• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

I have tried for many years to get my account back .. i have recently contacted Yahoo UK over a issue

The Problem im having is the Security Question ... where did you last have your honeymoon September 2009

This problem is all over net and its a common problem

even a phone call to Yahoo cost me almost £40 To get the password changed ... they didnt

all they sent me is a e-mail with a LINK

im trying to get my money back over a shite support service

can anyone help me in any way getting my account back as there is important e-mail waiting

I use MSN now more stable

Lee

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#2 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

I have tried for many years to get my account back .. i have recently contacted Yahoo UK over a issue

The Problem im having is the Security Question ... where did you last have your honeymoon September 2009

This problem is all over net and its a common problem

even a phone call to Yahoo cost me almost £40 To get the password changed ... they didnt

im trying to get my money back over a shite support service

can anyone help me in any way getting my account back as there is important e-mail waiting

I use MSN now more stable

Lee

Hi Lee

Could you not set up another Yahoo account and get the email sent to your new account.

Ive never had probs re the above.

Just do find the service very slow at times and more and more spam mails.

Hope you get things sorted

Jay

#3 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:46 AM

Where did the link take you?

Yahoo requests a second Email address so that when users forget their password and security answer, and then contact Yahoo for help, they send the password to the other email account you provided.

This prevents anyone trying to obtain your password over the phone or via the net by pretending to be you.

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

If you click the " forgot password " link it should ask you for an alternative e-mail addy so it can send a verification code or link there...

Then you can change it and sign back in , i done it with my FB recently ... sounds like the " tech support " werent very helpful at all.

Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

September 2009?

no wonder you have zero security.

#6 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

7b9omu2.jpg

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#7 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

Lee I had trouble too with yahoo and in the end gave up. Btw if your going to call the states try using nimbuzz its much cheaper. If you get the android app install it and go to call the number it tells you how much it costs per minute in $'s. I used it when I went to the Philippines to call landlines and mobiles in the uk $20 lasted me the full 4 weeks and I still had $3.67 left over. I made hours of calls.

With regards to your email you should have set up an alternate email when you set the first one up.

John he wont be able to do what you suggested as you need to provide your security answers still afaik with yahoo anyways. Im a little high on morphine atm so dont trust anything im saying.
What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#8 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

John he wont be able to do what you suggested as you need to provide your security answers still afaik with yahoo anyways. Im a little high on morphine atm so dont trust anything im saying.

Hopefully medically provided and for nothing too serious??

#9 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hopefully medically provided and for nothing too serious??

Just some pain relief for my psoriatic arthritis. My toes and wrists are a little bad atm but coping. I think I over did it on Sunday when I went hiking with my son. Climbed just over 1,290 feet up quite a steep hill. I fell over a couple of times which was hilarious. My sons got balls tho we was on a small ledge of about 2 feet wide with a 100+ drop down a almost vertical grassy outcrop. I was crapping myself.  

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users