wanted rio mk5pc graphics card

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 graham1971

graham1971

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

hi has anyone got a mk5 graphics card for rio cab they would like to sell me, as cant source one.

its a GeForce gv-nx62tc256d.

none at all on ebay :(

#2 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

Even if you do by the EXACT model off ebay it won't work, It is modified by Barcrest, If you buy one of ebay it will boot in large font with one screen mimicking the other and you will see one large mouse cursor on each screen! not the usual small mouse cursor on one screen, this will ruin your hard drive image as it will be seen as just one screen by the software and adjust the settings accordingly.

I have successfully modified graphic cards to barcrest standard, but currently don't have one to sell, hopefully will do soon but there not cheap! around £35 to £40 mark.

Attached File  graphic card.JPG   80.14KB   0 downloads

new type modified graphic card, works perfectly just as the rare orignal.

please note picture has had contrast altered so you can see the graphic card as it  had bright monitors behind it, monitors have a perfect picture on them, not washed out in the slightest

Edited by andrew96, 19 October 2014 - 10:18 PM.

fruitsmiley.gif

#3 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

Hi could you tell me more in the modification of the card as I have two working ones ... Regards

#4 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

its not a simple process, not something I can give details on really, you need a full smd solder work station and very good eyesight!!!

fruitsmiley.gif

#5 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

Smd rework station is something I'm looking at lol.... Pretty much into that sort of stuff. What chip is it that needs reworking or removing etc etc I'm positive I've had a card from EBAY before that worked ... I have a spare m/b as well.
Oh and cheers for the reply

#6 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

If you had a card that worked off ebay it would have bee one from a mk5 pc being sold! these work in pc's but a pc one won't work in the mk5

fruitsmiley.gif

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

been down this path before. order one from JNC.

#8 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

I was asking for any info on the reworking of the card I just wanted to know what needs to be changed on the card for it to be compatible I have three of the gigabyte cards now, picked one up v cheap the other day. The card that worked must of been a fluke then lol...
I'm very confident in reworking.

#9 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

Sorry but it took me quite a while to work it all out and not something I will just 'give away' If I can work it out then others can too!

fruitsmiley.gif

#10 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

so what u got to loose

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

Andrew, the rio based machines are obsolete. why would you not share the information?

#12 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

so what u got to loose

Countless hours trying and testing, not to mention, no doubt, enough money, failures and stress to drive most people insane.

Why would you expect someone who's spent weeks, months or years on something, to just simply give you all the info when you haven't been here two minutes?

#13 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Andrew, the rio based machines are obsolete. why would you not share the information?

He's been there before, spent money, used his expertise and whatever to make parts from scratch to help collectors out, only to end up getting dumped on from a great height.  I can't say I blame him one bit for not wanting to disclose anything anymore.

It's his patience that's got him where he is today, knowledge wise, and I'm sure, to people he knows he can trust, there would be no problem in helping or advising them.  But to the ones who just want to grab and run, for their own ends, I would imagine it's a very different story.

#14 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

Cheers for that I would of traded a card for some basic info but hey I have two working ones I couldn't give a flying fu***k
I've sent people hard drive images even a actual hard drive for Nout as my machine plays everything for free without the pic chips so after all my hours of tinkering with the file system I was willing to share ... So I'll keep that to my self lol...
So there we go I'm not bothered just thought it would be nice to trade some info ......
Well it might of been the other site I was on ... Similar to this ...LOL
Grab and run lol.... I don't think so

#15 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

It's always very easy to offer things you WERE going to offer, when you've decided you won't bother.

It looks like in the 2 years and 6 posts of your being here, so far you've only asked for things from others, I can't see anything where you actually offered any help to anyone, unless you did so under a different  username.

Would the other site you mentioned be the Mecca, where there's also loads of evidence of you asking for help and parts etc, which you got, but very little where you actually offer things to others?

#16 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Chasnbons I have my people I trust and help, usually they help me first so I can complete my plan them I give them what I know! As for the graphic cards I have 10 here which obviously cost me a lot to buy and modify just on the off chance someone one wants to buy one in the future! so sorry but am NOT releasing the info!! Have barcrest released the MPU5 chr chip code? do bellfruit give there scorpion 4 locked PAL chip info away?,does JPM give there code away on there system 80 14k boards for the PAL chip?,BGT with there locked PAL chips? no I think not! so why would I give away the info! (but if anyone wants a chr or scorp 5 PAL chip or sys 80 pal chip, bgt etc I will of course be able to supply one!). It takes me weeks sometimes and of course lots of money to get places with this stuff and the ones that help me I do try and help them if I get somewhere! As chasnbons said I have been burned before!! regards Andrew

fruitsmiley.gif

#17 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

your 'tinkering with the filesystem' consisted of just loading different versions of the barboot and exec till you found one that worked! The one that does this is not actually for the rio cab and is NOT recommended to be used on the rio cabs as it crashes out the hard drive, but sounds like you have been lucky! so yes your trick IS known about, but it is not down to you 'tinkering with the filesystem', just a bit of luck!, but not recommended!

fruitsmiley.gif

#18 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

Now if you have something WORTH trading like the set of roms for the MPU5 arcade version of the super lineup, then speak up! I would modify all your cards for swaps then!!

fruitsmiley.gif

#19 andrew96

andrew96

• Regulars
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

Thanks ChasnbonsI have my people I trust and help, usually they help me first so I can complete my plan them I give them what I know! As for the graphic cards I have 10 here which obviously cost me a lot to buy and modify just on the off chance someone one wants to buy one in the future! so sorry but am NOT releasing the info!! Have barcrest released the MPU5 chr chip code? do bellfruit give there scorpion 4 locked PAL chip info away?,does JPM give there code away on there system 80 14k boards for the PAL chip?,BGT with there locked PAL chips? no I think not! so why would I give away the info! (but if anyone wants a MPU5 chr or scorp 4 PAL chip or sys 80 pal chip, bgt etc I will of course be able to supply one!). It takes me weeks sometimes and of course lots of money to get places with this stuff and the ones that help me I do try and help them if I get somewhere! As chasnbons said I have been burned before!!regards Andrew

Above corrected as had mistakes like SCORP 5 instead of 4! and cant edit it, so now it makes sense

fruitsmiley.gif

#20 jeffijaffa

jeffijaffa

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

Yawn lol..... Touchy touchy
It's only a fruit machine ............ Life goes on ....

That's 8 posts now . Plus the private messages that u don't see ...
I wish I could spend all my life on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users