• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

Just wondering what tech is Electrocoin, and why when Bar X, Big 7 etc is emulated by layout creators on this site, does it have to be using the select or open the box roms style play?  We see them work in a layout of the original machines on this site for sure, but can Bar- X just be Bar - X without the select or open the box ROM running it?   Just a thought...  By the way there was a four player sit down of Oxo Crazy reels and 3 stand up version of Oxo Club recently on ebay for £500 each for the whole kits, both machines.....I could not buy it for obvious reasons.  Cheers for your responses..to this post.. K.S. :)Attached File  s-l225.jpg   23.71KB   1 downloads

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

its because electrocoin can,t be emulated at this stage so we use a host rom that plays similar to the machine instead, there are machines that's similar to bar x by various manufactures that can be played correctly. its the same with mute layouts that's machines that are missing there correct sounds in some cases other machine's are identical clones so a sound can be used from them to the "mute" machine but other cases the sounds are jumbled up.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

i belive these run on the phonix tech so they wont run as the top box as to be on with the main units unless the bottom units will just error with out the top box

#4 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

its because electrocoin can,t be emulated at this stage so we use a host rom that plays similar to the machine instead, there are machines that's similar to bar x by various manufactures that can be played correctly. its the same with mute layouts that's machines that are missing there correct sounds in some cases other machine's are identical clones so a sound can be used from them to the "mute" machine but other cases the sounds are jumbled up.

Are you completely pissed at the moment?  FFS, please write that again in plain English when you're sober, there's a good chap. :)

#5 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

i belive these run on the phonix tech so they wont run as the top box as to be on with the main units unless the bottom units will just error with out the top box

Are you completely pissed at the moment?  FFS, please write that again in plain English when you're sober, there's a good chap

This thread is going well :nah:

#6 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

re wordered as my i am rubbish with multi tasking 

this wont run on any public emu as these run phonix tech and with the main units needing to talk to the top box all the time the machine wont run in any emu at all at this moment in time

#7 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

Are you completely pissed at the moment?  FFS, please write that again in plain English when you're sober, there's a good chap. :)

Are you completely pissed at the moment?  FFS, please write that again in plain English when you're sober, there's a good chap

This thread is going well :nah:

Oh dear - Family At War and 'Trouble int' Mill' still running strong is it... ;)

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

yep stardust some people just can,t let go. the post I made above like most of my posts don,t make sense but I know what they mean,

maybe DAD could've explained why electrocoin isn't emulatable in any public emulator instead!! as he's been here since the dawn of time! (pre2002) I'm just a babby in the emulation world, a apprentice still.

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

i was pissed when i read it - and it made perfect sense !!!!

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:35 PM

probably I didn't use correct grammer not enough ( ' , ... ?? !!'s)

#11 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

yep stardust some people just can,t let go. the post I made above like most of my posts don,t make sense but I know what they mean,

maybe DAD could've explained why electrocoin isn't emulatable in any public emulator instead!! as he's been here since the dawn of time! (pre2002) I'm just a babby in the emulation world, a apprentice still.

Its all well and good if YOU know what your posts mean but f*** all use to anyone who's asking a question that requires a coherent answer!

Quite simply, the tech that Electrocoin uses in its games hasn't been emulated yet!

#12 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

Oh dear - Family At War and 'Trouble int' Mill' still running strong is it... ;)

I thought the posts were both equally shockingly worded tbh and DAD's wording was wholly appropriate for my purposes so I sequestered it rather than reinventing the wheel. Nothing more or less.

#13 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:28 PM

Just wondering what tech is Electrocoin, and why when Bar X, Big 7 etc is emulated by layout creators on this site, does it have to be using the select or open the box roms style play?  We see them work in a layout of the original machines on this site for sure, but can Bar- X just be Bar - X without the select or open the box ROM running it?   Just a thought...  By the way there was a four player sit down of Oxo Crazy reels and 3 stand up version of Oxo Club recently on ebay for £500 each for the whole kits, both machines.....I could not buy it for obvious reasons.  Cheers for your responses..to this post.. K.S. :)attachicon.gifs-l225.jpg

We do have the roms for these machines and they load up in mame, at the moment they don't run at all, maybe in the future they will :)

#14 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

Just like to say I'm not pissed and what are you all talking about?????

Happy New Year All.

Up The Workers

Long live FME.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#15 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

I thought the posts were both equally shockingly worded tbh and DAD's wording was wholly appropriate for my purposes so I sequestered it rather than reinventing the wheel. Nothing more or less.

My mistake - I've probably been in FME for far too long to see such a simple answer...  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users