Photo
- - - - -

THe Most Annoying Thing To happen While Playing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: The Most Annoying Thing That Can Happen While Playing? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

The Most Annoying Thing That Can Happen While Playing?

1. Collecting Nudges Instead Of A Greater Cash Win (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

2. A Sticky Nudge Button (9 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. A Sticky Start Button (6 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Keep Getting Poor Bonous's Such As Boost (7 votes [15.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

5. The Entire Machine Cutting Out On You (3 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. Dodgy Coin Slot (3 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

7. Kicking Out Time When A Machine Is On Payout (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

8. Some Drunk Who Think He Play The Machine Twice As Good As You Can (9 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cdbils

cdbils

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:04 AM

I was down the club last night and instead of collecting 20 quid in the cash pot i collected a quid.So it gave me an idea for a poll.What is the most annoying thing that can happen while playing? These are all things i have experianced first hand myself :D

#2 fistandantilus

fistandantilus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:54 AM

you missed one out from your list lol

I was once playing a 5p/£6 jackpot and a young lad was watching me play from a couple of yards away. He was silent so I didn't tell him to sod off elsewhere and continued to play. I took the jackpot and proceeded to play off the few credits I had remaining. By this time the little sod had edged closer. On one of my last credits I got 4 nudges and stood back a bit to look at the reels. The annoying little sod trying to be helpful jumped forward and said "just nudge in the feature board" and pressed the middle nudge button to do so. I then somehow resisted the urge to throttle him and pointed out that there was actually a £4 win that could have been nudged in.

Anyway to cut the story short, I got about £1 offered off the board before it killed me and the little kid learned a valuable lesson, or at least I hoped he did :-?

short of that the most annoying thing is poorly mantained machine. When lights and buttons don't work. :twisted:

#3 yorkie07808

yorkie07808

ReMember

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:09 AM

The same thing used to happen to me. You would get these know it all's hanging around giving suggestions on getting the jp and annoying you to hell then expecting some tokens for "being helpfull" I just tell them to sod off. :D

But the most annoying thing to happen to me was when i was playing I was playing OXO got on to the top reels the first bar came in so i knew it was the jackpot. Then without warning everything turned off. Some stupid workmen nearby cut the power supply had to wait over an hour for it to come back on and lost the jp verry verry annoying :evil:

#4 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

I could probably vote for all of those!

Recently I played a Party Time and messed up a set-nudge timeout for a jackpot (£25) because of a sticky hold button. £60 later and I finally got on the top reels....£2.....STOP.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#5 potter

potter

• New Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:34 PM

Years ago i had put what seemed to me to be loads of money in a note exchange fruity an just when i got the top feature, £2 repeat, there was a power surge that tripped the arcade circuit breakers.
All the machines went off an when they all came back on it had reset and i had no feature.
I was most displeased and in expressing my displeasure was barred from the arcade.

Probably had something to do with me kickin the change booth.

Incidentally, a good way to give up the fruitys is get barred from all your local arcades.

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

IMHO the worst machines for sticky buttons HAVE to be recent BFM/Mazooma/QPS [especially those with the transparent button surrounds, you can see the amount of beer and ash in there and it is disgusting 8O]..

I think the worst I had was a Hypalinx machine [RedX clone] which I was playing at Peterborough train station a couple of years back. Was on a bloody good opportunity for a JP IMHO [on about £10, on a 1, extra life and stuff so all going well either a JP, or a collect on £15]---- but just as I went higher than the 1 and it dropped in something, it said DSP [something] ERROR (I assume that means Digital Sound Processor?), and reset itself. I only put in a little change, like £1.40 I had left over after buying my ticket, and it annoyed me no end. Not that the staff could have done much anyway, as I was 16 and all the machines say OVER 18 ONLY all over them :p
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#7 tracey2

tracey2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:51 PM

About five years ago now i was forcing a Ooh Aah Dracula and after putting just over £40 in it, it was busting to pay the jp and low and behold the coin mech got jammed. Another one a few years ago was a jackpotteers after refusing a few reds and £50+ in the second reel jammed up. When i switched it off and on to try and get it going again the barman through me out, he was watch me like a hawk, obvious knew what i was doing.
Well I jumped into the river
Too many times to make it home
I'm out here on my own, an drifting all alone
If it doesn't show give it time
To read between the lines

#8 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

the worst thing that happend to me happend quite a few years ago now

i was playing a machine called supernudger on my local arcade i had put about 15/16 quid not had a sniff of any jp (this machine was 5p play 2.40 jp) (its the one where you get get a nudge after spin of the reels)

anyway all of a sudden the top glass shattered and a piece of glass went in my eye blood everywhere (it cut my eyelid on the way in). i told the manager who kindly took me to A&E and brought me back home after 3hours i went back the next day to see if the machine glass was fixed which it was but as i was playing it the manager came over to me and told me to get out i was banned from the arcade (apparently for banging the machine and breaking it)(which of course i didnt do)

i argued the case he showed me the cctv tape and as i was pressing the button it happened (the glass smashed).

i found out a couple of months later that a little arse with a air gun shot the machine.

when i told this to the manager of the arcade i was told that if i wanted to go back to the arcade to play the machine it would cost me £10 for cost of the glass.

(i didnt pay him and he went bust HE HE HE)

#9 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

when i told this to the manager of the arcade i was told that if i wanted to go back to the arcade to play the machine it would cost me £10 for cost of the glass)

I'd have sued the little shit....Isn't he responsible for safety on his own premises??? I sometimes wonder what kind of case these moron arcade owners have for banning people. Do we have any comeback? Is there an arcade Ombudsman?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:52 PM

While I don't think there is an ombudsman for arcades, I think the best way to get results is :

1) Contact local council. They grant the licenses, and I reckon they could revoke them if the owner is a total arse.

2) Contact BACTA and/or The Gaming Board of Great Britain. Just send them a letter. You might get nothing back, you might get a letter telling you to go away, or you might get the owner to apologise.

Also, is there a disclaimer visible at the point of entry of the arcade - something like 'The management are not responsible for loss or injury caused while inside the premises'? If not, and you really think they deserve it, right them a letter stating that unless you receive some form of compensation you will be forced to issue a county court claim against them :D

I'm not seriously suggesting people contact the authorities above for trivial stuff, bear in mind we are talking about someone being taken to hospital and then banned for a crime not commited!
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#11 Lesoot

Lesoot

• New Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:39 AM

The worst thing to happen to me is when I was on shark raving mad..... I had nearest win on a hot which was jackpot but not realising it killed me :(

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

Dad missed a Flashhold on the Blue boxes on Hells Bells [BFM Scorp5 2003] last night, got on the board with the boxes, £4 from double shot, exchanged, 1 spin and took the £4. Seems it often Flashholds the boxes, I've had the same thing on Diamond Mine, 3 Flashholds on the boxes in a row for a good £15 total.

Always keep an eye out for them holds :)

I bet it is even worse on Lo-Techs when the JP Flashholds and you miss it, as for all you know it could have held another 3 or so times :p
Ben

#13 bennie22

bennie22

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:16 PM

Normally it's people watching and muttering " you wanna do this or that".

Or collecting the wrong feature/cash win....oh the amount of times i've done that!! ( and that was before i started drinking :lol: )

#14 Logopolis

Logopolis

• Regulars
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

Must be about 4 or 5 years ago, I was playing a £15 jp Psycho Cash Beast. It was playing really well, so I decided to do the trick on it where you reject jackpots until a little while after the bonus starts at skillstop when on feature entry. Then I noticed a bloke watching after I had started rejecting jackpots. He then told me to leave the machine! I ignored him and carried on playing, but then a couple more blokes came in and stood by the first bloke. I'm sure one of them then went over to the attendant and said something. Then just as I was about to take the jackpot, the manager (I assume he was) approached and told me to leave the arcade. I had no choice, so I left the premises. As a result, I lost about £50.

These three guys who stood watching me, didn't look as if they had a penny between them. So it seemed pretty obvious what their game was. I'm sure one of them was punting a machine in there earlier and lost on it aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users