31 replies to this topic

#21 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

Will the roms load in Guitar's sound tool or will a new one be designed? I fancy the Bar X machines that are in every arcade nowadays. And yes, Yarmouth has lots of these! lol.

The ROMs use synth sound created by a second z80, so sound tool wont work. I wont be emulating any modern Electrocoin games, the aim isn't to emulate modern stuff. There's no need. Amber isn't for playing the latest games and never will be.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#22 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

OK Guitar, got ya. I still have no answer on how to load a layout in Amber. I'm gettin' nowhere! I'm hoping to get my hands on a Las Vegus toy fruit machine that has the same sounds as that claw machine that makes a 3 tone scale that is found in most arcades. It works like a skill stop game. That'll do me for synth sounds, or I can save the ones in Mazooma's Golden X which are similar to Bar X Electrocoin. Kind regards, Tom grant. PS I'm nearly finished at the RNC college in Hereford but I'm never giving up FME! If I had a gamesroom like Spa and had eyesight, I'd help as much as pos with Amber and would've maybe arranged with "you know who" to help with the Epoch emu. Honestly! If it wasn't for fruit-emu, I'd have no fun! I hate losing real money, so why not just emulate it? It's the sounds that attract me as well as people telling me what I have won. Great work!

#23 sonicx2001

sonicx2001

Cheif cook and bottle washer

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

I have the origianal source code if anyone needs it as I invented this game back in 1992, when I worked for Electrocoin 

#24 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

im sure their must be legalities there??

that said if your clued up, could you write a stand alone version for windows ?

#25 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

Did you write for any other companies around this time or what other machines did you code?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#26 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

I have the origianal source code if anyone needs it as I invented this game back in 1992, when I worked for Electrocoin 

Time to send in your CV to Reflex I think :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#27 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

There is only electrocoin what made proper random games with real.depth to em.
Hold the bells mate.

#28 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

At sonicx2001, you created Electrocoin Labyrinth?  Wow, for real, this must be one of the best fruit machines ever made for sheer playability.   I've said it many times, but the feature board in particular is inspired, even when the machine doesn't want to pay a lot you can be on the board for a while with absolutely no idea what you are going to win, it seemed so random.   

Did you write Stairway to Heaven?

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#29 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

im sure their must be legalities there??

that said if your clued up, could you write a stand alone version for windows ?

Fairly sure I remember something a few years back that went through the courts & the coder always owns the code unless they explicitly state otherwise.

#30 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

Wow thats some statement, we don't get many folks saying they created such classics coming here. I think guitar would love to have a look at it pending any legal issues. It would be great to see. 

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#31 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

Wow thats some statement, we don't get many folks saying they created such classics coming here. I think guitar would love to have a look at it pending any legal issues. It would be great to see. 

Would love to see the code!

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#32 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:18 PM

well come on down, you've been given authorisation from electrocoin so hey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users