Reports

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought here was as good a place as any.

Can someone please tell me what the procedure is when you've reported something on this site please?

ie should you get some sort of reply or automated acknowledgement etc when the report is first made, or a progress report or whatever, and if so, are you supposed to be informed of any decisions or outcome etc?

I'm curious to know as I filed a report on the 6th July and as yet I've had nothing back.  Not even an automated reply to say the report has been received.

Thanks

Edited by chasnbons, 04 August 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#2 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

to who?  police, the social, your union or this forum?

#3 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

I just edited it :)

#4 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

I don't think you do

#5 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

You don't get an acknowledgement or any follow up, simply because I don't have time.

To clarify this, the reporting function on here is a bit rubbish. I was initially under the impression that comments made on the reports were visible to the person who posted the report, after testing I eventually found that this was not the case. So unfortunately you were not informed of the resolution of your report.

#6 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Ok thanks for that.

So basically, it's a waste of time, as you have no idea what, if anything has been done.

In future any threats against myself, will just be reported to the Police and I'll let them take over.

#7 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Ok thanks for that.

So basically, it's a waste of time, as you have no idea what, if anything has been done.

In future any threats against myself, will just be reported to the Police and I'll let them take over.

Yes, that's exactly what you should have done if you seriously believed that you were being threatened with physical harm.

Be sure to tell them that I will be very happy to assist them with any inquiries that they decide to make.

#8 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Ok thanks for that.

sue the people the company who made i.p boards then

#9 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

sue the people the company who made i.p boards then

Why sue them?

They might make the ip boards, but it's not up to them how owners/admin/mods run it.

#10 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

I assume he means due to the limitations of the software. However I think the "reports" feature is an addon anyway.

#11 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Yes, that's exactly what you should have done if you seriously believed that you were being threatened with physical harm.

Be sure to tell them that I will be very happy to assist them with any inquiries that they decide to make.

Well that's the problem, as you will know if you read the report.

I can't be certain in what way the threat was intended, which is why I asked for clarification in the report I made, which given the circumstances I think I have the right to know what was intended.

The rules state that.....

however we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks

So when such a question is asked, regarding whether or not something was meant as a physical threat, surely the person who has been threatened, has a right to know the answer, for their own peace of mind and sanity.  Presumably, you must have got an answer, for you to have come to some sort of resolution?

#12 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

I assume he means due to the limitations of the software. However I think the "reports" feature is an addon anyway.

The software isn't the problem here, it's how it's being used (or not used) which I'm calling into question.

You've said a few times that there have been few or no reports made, about certain things, so if there are not many, how long would it take to send a reply saying that it's been received?

#13 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

I'll have to get back to you on that, as I'm at work and have limited mobile internet access.

#14 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Ok thanks Alex, no worries.

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

The software isn't the problem here, it's how it's being used (or not used) which I'm calling into question.

You've said a few times that there have been few or no reports made, about certain things, so if there are not many, how long would it take to send a reply saying that it's been received?

I tend to find that there are very few reports until I comment in public that there have been very few reports, at which point a deluge arrive.

Some are spurious or vexatious, and are ignored.

Some do not require immediate action but are kept for reference (and in my memory) in case further action is required in the case of cumulative minor incidents.

Other reports result in action being taken, either some friendly advice or a formal warning. Sometimes warning points are issued, but rarely.

I just don't have time to follow up on every report in person.

At the moment, and with notable exception, the system is almost completely anonymous - however other forums have more transparent systems where actions taken against members are clearly detailed. That system is still an option for the future.

#16 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

So may I ask which catagory my report was put in please?

All I want to know is whether the threat was one of actual harm to myself, or just one of me maybe being banned.

No more, no less.

I don't think for a minute that any action would be taken against the member as it seems, like others in his position, he can do and say whatever he wants, ridicule and bully and it doesn't matter.

I might also add, that it would probably be a good idea for people to pass any PM's they might get of an offensive or derogatory nature, directly to Alex, so that he can see exactly what's going on.

I've been sent copies of 'private' conversations, which have been totally unsolicited on my part, and I find the content disgusting, and totally not what you'd expect to get from people in charge.

Ok maybe I shouldn't have read them, but Christ I'm glad I have, at least now, I KNOW what sort of person I'm dealing with.  I thought some of the stuff said in public was out of order, but those comments are nothing, compared to some of the stuff that's been said in private.

I'm now of the opinion that it's better to say nothing at all on here, that way nothing can be twisted, plus it saves a lot of aggro in the long run.

I used to have a lot of respect for certain people on this site, unfortunately I now have none, and can see why others are of the same mind.

#17 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

Yeah I've been sent copies of conversations too. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

#18 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Not sure how to take that, I wasn't going to 'out' anybody if that's what you mean.

Or if you mean you've have copies sent which I've written, can you send them to me please, as I'm curious what I've said which would cause you to make post such a reply.

#19 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Not sure how to take that, I wasn't going to 'out' anybody if that's what you mean.

Or if you mean you've have copies sent which I've written, can you send them to me please, as I'm curious what I've said which would cause you to make post such a reply.

No, wrong on all counts. Probably best not to draw too many conclusions from what I say, as I'm bound by various constraints that don't apply to others as to what opinions I can air in public.

#20 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Alex I'm.not being funny but if that isn't the biggest red herron.of a statement I don't know what is. My advice I would take some.kind of action before this goes too far. From.what I'm reading YOU are doing nothing about it.

Edited to correct grammer.

Edited by Tommy c, 06 August 2014 - 08:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users