• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:43 AM

Hi everyone. I was tinkering around with google.  I remember this machine in our local bookies on £10.00 jackpot and was popular amongst a lot of players. When it was due, it used to roll the number reel and land on nothing but bonus balls and give the top feature and roll over a few times.

NEVER EVER SEEN THE MACHINE GIVE THE SCRATCH CARD FEATURE.....never paid it or landed on it in all its service history of the bookies. :nah:

I have looked online for a sound rom which would hopefully bring Mocco Choco's emulation of Cool Million to life.  However after trying to download the file from Fruit Mecca, the link was broken, but there was a discussion about somebody had downloaded their Cool Million roms from the machine.

I got a set of roms from Barcrest Junky, but unfortunately after zipping them into the file, there still was no sound.  I did not complain to him because I was grateful of his help.  I was just wondering, is it something I am doing wrong, or is there absolutely NO sound for Cool Mil at all?

Also while I am on the subject of sound, please could anyone please help with sound for red hot x £25.00 jackpot as mine is silent...  look forward to reading your replies folks.  Cheers.  Will :radar:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#2 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:57 AM

please could anyone please help with sound for red hot x £25.00 jackpot as mine is silent...  look forward to reading your replies folks.  Cheers.  Will :radar:

When you load some machines, the sound will go quiet for most of them, this is a simple fix by going to your volume control panel or click on the Sound Icon near the Taskbar and open the "Sound Volume" or "Mixer" and where you see 'MFME', you'll see the bar near the bottom, push it to the top as this will put the sound up on the machine for you.

If you face this with any other machine just do the same thing. :)

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#3 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:15 AM

Not sure if the cool million sound work does it? Go to design at the top select sound the select load procon sound rom or whay ever it says and point the directory to the cool million sound rom. Not the zip file, make sure you have extracted the sound rom from the zip file.

Edited by Tommy.C, 02 December 2015 - 06:16 AM.

Hold the bells mate.

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

Regarding sounds some machines are quieter In Mfme 10.1 but if played in mfme 9.4 they sound just right don't know why but there it is.
Or you could go into test mode, back door ticked then click test . then cycle through various options till you find sound then its usually hold 1 for quieter hold2 for louder

Edited by vectra666, 02 December 2015 - 08:13 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

You dont even need to do that with most, just tick refill and cycle to the sound..

Hold the bells mate.

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

Never knew that, cheers

#7 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hi everyone. I was tinkering around with google.  I remember this machine in our local bookies on £10.00 jackpot and was popular amongst a lot of players. When it was due, it used to roll the number reel and land on nothing but bonus balls and give the top feature and roll over a few times.

NEVER EVER SEEN THE MACHINE GIVE THE SCRATCH CARD FEATURE.....never paid it or landed on it in all its service history of the bookies. :nah:

I have looked online for a sound rom which would hopefully bring Mocco Choco's emulation of Cool Million to life.  However after trying to download the file from Fruit Mecca, the link was broken, but there was a discussion about somebody had downloaded their Cool Million roms from the machine.

I got a set of roms from Barcrest Junky, but unfortunately after zipping them into the file, there still was no sound.  I did not complain to him because I was grateful of his help.  I was just wondering, is it something I am doing wrong, or is there absolutely NO sound for Cool Mil at all?

Also while I am on the subject of sound, please could anyone please help with sound for red hot x £25.00 jackpot as mine is silent...  look forward to reading your replies folks.  Cheers.  Will :radar:

You could have said, I wouldn't have been offended. I didn't actually try it out, but I did check the roms and the soundie was deffo in there.

bj

#8 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

just played this and there afaik is no sounds was this a mute layout??? If there is sounds on this as on laptop I can,t do it in mfme 2.0 + so if any can up the sounds can they and up it to this topic, also can someone can the price of play from 5p to 10p if possible

#9 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

Here is a link to the sound rom thread from the Mecca

http://www.fruitemu....=+cool +million

Will probably need adding to the gam file.

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

that's where I can't add it due to lappy constants within mfme I could do it but when saving would only see top half of machine. read the topic from mecca there appears to be sound issues regarding this layout so probs won't run/sound all the time.

#11 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

Well i did say about 6 posts ago that the sound didn't work :err

Hold the bells mate.

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

Did you lol me knob head, now smacking head on brick wall till eyes pop out!!

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

This was originally a mute layout. The sound roms eventually turned up. If all the links are dead then let me know I have the roms saved somewhere. I also have the real machine if ROMs need redumping.

There is an emulation sound issue too as not all samples play during game play. This is something I intend to fix when I get round to Proconn.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#14 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

We've got the sounds, but nearly all the samples don't work during play; which has already been mentioned.  I've attached the sound file if anyone needs it.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#15 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:20 PM

that's where I can't add it due to lappy constants within mfme I could do it but when saving would only see top half of machine. 

Here is a fix for you, to work in mfme 3.2

load the game into mfme 2,do any changes and save the layout.

change your screen resolution to portrait/flipped

open the game in mfme 2

and drag the layout down so you can see buttons.

save layout.

revert your resolution to landscape.

load the game in 3.1 or 3.2 

and bobs your uncle.

#16 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

didn,t think of that may try that next time I need a layout editing cheers

#17 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:52 AM

This was originally a mute layout. The sound roms eventually turned up. If all the links are dead then let me know I have the roms saved somewhere. I also have the real machine if ROMs need redumping.

There is an emulation sound issue too as not all samples play during game play. This is something I intend to fix when I get round to Proconn.

Wow, sounds complicated...would love to play this with sound, your all pretty clever blokes, I would not know where to start.

:nah:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#18 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

You could have said, I wouldn't have been offended. I didn't actually try it out, but I did check the roms and the soundie was deffo in there.

bj

Yeah, I know mate but just did not want to be a ball ache, I loaded the roms in mfme 2, had to play about a bit coz I was not sure how to do this, but got them playing without the layout loaded.  When I run the layout with the sound rom included, it is still mute.  Cool million in all emulators that will run it apparently cannot be put into test mode.  I did try, as suggested to get volume option.  Oh well.  I reackon I would like to help out with this if there is anything I can do to help, coz I guess and I quote guess....that someone, maybe will re-do it and if its re-done, it would be cool on £10.00 with a 20p stake, but I reackon it might be a pain in the arse to have to do all the decals on it again to change the prize amounts.  Thanks for all your help BJ :cocktail:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#19 krayzeestyles

krayzeestyles

NONE

• Banned
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:16 AM

Wow, sounds complicated...would love to play this with sound, your all pretty clever blokes, I would not know where to start.

Guitar, did you ever get the scratchcard feature on the real machine, I have never seen it played, there is a foil like surface on the inside glass.? :radar:

BANNED ACCOUNT DELETED

#20 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:35 AM

Guitar, did you ever get the scratchcard feature on the real machine, I have never seen it played, there is a foil like surface on the inside glass.? :radar:

The machine I have got doesn't work. It needs a new psu and motherboard as the old one had a battery leak which shorted the lines in a bad way.

I bought it primarily so I could emulate it at some point as it's a machine I remember fondly from back in t'day.

As for your scratchcard question, I'm sure I remember seeing it, but it wasnt very good. Different rom sets may well enable / disable the feature if there was an issue with it.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users