• 4578 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

guess he wont as he doesn't log on :jimlad:

#82 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

These days there is a general policy of not locking threads without very good reasons.

If the thread originator asks me to close the thread then I will do so.

These days there is a general policy of not locking threads without very good reasons.

If the thread originator asks me to close the thread then I will do so.

Thanks for taking the time to reply AA.

I'd say in this context, better to lock the thread and if anyone actually does have some genuine information on epee then they can soon send you a polite pm asking for the thread to be unlocked and the vital information posted which of course im sure youd be most happy to help with.

Of course your website and your rules and im sure i and all respect your post above.

Again, kind thanks for taking time to reply.

#83 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply AA.

I'd say in this context, better to lock the thread and if anyone actually does have some genuine information on epee then they can soon send you a polite pm asking for the thread to be unlocked and the vital information posted which of course im sure youd be most happy to help with.

Of course your website and your rules and im sure i and all respect your post above.

Again, kind thanks for taking time to reply.

I will put the question to the moderators and see what they think, when I have a moment.

It does then raise the question as to whether, by logical extension, all the other threads on Epoch emulator updates should be locked as well lest they become magnets for future speculation?

#84 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Well I'll answer now.... no locking.  No need.

#85 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

I will put the question to the moderators and see what they think, when I have a moment.

It does then raise the question as to whether, by logical extension, all the other threads on Epoch emulator updates should be locked as well lest they become magnets for future speculation?

I would lock it leavin a link to the "can this or that be emulated" thread. Or the whole lot can be moved into the abyss which would be a fitting place for this whole shebang as its where the community has been left for the last few months. Despite numerous politely worded requests and genuine concerns for a posters wealfare.

Its your website which you know i respect but you know where i stand. I know im by no means the only one who wants a line drawn under this. The community would be much better served sending out the message loud and clear that by action it gets behind genuine and transparent emu builders. The name guitar springs to mind.

#86 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

I see no rules have been broken and ergo see no reason for the thread to be locked.  I will say the same thing in the staff room too, when the question is asked there.

bj

#87 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

so there we have it then, KC is in love and about to get married and has no time for FME. I'm trying very hard to put myself in his shoes, would my personal life take president, would a marriage be more than writing some code to people who dont do X Y or Z?  well yes i guess.

would i have logged on and told them the scenario to perhaps ask for time or some understanding etc?   yes.

#88 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Well if that's the case guitar said he would take it over in his emu, so we haven't been completely left with nowt.
Hold the bells mate.

#89 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

guitar always has achived fantastic results on different techs, i dont doubt his epoch ability. Geddy is right in respects of a huge amount of bellfruit stuff ready to go - so time will tell

#90 mortalwombat

mortalwombat

• Regulars
  • 169 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

We could of probably had the epoch tech emulated by now if KC replied to this thread at xmas when he promised some feedback.

I just can't fathom why he didn't reply to this site or to anyones emails, texts and so on.

NQ said he spoke to him the other day, did he mention anything about the emu?

It's basically a piss take, how can people promise so much and deliver so little, i know coders don't have to release stuff, but why promise, its crushing the scene.

Guitar could of started work on it early january, unless he had other commitments obviously.

Anyhow we will most likely have to wait until xmas atleast i guess for something new, unless anyone can say different.

It's basically a piss take, how can people promise so much and deliver so little, i know coders don't have to release stuff, but why promise, its crushing the scene.

Edited by mortalwombat, 25 April 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#91 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

im contemplating contacting him on facebook. I guess I just want his answer like the rest of us.

#92 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

You go for it Nails mate! Let us know ASAP if you hear anything, positive or negative! I'll be doing a "FruitVideos" and will be recording ourselves in Great Yarmouth on the machines. I'll also do any Epoch ones I may see there. Any requests? I was thinking of bud, wise, err, coors for a laugh.

#93 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Well like so many others banging on daily about, you know what, sod it.  You lot try and speak to him.

I'll let the rest of you try to get to know him, go the extra mile to get info like I did.

Yes we spoke about the emu, but it's up to him to post about it.

#94 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

assuming you have tried, your answers have been ambiguous to say the least. to tell us you contacted him really doesnt tell us anything.

i dont think im being unfair when i say the WHOLE community just wants to know, one way or the other?

what exactly did you do to go the extra mile? would love to know please.

#95 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

Anyone fancy running to the 99p shop where you can get a packet of 3 padlocks with spare keys for under a pound!

Or shall we let this farce continue?

Actually forget running to poundland, if someone could nip down to aldi a bit sharpish they could not only get some cheap padlocks but a nice big bunch of carrots as well!

Or to put it in the "inner circle" way, i just spoke to y and z said that he's happy to run down to aldi's but that as he's going the "extra mile" he may be some time. Thats according to x though.

Farcical.

#96 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

Anyone fancy running to the 99p shop where you can get a packet of 3 padlocks with spare keys for under a pound!
Or shall we let this farce continue?
Actually forget running to poundland, if someone could nip down to aldi a bit sharpish they could not only get some cheap padlocks but a nice big bunch of carrots as well!
Or to put it in the "inner circle" way, i just spoke to y and z said that he's happy to run down to aldi's but that as he's going the "extra mile" he may be some time. Thats according to x though.
Farcical.

I disagree with thread locking full stop and in this instance feel it would a) be premature at this juncture and b) be inappropriate on the basis it has not been requested by the thread creator and the thread hasn't yet suffered any rule transgression.

#97 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

I can see where 'zoom' is coming from - to a certain extent...

...what I fear most is if Fruit Emu becomes another 'Mecca' so to speak and is padlocked because a thread may go astray, or something is said that perhaps isn't politically correct.

We've been here before... let's not go there again - it hasn't worked in the past (well, I never implemented it anyway unless requested) and I can't see it working in the future either.

I believe this thread now needs to run its course and let members have their say - because otherwise it'll only start in another thread anyway - or worse still, start animosity and resentment to build once again... and that, frankly is something that Fruit Emu certainly doesn't need again :)

#98 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

People blaming each other isn,t helping this situation, its only gonna end up in members falling out and leaving we've been here time n time again.

If killcrazy wants to carry on with HIS emulator or not or even tell us its upto him. I've read he's getting married fair play to him and I wish him a great life, of which he'll have more to do than emulation that now probably is way down the list of priorities in real life. 

There must be a reason he's not posting, maybe he was hounded to much. I wasn,t here when the original emulator creator (wizard) was stood on and shit on for his hard work n grafting, maybe he feels the same way. What can be done about it, well not a lot we need to get over it and look to the future. We still have one if not more hidden emulator coders and hopefully if they're not driven away we could be seeing epoch a reality. People complain about Amber1 what I say if you can do better then go ahead two emulators or heads are better than one. 

As with another topic on here it seams FME has lost its way as a member once posted about me "There's no I in Teamwork" maybe we should All work together like FME used to do!!

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#99 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:45 AM

Lol, love the "inner circle" references....

No wonder KC no longer frequents FE.

#100 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

couldnt log on to dads, its like ive been deleted :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users