Photo
- - - - -

'Quicksilver' Arcade chain - payout percentages?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

We have a local Quicksilver here in Banbury where i live. Just thought i should tell you that all £5.00, 10p play fruit machines are at 80%. that goes for all there arcades. I do know this to be true as i used to work for quicksilver until last year. Also Quicksilver has a policy that there should be a percentage visable on all there machines. I will look into this further to be sure. As i know the manager of my local quicksilver and is a personal friend of mine.

I think there has been a change in government policy since this first post was made by Bencrest 8 years ago... ;)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#22 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think there has been a change in government policy since this first post was made by Bencrest 8 years ago... ;)

Even if there's not been a change in policy per-se, there's more pressure on arcades, through the Gambling Commission (and it's 3 almighty objectives!) to ensure that players can walk up to a game and clearly see percentages, stakes, if it's compensated or random, e.t.c.

Pretty sure that if you went to an arcade today, and the machine didn't have a visible percentage, you could call the GC and they'd be there the next day to ask what's going on, make sure everything is 100% stickered up correctly :)

8 year old thread though... PMSL at the fact I state in the first post that I'm not addicted... here I am 8 years later trying to pay off gambling related credit card debts and banning myself from gambling :D

Edited by Bencrest, 31 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#23 titan

titan

• New Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

my local quicksilver has all £70 jp machines set at 70% and all the £35jp machines are set at 82%

#24 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

my local quicksilver has all £70 jp machines set at 70% and all the £35jp machines are set at 82%

Well, they have to do something to make up for the £5 of free plays (cash match or whatever they do these days!) that they give out! :D

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#25 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

8 year old thread though... PMSL at the fact I state in the first post that I'm not addicted... here I am 8 years later trying to pay off gambling related credit card debts and banning myself from gambling :D

When we are younger, we seem to easily dismiss a problem as being no problem at all ;)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#26 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

old thread this one

i'd say beyond any doubt that only the b3's and magic games would have that sort of percentage. that said its only an aiming percent. bellfruit;s old s16 random spinner was renowned for paying under its percentage. the one i had was hovering on 76% for months. 

that equates to shoving £5k through in 3 days without a jackpot and only getting £200 off the top board.

#27 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

old thread this one

i'd say beyond any doubt that only the b3's and magic games would have that sort of percentage. that said its only an aiming percent. bellfruit;s old s16 random spinner was renowned for paying under its percentage. the one i had was hovering on 76% for months. 

that equates to shoving £5k through in 3 days without a jackpot and only getting £200 off the top board.

I owned a Random Spinner, never paid over £100 on the top wheel, don't think it ever paid a JP, it seemed to give most 'almost' jackpot wins from small wins gambled double or nothing on the red and black (mine was the £1 play B3 version with 10 winlines). Never had it pay an actual jackpot of £500 though.

Sold it on because it was boring me to tears. I was really tempted to try and get it running the Hi Roller poker software, as I believe they shared the same top wheel values, but never got around to it. Loved Hi Roller even though it was very simple :D

Edited by Bencrest, 03 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users