Customised / Fantasy Machine Creation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 welshlad

welshlad

• Bronze Supporters
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

I was thinking of creating a customised/fantasy machine and need some help and advice.  Firstly, is this okay to do?  Or is this frowned upon? 

All being okay....I could do with some help on the audio side of things.  It's likely I'd be using Road to Wembley (BFM) as the template for custom artwork, and then using the Road to Wembley game ROM.  Completing it with my a customised Sound Rom.  This is where I'm struggling!

I can export the original wav files in order to get their length and file name, but its the bank and offset I got no idea about.   Plus.....how can I sort of re-compile them all into a workable Sound Rom? 

Hoping this is all okay, and look forward to some help if possible. 

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

There was a thread somewhere where people were suggesting all the features that they would want in a perfect fruit machine. It was more of a theoretical exercise though - and you're intending to do this for real presumably?

#3 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Pretty sure roms have been hacked in the past to use different sounds.

I'll stick a pretend mod hat on here.....

Don't upload anything like that to fruit-emu.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#4 welshlad

welshlad

• Bronze Supporters
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

i think it would be an exciting project - to create a machine which has features, sounds and visuals which haven't been done and hold some kind of personal meaning.   it would be for personal usage, for my own kicks and smiles.  can anyone help or point me in the right direction for using different sounds?   BFM Emulator.  

#5 wsad_920NW

wsad_920NW

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

That sounds like a cool idea but for personal usage is probably the best idea.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex..It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. -

Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users