No replies to this topic

#1 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

It is with great sadness that I have to report that Daryl has made the decision to retire from Fruit-Emu, as well as from other internet forums in general.

This decision is not related to any specific incident or member, and any such speculation will not be helpful. As many of you know, Daryl has issues which in real life means that he needs to spend time and energy looking after both himself and his family, and this must take precedence as the things that really matter - and are more relevant and important to his life than other things have become. Although I know that this has been a very difficult decision for him to make I can recognise that is is a logical and necessary step for him.

As part of the furniture here for more than 10 years, his contributions to the site and the wider scene both as a member and then as a moderator are inestimable, and he will be very much missed. I'm certain that we can all agree that the place will never be the same without him and that his legacy will be one that is enduring.

Some of you will be able to keep in touch with him via Facebook, which he insists he will not be leaving any time soon - I will be keeping up to date with him myself on there as he is a valued friend to me, and I hope that will continue long into the future...

I will leave you with a few words from the man himself:

I've made some lovely friends here over the years... they will hopefully remain so - and I've also made some enemies, no doubt they will sigh a breath of relief at the news, but either way, I really do hope that in some way or another I will have left my mark upon the FME community, and here in particular.

Love you guys - bye :)

Daryl x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users