• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hello and good Morning Everyone,

Im hoping someone on here good steer me in the right direction . . . ( Fingers Crossed )

I recently brought 2 fruit machine from a company on ebay and to be honest i got completely had over.. (one of them being Rainbow riches and the other being monopoly road to riches) 

One hour after they were delivered they both came down with faults, Firstly I Opened the rainbow riches and the door basically fell off! the plastic hinges were snapped! and the monopoly road to riches has completely packed up!, The company has refused to come out and help me or even give me any advice.

So firstly does anyone know where or know of anyone who has a spare top part of the rainbow riches, ?? I believe these are a common fault.

The next im hoping I can get some advice ??

The monopoly road to riches Firsly wouldnt power up!, didnt want to do anything so I went to my local arcade and thankfully got a power supply unit from them, This seemed to cure that problem and the machine started to power up.

As the reels start to initialise there then comes up with reel 4 error 24, Believe this is the number reel?, All plugs are secure and cannot see any damage etc,

I took the number reel out of the monopoly and plugged it into my other machine and the reel is fine with no problems, I then plugged the reel out of my working machine into the monopoly and still has the error. .

Im completely stunned as to what this is and where to go now :(, I paid out over 250 pounds so far.

I apreciate if anyone has any ideas...

Thanks

Andy

#2 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Thats terrible mate. If you bought through ebay, have you opened up a dispute against the seller? Especially if you have exchanged messages through ebay so there is proof the seller is unwilling to help resolve your problems.

On the scorpion 4 machine, first thing to check is the reels are connected properly to the main board. So take the metal cover off the main board (ensure machine is switched off!) and check all the connections carefully,ensuring on plugs are in correctly and not 1 pin out etc. Then check the condition of the battery area. Is there signs of a leaking battery?? If so your main board may be faulty and will need replacing. Reel 4 BTW is the number reel yes. Check all connections are also in the MUX boards at the top and that they all have 2 green LEDs lit when powered up.

Hope this helps.

#3 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Many Thanks For your help, I will have another look once home from work, Unfortunately Ebay are unable to help me any further as I had to pay the guy cash! :(. Shame for a company but I have sent an email to trading standards regarding them.

#4 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Ebay may still help, might not be covered by buyer protection but it is their duty to sort it.

Secondly as for the reel error it could be a faulty MPU/Mainboard if the reel is fine elsewhere, are you able to try another reel on the machine itself? See if the error persists?

#5 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

In ebay's eyes because I paid them cash for the items they are unable to help any further, apart from keep an eye on the seller. . .

As for the reel, I have tried another reel out of my working machines and it still has the fault :(

#6 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

sounds to me like one of the driver transistors on the scorp 4 reel drives has gone so the reel is not spinning properly? seen this a few times as the transistors get easily physically damaged and being darlington transistors they also tend to go low gain with age too and then won't drive properly.

fruitsmiley.gif

#7 dave t

dave t

dave t (dangerousdave8390)

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

has Andrew has said it could be that , but what I have also found with the reels on scorpion 4 and 5 machines is that all pins have to be right in on the plug to the reel sometimes 1 or 2 can be

slightly outand not connecting

also check the plug that plugs into the reel to make sure the wires are intact I have found afew broken wires at the plug end to the reel

cheers dave

#8 dave t

dave t

dave t (dangerousdave8390)

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

ps as for companys just because they are accompany you can't relay on that amate of mine bought 2 machines of acompany one was ok the other had lights

in the machine reacting and flashing with the start button the boss came out and said it was static and that he'd come back with apowersupply because it just might be that

he never heard from him again , I went round and said that's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard and that something wasn't wired right after 2 hours I found out what it was

it had awrong scorpion reel in it that was wired totally different to the rest I found aspare of the same kind job done

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

Regardless of the payment method and eBay's stance on the situation, you can seek redress via the Small Claims track of the County Court. It's not particularly expensive or difficult and as long as you have basic evidence to support your claim you're unlikely to lose.

#10 andrewizlegend

andrewizlegend

• Regulars
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thanks All for your help. Much apreciated. I have ordered another motherboard hopefully that will solve it! ( Fingers crossed)

#11 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

Just to add what Alex has said..... there is a member on the Mecca (Riche100), who had a similar issue with 2 video based BWB's from near Morrison, Swansea, and in the end, he did manage a full refund as he paid via PayPal, and did not have to return the machines either, so it maybe an idea to have a look at the following thread, so you have an idea what to do to get at least some redress back.

http://www.fruitemu....fruit-machines/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users