Photo
- - - - -

Rules For Premises For Cat D Fruit Machines - Kebab House (Non Alcoholic Premises)

Best Answer aaamusements, 07 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

A gaming permit for kebab house etc is at the local councils discretion and are not normally granted anymore.

They aren't granted for an AWP, full stop. They were specifically outlawed in the Gambling Act 2005, and the Local Authority has no power in the decision in any way.

Any that still remained after the new Act should have been removed by 31st July 2009.

http://www.gamblingc...- July 2009.pdf

Pretty much all the information that is ever needed is on the GC website, it's just extremely difficult to find some of it...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 SourceLeisure

SourceLeisure

• Regulars
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi, 

Strange Request , But We Have Been Approached By A Local Kebab House That Is Interested In A CAT-D Fruity In There Premises (10p Play / £5 JP) 

But Strangely The Gambling Commission Website Dont Mention Any Info On These Types Of Venues. Having These Types Of Machines.

Im Purely Passing Information On To The Owner - He Also Owns A Alcohol Licensed Premises Next Door (Bar) With Cat C Machines

Its Rare We Deal With Cat-D Machines 

We Only Deal With CAT C & B3 Machines 

Ive Googled It And Well Its Not Providing Straight Forward Answers.

So Am Here For Answers :) - Saddly They Keep Changing The Rules & Not Caught Up With Cat D Rules (No Need For Them)

#2 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

I'm sure you can't put machines in cafes, takeaways or restaurants... I'm also sure I've seen it on the gambling commission website...

As for the bar though, that's an easy answer but don't think you can link them

Although I'm no expert
As for Cat D, I'm sure the only difference is that you don't pay tax. I think that's the only difference in the rules

#3 SourceLeisure

SourceLeisure

• Regulars
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I Know There Are No Rules To SWP In These Premises IE (Skill Machines) Ie Paragon TT Touch Games Ect 

#4 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

there is no 5 quid machines allowed at all

only quizzers

#5 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Pretty much anything like a take-away, cafe etc, are NOT permitted ANY AWP machines, unless said premises are licensed to sell alcohol (There is an entitlement automatically granted by way of an alcohol licence), though as to how many machines are permitted in this way, I am not sure.

#6 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

illegal siting of gaming machines - a quick guide for small businesses

It's worth noting that by my understanding of the law it doesn't mean that a takeaway that just has a license for off-sales of alcohol automatically gets the right to have an AWP fruit machine - because if you followed that logic then pretty much every corner shop would be allowed to have one too...

:no:

#7 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

its been nearly 3 years since I have seen a machine in a kebab shop I have plenty of run in as they hated me

1. had a 124 quid bank on a 25 quid relvoller and it paid it all

2. got a small run on a 5r monopoly and got kicked off the machine because it gave me 2 I.m boards lol

3. the machines got changed quick when I kepted hammering them lol

#8 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

jesus Christ.

when you say `we` as in the company, why the hell are you asking a forum?  its plain and simply that unless your an arcade or a (by definition) public house, you will NOT be siting a fruit machine.

source leisure - im sure your a really nice bloke, but you do post questions I would expect from a 5 year old.

• spa likes this

#9 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

but does s leisure actually have a lincence to site a machine

#10 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

my canteen at work (Supermarket) has a club Rocky 10p play £150 jackpot, is this illegal or as we are licensed to sale alcohol can we get away with it. 

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

It is to stop little kiddies gambling their mother's chippy money in them, but why are takeaways still allowed them shitty skill type machines and also I've noticed kids can't gamble on £25+ bit in arcades they've got them £50jp skillball bingo machine's. My answer to both questions is, no body actually wins more than a fiver on them machine's.
Has anybody on here actually won a full house or reached the jp on them skill machine's hardly any probably!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#12 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

The one and only time I've ever seen anybody get a full house on Skillball Bingo, was a few years ago in the amusements on Havens Cala Gran site near Blackpool.  It was a lad of about 10 or 11 years of age, and the look on his face when it was paying the 50 quid out, was only bettered by the look on a staff members face, as the lad grabbed the coins and ran off back into the bar area.

He returned shortly aftwerwards with parents in tow, telling them.... 'it was that one, it was that one'.

His mother obviously didn't believe him as she asked us if he'd just won on it or not.  I'm sure she thought he'd nicked the money from somewhere.  After getting confirmation the he had indeed just dropped the £50 from it, she promptly took all but a fiver off him, saying that she would 'look after the rest' for him, to which his reply was, 'that's not fair cos you'll just spend it on beer!'

#13 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Still a Del's Millions fruity in the Chippy in Eastenders  :jimlad:

Edited by Johnnyafc, 06 June 2014 - 01:07 PM.

Posted Image

#14 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Phone the GC and drop Beale in the shit surprising the chippies not a Kebab shop by now ran by Turks, come. on enders get with the Times so late 80's LOL.

Edited by vectra666, 06 June 2014 - 02:10 PM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

my canteen at work (Supermarket) has a club Rocky 10p play £150 jackpot, is this illegal or as we are licensed to sale alcohol can we get away with it. 

Fairly certain they are breaking the law. The license needs to be one that covers the consumption of alcohol on the premises - it would be very unusual for a supermarket to have that type of license.

Found it. The Gambling Act 2005 defines Alcohol Licensed Premises thus:

Alcohol licensed premises
are premises where there is an ‘on-premises alcohol licence’.
The Act applies to premises which have a bar and where there is no requirement that alcohol
is only served with food, that is, the premises should be dedicated bar premises as opposed

to restaurant type premises.

#16 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

A gaming permit for kebab house etc is at the local councils discretion and are not normally granted anymore.

#17 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:02 AM   Best Answer

They aren't granted for an AWP, full stop. They were specifically outlawed in the Gambling Act 2005, and the Local Authority has no power in the decision in any way.

Any that still remained after the new Act should have been removed by 31st July 2009.

http://www.gamblingc...- July 2009.pdf

Pretty much all the information that is ever needed is on the GC website, it's just extremely difficult to find some of it...

#18 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

perhaps not illegal, if the canteen has a secretary and a chairman then it could be classed as a club?

I disagree though im not 100% myself, but aside the councils decision, the gambling commission would never allow kebab houses/taxi offices. infact ive had many gaming commission mailers informing me of successful raids on the like of taxi offices and chips shops.

#19 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Was a while ago, since my mates arcade had machines on site, few kebab shops etc about 1997 lol, but it was hard to get a gaming permit for the buildings back then and was down to the council who granted them.

My knowledge is out dated though.

Edited by richy1976, 08 June 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#20 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I still can't believe that the GC have made no efforts to clamp down on the 'SWPS' in circulation.

We all know that they are rigged, and have abysmal payout percentages, but IMHO they need to sort out the whole 'skill with prizes' category and scrap all these machines which entice children and are (in my opinion) far more dangerous than the old AWPS.

Why? Well, for a start, they claim to be games of skill - which isn't the case. Secondly, the jackpot has increased ten-fold. Thirdly, the payout percentage is now less than half of what is was before (30% vs 70%).

So - in order to protect children from gambling, they are enticing them that the games are skill (and why wouldn't children believe them when it's on a bloody sticker?!?), offering them ten times bigger - but practically unachievable jackpots at absolutely disgusting odds which wouldn't be allowed in any other form of electronic gambling (not including sports betting).

It's this kind of disgust at the industry / GC which is fueling my desire to never gamble again, and while I take issue with many aspects of the gaming industry in this country, the rise of these so-called SWPs is disgusting. Even if most children do realise quite how bent they are straight away, they are still preying on the vulnerable who can't understand that 'games of skill' involve NO skill.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users