so how do I do it?

#16 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Here's the info from the mpu6 manual - looks fairly straightforward :)

1.6 – Lithium batteries Lithium batteries as used in Barcrest Group products are correctly marked and must only be replaced with the same or an equivalent type as recommended by the manufacturer.  There is a danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced.  The MPU5 battery is vertically mounted and soldered into the printed circuit board.  The MPU6 battery is a button cell type, which is located on the printed circuit board.  It’s location is obvious upon removing the plastic case of the MPU6 and it may be easily removed without the aid of a tool

#17 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Here's the info from the mpu6 manual - looks fairly straightforward :)

1.6 – Lithium batteries Lithium batteries as used in Barcrest Group products are correctly marked and must only be replaced with the same or an equivalent type as recommended by the manufacturer.  There is a danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced.  The MPU5 battery is vertically mounted and soldered into the printed circuit board.  The MPU6 battery is a button cell type, which is located on the printed circuit board.  It’s location is obvious upon removing the plastic case of the MPU6 and it may be easily removed without the aid of a tool

If it's the same as the lithium coin cell type in the MPU5 (as it sounds as though it is) then you need to check if it's a rechargeable lithium type - failure to replace with the same type would indeed cause damage.

Also assuming the same vertical mounted coin cell arrangement as in the MPU5 it won't be in a holder - the legs on the battery will be soldered into the circuit board.

#18 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

You know what I think I have made a mistake.. I left 25p in overnight and when I switched the machine on this morning the 25p showed up but then vanished... So I assumed it had forgotten.. However when I just switched it on again and again it showed me the 25p and I realised it's set on 50p ago, as soon as I changed stake to 25p it let me spin so I'm guessing it does remember OK.. And as for paying out too much I guess it could be in my head

#19 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Could be. Payouts on modern machines can be averaged over thousands of plays and long periods of time, so it can be difficult to tell.

#20 chris_newton

chris_newton

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

I have just had another thought.. I noticed today when I opened the bottom part of the machine where the power pack is and the 2 coin trays are that in one tray there was 50p, 20p etc like I expected to see but in the other there was lots and lots of pound coins.

When I first got the machine the bloke did something so the machine would think there was money in it so I could play.

When I got it home I straight away put £100 in it so it would cover the jackpot and I thought it would all go in the big hopper thing. So I was surprised to see any in the black tray at the bottom.

There is still some money in the hopper because I took it out and rattled it and there was definitely some money in there.

I have have no idea how much is in the hopper or how much is in the trays but I thought the hopper held hundreds and I would say the max i have put in the machine is say £250.

Is there anyway I can empty the hopper then reset the machine so I can then feed the hopper and know exactly how much is in there and more importantly the machine knows exactly how much is in there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users