- - - - -

Royal mail.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

I like that Dachs. LOL!!!!!! They bought out Securicor Logistics nearly 10 years ago.  Part of Deutches Bundespost (German RM). Schipol Airport is heaving with DHL  trucks. They are the biggest threat to RM, not only in competion, but possibly a rival takeover of RM's assets.

#42 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

We've a dyslexic postman but still a great service still can't see the point off first n second class they both get there in the same time Ive proven it.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#43 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

I did watch on watchdog I think it was ady that RM was getting the dribs and drabs. It is unfair but you know how I feel about royal mail with my rail tickets incident. My mum sent me some rail tickets she sent them special delvery next day before 12pm or 1pm I cant remember. But the tickets where for 3 days later but they never turned up. It took over 2 weeks for them to turn up and all royal mail wanted to do was give me the price of the postage back. I said what about the rail tickets that where inside. They didnt want to know so had to take it further. In the end I got the money for my train tickets back and the price of the postage £7.33 I think. 

Going back to your point ady I think that all the rural locations like the tip of Scotland etc should be covered by all postal services.  

• ady likes this
What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#44 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

No matter how many times i tell the postie (when i see a different one, we have 3 or 4 do our round) that if i expecting a parcel to be delivered and no one is home, leave it at the neighbours, around the rear or at the local post office... This never happens and ends up back at the sorting office for collection.. It can't be that difficult surely? Can it?

#45 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

No matter how many times i tell the postie (when i see a different one, we have 3 or 4 do our round) that if i expecting a parcel to be delivered and no one is home, leave it at the neighbours, around the rear or at the local post office... This never happens and ends up back at the sorting office for collection.. It can't be that difficult surely? Can it?

Send a letter of authorization to the Delivery office Manager with that request, the posties are only following procedure.

It cannot though be left at the local post-office as they are a different enterprise and that's a 'fee payable' service. 

I deffo won't leave stuff if i'm doing a different round (except if I know of a letter)....it don't suit every customer...some have even complained when it has been left!

Also, if it is stolen then you can bet your bottom dollar the recipient won't take the responsibility. 

#46 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

We've a dyslexic postman but still a great service still can't see the point off first n second class they both get there in the same time Ive proven it.

Not always, but often. You couldn't prove it unless you took a large sample and they all came back at the same time.

For me, 1st Class is next day in about 95% of cases, whereas 2nd seems to be next day in about 60% of cases, but almost always within 2 days. Personally, given the price difference, I only use 1st. My customers appreciate it (maybe it's just me, but when I get a letter with 2nd or TNT mail or similar, I assume the business doesn't care about me and is penny-pinching).

• ady likes this
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#47 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Whatever happened to this ?? 

http://www.which.co....ighbour-288572/

Parcelforce leave parcels at the local post office if no-one is home, there is no charge for this service, so why do Royal Mail have to charge for re-delivery ??

I only ever use 2nd Class Recorded service for small items and letters i need to know actually get to their destination.... 1st class is hit and miss whether is is next day.....

Recently i went to the Costa Del Sol, as a joke i sent my old man a postcard, it cost me 60 cents to send it to the uk on the tuesday..... it arrived the thursday.... 60 Cents, how much is that about 40p ish? How much would it cost me to try to send the postcard to the same address in spain? Well a 20 gram postcard would cost me 97p to get there between an estimated 3 and 5 days. Twice the price for a longer delivery time.

Plus, why do i get my daily post between 13.00 and 14.00 most days when the regular postie is on? When a stand in comes on for him, we get it between 9.00 and 10.00

Again, i have no faith in the postal service, they are profiteers and for this profit offer a very poor service in my eyes.I hope that other companies will soon be allowed to deliver mail other than parcels, increasing competition so hopefully the service gets better.

#48 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Again, i have no faith in the postal service, they are profiteers and for this profit offer a very poor service in my eyes.I hope that other companies will soon be allowed to deliver mail other than parcels, increasing competition so hopefully the service gets better.

That's probably down to less postal workers on the streets and one postie doing several rounds. My postie has 3 rounds he said and we are his second which is why we get our mail between 11am and 1pm. His last round get there mail about 3pm. Maybe ady could tell you more about rounds etc as he is a postie. 

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#49 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Royal Mail has always been excellent in my book, Special Delivery is a fantastic service in particular.  Only beaten by DHL, if you want something fast DHL are the best!

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#50 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Royal Mail's door-to-door delivery service........well almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

#51 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Whatever happened to this ?? 

Ask Ofcom they make the rules.

I hope that other companies will soon be allowed to deliver mail other than parcels, increasing competition so hopefully the service gets better.

They can already, but only do to places that make money, ofcom insist we deliver the rest (unfair?)...for a fixed money losing fee....look at the franking on any letter you have.

#52 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

that mistake will cost royal mail a lot of money to put right then

#53 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Just got home, there's a packet delivered by TNT in the foyer of the flat's I live in.

It's addressed to the 2nd floor, they got into the intercom side of my building and then just dumped it........obviously couldn't be arsed to walk 2 flights of steps!!. Even if the door was open (not possible) they didn't make sure it was securely delivered.

I know Hilary, i'd say around the 80 y-o mark, I know she would NOT say leave it there....i'll hop down to get it---as if!

As a Royal Mail employee i'd have gone to the flat who had answered, if they refused, yeah i'd leave a card, at least it's safe.

All that live here ARE honest, but Mr TNT don't know that!

So in my RM gear I took it there, alas she was at home not knowing it was downstairs!

#54 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well at least you do your job the way you were trained mate, i bet not all of RM and other delivery companies do it that way.....

• ady likes this

#55 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

That's what happens when you take your cat to work with you, poor Jess

The Yorkie bars are not on me

#56 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Well at least you do your job the way you were trained mate, i bet not all of RM and other delivery companies do it that way.....

And it's respect to customers...this has proven it bud!

I know i'm drooling on now, originally this thread was intended just to get some feelings, they have been shown...though I have to admit some posters really need to do some homework.

I won't reply anymore, especially as I feel I have nothing to explain.

There are companies, some are good, some are bad....some are expensive, some are cheap....

Thanks for all the input guy's.

#57 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Personally, i have never had a problem with Royal Mail. The RM service is used all of the time by me to receive many items form E-bay, Amazon, Play com, every other day. I haven't had any problems at all. Special & Recorded deliverys have always been spot on! Those who have had problems with the service should just report it to RM's neareast sorting depo and that will sort the problem out as it won't happen again! :)

#58 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

When I used to post out mail every day I found the Royal Mail service to be generally very good. I was fairly certain that the majority of items that were "lost" were due to customer "forgetfulness".

We have a great postman here now, although for a while we went through a series of temporary ones.

#59 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

Sorry to report another royal mail cock up....

Waiting for a parcel.... delivered Friday, no one in so I had a card left to collect it from the depot.... New card says that you can have free redelivery, delivery to a neighbour (why can't the postie use their brain and just leave it with a neighbour instead if taking it back to the depot?), leave your parcel in your safe place or deliver to post office for a small fee.

Anyway, went saturday joined the queue and was told that the parcel hadn't been returned or processed yet. Come back Monday.

Went this morning and there must have been 20+ angry people waiting in the queue, being told any parcels from Thursday, Friday and Saturday had not been processed and they didn't know when they would be as they didn't have the staff to sort them and had been caught out.....

A manager was there trying to find urgent parcels but was fighting a losing battle... people were asking for claim forms to claim the delivery cost back when they get their parcels...

People were being told to try later today or tomorrow to see if they had been processed....

FARCE! !!!!!!!!

It just reiterates to me why I personally never use the mail for parcel delivery!

#60 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

horray!

for the first time in 2 years postie actually put it through the letterbox and not dumped it on the porch matt!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users