SPLIT FROM Epoch Emulator - September 2014 Update

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#141 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

i have to say, the last say 10-15 posts have really made me laugh out loud, no sarcasm intended, just funny and i actually thank letemspin, althric and the others.

think we have all said our bit now and well all know who feels what. hopefully we can put this to rest and either wait for KC to reappear, or Guitar is able to make a future comment on Epoch.

*on a side note, did wizard say once that he was happy to give amber a chance before he release something else - or did a dream that bit ?

Don't make me post a link to that thread. It looks remarkably similar to this one, but Daryl was to blame on that occasion. I believe it contained the last ever post by Wizard on this forum and also Guitar threatening to not release anything whilst Geddy was an active member on any FME forum. Ahhhhhh the good old days.

Seriously, I think we have all had our say now and hopefully we can get back to FMEing.

bj

#142 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

Don't make me post a link to that thread. It looks remarkably similar to this one, but Daryl was to blame on that occasion. 

bj

Go on - blame me, I'm a man - I can take it - and I've had the blame for most other things in FME too... ;) 

...I'm buggered if I can remember them all though!  :bigeyes19:

#143 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

You're Cavey? Fancy a walk?

Oh yes, my word yes.

Tell me what you want. It's yours.

#144 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

"So anyway, we now know there a technical hitch with KC's Epoch emulator which is unfortunate but that's OK, these things happen.  Hopefully in due course a fix can be found and he can release it when its 100% working.  At least all the speculation about why we've not heard from him can be brought to an end.  It would have been nice to hear from KC himself but maybe he was completely unaware of the situation and why things had become slightly heated, maybe he felt awkward about posting being so close to the end then hitting a stumbling block, who knows?"

That's about the jist of it yes, am I still banned?

Night all.

NQ.

#145 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

Oh yes, my word yes.

Tell me what you want. It's yours.

Something JPM, preferably IMPACT, but I'll leave it up to you beyond that.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#146 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

night all

#147 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

where is the video  of wizards updated mfme ????

Posted Image

#148 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

Sound is very quiet & can't stretch the video as it changes resolution based on the machine.

#149 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:43 AM

That fuc.kin title still winds me up no end.
Hold the bells mate.

#150 mortalwombat

mortalwombat

• Regulars
  • 169 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

Surely he must of had play testers and others to make the layouts, plus one thing is bugging me - it was mentioned earlier in the thread that KC couldnt get the epoch emu totally finished like only 99% complete, that video of wizards looks 100% to me.

Anyhow heres hoping KC decides or completes the emu, and releases to the scene, alot of people have contributed in different ways with roms, flyers , donations and other things,

We are not all on the take when we post asking for updates on the situation and if it will be delivered, we do give to the community,

Just trying to keep the scene from sinking to the point of no return, i dont want to be stuck looking at the titanic, id rather be playing london underground in the comfort of my living room, :)

Now the thread is calm, id like to thank guitar for all his work in amber 2, so promising and maybe we will see some goodies after july if KC hasnt responded.

#151 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

Sound is very quiet & can't stretch the video as it changes resolution based on the machine.

This is what finished my interest in FME and many others.  Can't believe the spitefulness of Wizard not releasing this, obviously he hasn't updated MFME just for himself because if so why the video? Really childish and downright f*****g spiteful to every person in FME, putting that video up years ago.  

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#152 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

That fuc.kin title still winds me up no end.

Yip but apparently it was not done like that, it was done to show us progress not to wind us up or antagonise us..... erm according to Cavey... pffft.... ;)

Surely he must of had play testers and others to make the layouts, plus one thing is bugging me - it was mentioned earlier in the thread that KC couldnt get the epoch emu totally finished like only 99% complete, that video of wizards looks 100% to me.

But NQ said Wizard could not help KC so that video can't be working 100% right? ;) Horses mouth...... horses mouth...

#153 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:23 AM

Still nice to see that those techs have been cracked.  If Wizard can do it, then someone else might be able to one day.  People get all mad about the video, but it's still nice to see the games :)

And really when you boil it all down, aside from Epoch we're missing out on half a dozen Castle games, the same in BWB video (which are all pretty samey) a few Crystal bits and some fiddly non-runners.  I'm not going to cry about two dozen games I can't play when I can already play hundreds of others.  Wizard put the work in that matters so it's up to him.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#154 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

As was said earlier there must of been layout creators and playtesting of said layouts so there must be more than one copy out there, or maybe there's just wizzy on his own, would love him to change his mind and release this, it would change fme from day one and make the site's buzz once again. Unless someone else has a copy?
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#155 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

Vectra he only used 1 person maybe 2. Proof is the layouts were not that good so recon if the 2 I'm thinking about they will never leak it, no chance!
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#156 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

As was said earlier there must of been layout creators and playtesting of said layouts so there must be more than one copy out there, or maybe there's just wizzy on his own, would love him to change his mind and release this, it would change fme from day one and make the site's buzz once again. Unless someone else has a copy?

Harvey for DXing.... Pete W and Steve Phipps (Reelsoffun???) for classics. Maybe another 'friend' has a copy too. Will have used the roms and artwork the scene sourced of course... we are nice that way. :)

#157 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

I remember when that video was posted, I was really like  :realmad:

But looking at it now, I think, would I play anything on that video for more than 5 minutes and the answer is no  :nah: . Do I spend more than 5 minutes on FME on average a month and the answer is no. :nah:  Will a new Epoch emulator, peak my interest in FME for more than an hour a month over a year or so and the answer is no.  :nah:

I would say for the vast majority of people who were around from the beginning and are actually still around the fme forums, the above is the case.

In short, yes it would be nice to play some more old machines for 5 minutes here and there, but it's far far far, from important. I still can't believe that people are that fussed about FME (surely there has to be a maximum of about 20 people) to get into such arguments. Particularly it's sad to see people falling out with people in real life over it.  :no:

#158 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Particularly it's sad to see people falling out with people in real life over it.  :no:

It's all part of the FME merry-go-round bud...

...we've always done it - we always will too!

Who needs a women' only PMT monthly meeting when the stalwart members like a few of us can do it everyday?  :bigeyes19:

Who said 'only women bleed'? :p

#159 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

I remember when that video was posted, I was really like  :realmad:

But looking at it now, I think, would I play anything on that video for more than 5 minutes and the answer is no  :nah: . Do I spend more than 5 minutes on FME on average a month and the answer is no. :nah:  Will a new Epoch emulator, peak my interest in FME for more than an hour a month over a year or so and the answer is no.  :nah:

I would say for the vast majority of people who were around from the beginning and are actually still around the fme forums, the above is the case.

In short, yes it would be nice to play some more old machines for 5 minutes here and there, but it's far far far, from important. I still can't believe that people are that fussed about FME (surely there has to be a maximum of about 20 people) to get into such arguments. Particularly it's sad to see people falling out with people in real life over it.  :no:

I have to agree with everything WAC says here.  For me, a large part of fruit machine emulation is hearing the sounds again.  You're never going to recreate the buzz of winning money when playing a layout for nothing, so it's the nostalgic side that does it for me; and it's the sounds that really take me back to those good old days.  I am the same with Commodore 64 emulation - I rarely play the games but I can listen to the SID tunes all day long.

I saw very few Castle games back in the day, so although I'd play them, to me they are not much different to the old JPM MPS stuff like Supershot.  The MPU4 video stuff is slightly different because the games had a bit of depth to them, and the graphics are video-based so they look top-notch and make for an immersive experience, but again viewing Miami Dice in the video does go a long way to quenching my thirst for the game and others that are similar, as did the pictures posted some time ago of Sunburst and so on.  Much of the Epoch stuff I can live without - Maygay were absolutely dire around that time and most of their games, especially on £25 jackpot were f*****g disgusting to play.  Triple MMM - before my time.  Crystal?  Never really played their stuff to any extent.  The only games left that I really yearn for are the System 80 PCP and BWB non-runners like Lucky Lady and Master Spy.  But I get the feeling that I'd get bored of those after a while and then start wishing for something else.

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#160 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

We always want something we haven't got.   I agree with WAC and Stevedude, after a while all fruit machine emulation becomes boring.  I'd love to play Step n Skip, Lucky Lady etc, but after a few goes the interest is lost.   Obviously I'm still hanging around for BWB Video, that is the last thing I really would like to see emulated.   Even playing these on a PC will become boring over time I imagine.

I think Guitar's online abilities will give fme a lot more interest, it would be like you was walking into an arcade where something may have been hit or not, that's the kind of excitement I remember from my playing days.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users