Missing thread

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'm sure you'd do a much better job Phil, you've proven yourself to be exceptional at making friends on the Mecca over the years.

I'm sure I detect a hint of sarcasm here, but do I care...... NO!  I could never do a better job, and I wouldn't want to try, it isn't worth the hassel to me.  People either like me or hate me, but there's one thing which applies to both sides, I'm open and honest and if I have something to say, then I say it, be it good bad or indifferent, at least that way, people know where they stand with me.

Let's remember that you are allowed to say whatever you want to on here, whereas I still have to be diplomatic. That's much more difficult than pretending I know all the answers telling everybody how everything is wrong and nothing is being done about it.

People might be able to say what they want on here, but it looks more and more like, if what you say isn't agreed with by staff members then the threads containing the offending posts are banished to here, it took me ages to find this today, as I keep forgetting about the 'abyss'

Finally, (and I won't be replying to any more messages, unless they contain factual inaccuracies that need to be corrected), Ok no worries

all content that was removed has been reinstated, not there was much to put back. It's not necessarily in the same thread format but it's all there exactly as it was written.

A general point to all - I see a lot of posts objecting to post content but the number of reported posts is often nil. There is a clear process and it isn't being used.

Maybe this is because people with nothing to hide, prefer to let others see what they are asking, rather than do things in secret via a pm?

#62 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Right well i want to see proof,or can the reel slim shady shit stirrer please stand up :err: obviously someone has been stirring shit to go running to ady about it or who ever else.@ aaamusements i'm on about abyssing this thread were it will get minimal views,so once again it's stopping people having a pov. Threads never get locked on here now all of a sudden it's every other day,i mean come on wtf it's a forum NOT a business.

I didn't move it here, however I don't really see a problem with the location. I just use the "view new content" button and it shows me a list of updated threads, in any section.

Second point, it's both a forum and a business. If it isn't run as a business to some extent then the hosting doesn't get paid and the domain expires.

#63 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

I just use the "view new content" button and it shows me a list of updated threads, in any section.

Thanks for that info, I was just relying on new posts showing on the main page like I've always done, it would have saved me loads of time if I'd reslised.

#64 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

Right well as far as im concerned it's just hear say and slander,bullying if you like.YOU ARE ALL BLAMING VECTRA for this but i have seen baiting posts in threads and little jibes were it's not needed,But yet again it's the little has been click who think any new comer should bow down and comply.Just like when i and bruce opened are own little forum,none of the old school liked it and did what they could to f.uck it over and get rid.I mean even creating a layout designer account to upload my layouts here,remember posterbot what a load of bollocks.I ain't carrying anything on,I've been working hard so this is a day off were i can catch up on whats been going on.

I'm personally not blaming anyone for anything.  I'm only trying to explain why you can't see the proof you think you are entitled to see.  I've seen some PMs and can verify the nasty nature in their content so as far as I'm concerned it's not 'hearsay' as you put it.  I also have a lot of respect for the two members I referred to as 'victims' and have known them on and off line for over 10 years now.  I have more than enough reason to believe them when they tell me something.

As far as Vectra goes I personally have had no 'beefs' with the guy.  I do remember him getting into a spot of bother at DADsFME many years ago regarding 'stolen' layouts but then he did not frequent there much and for reasons previously stated I did not visit here that much.  I had DADsFME/IRC and that is all I really needed FME wise.

I'm not sure who the 'has been' clique is you refer to, and not sure if you mean me in that.  I can't comment on Bruce and your website or what happened with it because I do not know.

#65 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

Well ok i'll leave it there,you have your pov and i have mine,and it won't change until i see something with my own eyes :D No i was not referring to you in my post,if i was I'd have put geddy your an has been :D .

I would just like to point out in this thread i had no problem what so ever with daryl,never had.He will be missed around here,he has been a total gent throughout the forums i have visited over the years.He always seemed to be a genuine upfront guy,so i wish him all the best.This would have been posted in his thread if it hadn't been moved Anyalized  and picked apart!! So i can't be bothered hunting about for it.

#66 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

A general point to all - I see a lot of posts objecting to post content but the number of reported posts is often nil. There is a clear process and it isn't being used.

Well the last report I made hasn't even been acknowledged yet, so I assumed you are either inundated with reports and I am in a holding queue, which could have been likely looking at the recent posts on the site, or the reporting system had failed. As you have now confirmed neither is the case I will use it whenever necessary, if you are willing to confirm such actions won't just fall down the gaping crevice like the last time. And stick around, because there might be a report later in this post, but owing to technical reasons I cannot use the report button for this one.

Right folks...... reason why some of us are pretty narked at some members yet there seams to be little public info as to exactly what went off, is almost all of this harassment / abusive behaviour, was performed via PM and off-site, and unfortunately at the time (Majority of this happened before Alex took over the site and myself became mod), it was felt rather than kicking the perps off-site, was to just let them get on with it to blow off steam, which we are now finding was a huge mistake!

If some of the alleged harassment and abusive behaviour took place off-site then a) why is it being dealt with here and b) why can the evidence not be produced. I am sorry but this just does not cut it with me. As to the PM angle, may I suggest that there is an excellent feature called the block button. What it does is, it stops PMs coming through from anyone you don't want to receive PMs from. Blocks have been around on forums for ages and I am surprised you and the other "victims" of these alleged actions haven't heard of them. Try it.

However, these same persons are continuing on with their subversive and abusive behaviour, in an attempt to destabilise these forums, and to attempt to control the site for whatever reasons it maybe.

Are you delusional? Subversive behaviour, abusive behaviour. In what sense? How is the forum being destabilised. I thought it had got better recently, then out of the blue, what was it, 3 days ago, Ady just posted publically a massive dig at Vectra for no reason I could see, nor anyone else. Perhaps you or he could explain what the trigger was for that post, because that is the only destabilisation I have seen and it came from an admin. This sort of behaviour I have seen before over at FF, remember renaming Rogue as Vague because it was felt that he treated certain sections of the community differently to others . That is exactly what is going on here, only this time it is you doing the bidding.

As to attempting to gain control of the site, can I remind something you appear to have fogotten. The site was up for sale a few months ago. Had I wanted it, I could have bought the bloody thing.

If I was to provide full information of these PM's, then I would be in breach of users privacy, so as such, I and indeed the rest of the staff, can not and will not publicly disclose these PM's!

Yes, the PM point. Alex pay attention here. I am fairly certain that PMs have been shared between the staff. Geddy admitted it earlier in a post. Who shared it with him? More proof. Certainly. I received a PM from Vectra back in March. He was livid over the contents and couldn't believe his eyes when he read it. I was shocked too. A number of other people also received that PM from Vectra, but only 1 of the recipients woud have disclosed its contents back to you. So welcome to the party the person who shared lunch with you and Daryl last week, Banditboy. Alex a report of BB for sharing the contents of PMs. In case there was more than 1 to which I am not party to, it is the one headed up, is he taking the piss.

And it is wrong to disclose any PM, never mind the publically bit, just to correct some misinformation there.

I have news for these very persons as I posted not long back...... what you got away with in days of old, you will no longer get away with any more!..... this site is ran and operated for the benefit of the MAJORITY of users, and the staff will no longer tolerate any abusive and subversive behaviour from these persons.

I have news for the staff here. I will not tolerate bullying and will report every instance I see. I will not tolerate any rule breaking from the staff, such as trolling. Any instance I see I will report it and I urge other members to do likewise.

Myself, I am an IRC chat veteran of over twelve years (Even co-host a network right now whom are associated with Social Blade), and also worked on some pretty big forums, such like LPSG, and the official South Park Studios BBS, and trust me in that you will not be able to run me out of town any time soon, as I am well used to the methods people use to run folks off such sites they just simply do not like.

Ooh CVs. Mine. Well I spent 15 years as a union branch leader and would daily have to deal with staff being bullied by management in real life. None of this Internet schmizzle, which to be honest means feck all, this was people's jobs and careers on the line. Also I have legal qualifications too, so love a good wordy battle on points of law and rules. Always standing up for the put upon and the little guy, that's me.

So I guess we both know where we stand now eh. It is quite simple. The Vectra bashing stops and I stop. I only start when it starts.

bj

#67 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Well the last report I made hasn't even been acknowledged yet, so I assumed you are either inundated with reports and I am in a holding queue, which could have been likely looking at the recent posts on the site, or the reporting system had failed. As you have now confirmed neither is the case I will use it whenever necessary, if you are willing to confirm such actions won't just fall down the gaping crevice like the last time. And stick around, because there might be a report later in this post, but owing to technical reasons I cannot use the report button for this one.

If some of the alleged harassment and abusive behaviour took place off-site then a) why is it being dealt with here and b) why can the evidence not be produced. I am sorry but this just does not cut it with me. As to the PM angle, may I suggest that there is an excellent feature called the block button. What it does is, it stops PMs coming through from anyone you don't want to receive PMs from. Blocks have been around on forums for ages and I am surprised you and the other "victims" of these alleged actions haven't heard of them. Try it.

Are you delusional? Subversive behaviour, abusive behaviour. In what sense? How is the forum being destabilised. I thought it had got better recently, then out of the blue, what was it, 3 days ago, Ady just posted publically a massive dig at Vectra for no reason I could see, nor anyone else. Perhaps you or he could explain what the trigger was for that post, because that is the only destabilisation I have seen and it came from an admin. This sort of behaviour I have seen before over at FF, remember renaming Rogue as Vague because it was felt that he treated certain sections of the community differently to others . That is exactly what is going on here, only this time it is you doing the bidding.
As to attempting to gain control of the site, can I remind something you appear to have fogotten. The site was up for sale a few months ago. Had I wanted it, I could have bought the bloody thing.

Yes, the PM point. Alex pay attention here. I am fairly certain that PMs have been shared between the staff. Geddy admitted it earlier in a post. Who shared it with him? More proof. Certainly. I received a PM from Vectra back in March. He was livid over the contents and couldn't believe his eyes when he read it. I was shocked too. A number of other people also received that PM from Vectra, but only 1 of the recipients woud have disclosed its contents back to you. So welcome to the party the person who shared lunch with you and Daryl last week, Banditboy. Alex a report of BB for sharing the contents of PMs. In case there was more than 1 to which I am not party to, it is the one headed up, is he taking the piss.
And it is wrong to disclose any PM, never mind the publically bit, just to correct some misinformation there.

I have news for the staff here. I will not tolerate bullying and will report every instance I see. I will not tolerate any rule breaking from the staff, such as trolling. Any instance I see I will report it and I urge other members to do likewise.

Ooh CVs. Mine. Well I spent 15 years as a union branch leader and would daily have to deal with staff being bullied by management in real life. None of this Internet schmizzle, which to be honest means feck all, this was people's jobs and careers on the line. Also I have legal qualifications too, so love a good wordy battle on points of law and rules. Always standing up for the put upon and the little guy, that's me.
So I guess we both know where we stand now eh. It is quite simple. The Vectra bashing stops and I stop. I only start when it starts.
bj

I can confirm that I never saw a report from you, but I will recheck through them.
If it arrived anytime in the past couple of months it could well have passed me by due to my unusual work patterns.

As to the rest, when proof is received I will act on it - as far as I am able to within the terms that I agreed to when I agreed the acquisition of the site.

#68 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Like I said before a lot of the 'naughtiness' got posted to the shout box and that is gone.  Not sure if anyone has a backup of that..... hence we can't have any 'proof.' :(

#69 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

Like I said before a lot of the 'naughtiness' got posted to the shout box and that is gone.  Not sure if anyone has a backup of that..... hence we can't have any 'proof.' :(

If people are still twisted about posts to the shout box then that is absurd. I don't know exactly when it disappeared, but I would wager it is over 18 months. Seriously people, get a grip.

bj

EDIT just to say I would have lost my bet. It closed mid September last year, so only 8 months ago. Still, get over it people.

Edited by barcrest junky, 27 May 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#70 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Bj thats why i told vectra not to share pm's with BB as it was obvious he would go and show em to stanmarsh.So now we know were the shit hitting the fan has come from.So were i'm standing vectra isn't the trouble causer her, it's banditboy,for sharing pm's with staff. Anyhow like i said above i'll leave it there afaic,i don't know why vectra hasn't had his say in this thread,theres no way i would let anyone rip me like he has been in this thread.

Edited by Tommy c, 26 May 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#71 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Heh, I could have mentioned my own rep experience of over the years, to my Health and Safety rep duties, to my harassment case with Boots The Chemists which I suffered a major breakdown from (As some members close to me already know), but I wanted to stay relevant, and not come across as some childish little brat with issues :)

bj

#72 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Bj thats why i told vectra not to share pm's with BB as it was obvious he would go and show em to stanmarsh.So now we know were the shit hitting the fan has come from.So were i'm standing vectra isn't the trouble causer her, it's banditboy,for sharing pm's with staff. Anyhow like i said above i'll leave it there afaic,i don't know why vectra hasn't had his say in this thread,theres no way i would let anyone rip me like he has been in this thread.

Simple solution here...... got any proof of this, as apart from sorting a few bits out for him concerning ATOS, visiting Daryl (Highly recommend the Toby Carvery near him, cracking place) and myself with a trip to Chuzzy's thrown in, and arrangements for Jaybe's funeral (Phil the lucky sod was £50 up after the events with all of his travel etc paid for too, lucky sod!), I've got no idea of your little groups inner working etc as you suggest, as in any case as Phil knows, it's pretty much the same rule that applies from earlier I mentioned, when your group was screaming for "proof" as you called it, in that it's a sanctional / bannable offence if this happened unless all parties involved give permission for this to happen, and in any case I would not let him.

Whilst I am on the subject of sharing PM's....... I could have a go at Vec's for sharing that last one I sent from the staff, but chose not too at the time, as I did expect to a point it would be made public to your group, and certanaly to help Vec's, it's probs not a bad idea anyway..... forgive a guy who is trying to find out if there is some underlying problem which may explain his behaviour, instead he gets marked as a bully for trying to do the right thing, as we generally do for those who maybe at some sort of disadvantage on the forums, like we do for Phil, and Markie who is well known at fruit forums.

#73 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

that complete bull I have never shared any of my pms so give me proof please

#74 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

what can I do right as I have enough of the bull crap to last me a life time

#75 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Just for the record, I'd like to state that I am not a member of any 'group'.

Anything I have written has always been and always will be, my own personal opinions, which I have come to after reading and witnessing things for myself.

Since all this crap started happening, I have sent nor received zero pm's reagrding anything to do with any of it (this can easily be checked my any staff member)  The last one I sent was to prestonio on the 11th of May and had nothing more than a pdf manual in it.

I will think long and hard in future over sending any pm's here, as tbh I simply don't believe anymore, that they won't be looked at by other people.  Sorry if this offends you Alex, but I now consider it not worth the risk.  Hopefully I'm totally wrong here, but I'm not prepared to take any chances at the moment.

I'd also like to add, that neither have I had, any contact via other mediums, regarding anything to do with this or any other site, although if I had, it should have no bearing whatsoever on my membership here.

Also can someone please tell me where in the rules it states that.....

Quote....

it's pretty much the same rule that applies from earlier I mentioned, when your group was screaming for "proof" as you called it, in that it's a sanctional / bannable offence if this happened unless all parties involved give permission for this to happen, and in any case I would not let him.

Whilst I am on the subject of sharing PM's....... I could have a go at Vec's for sharing that last one I sent from the staff, but chose not too at the time, as I did expect to a point it would be made public to your group.

I've looked on the 'rules' page and although sharing pm's may not be acceptible or ethical to some people, it actually says nothing remotely similar to what your staff member has posted about it, in fact it says NOTHING about sharing pm's, actually nothing regarding pm's at all, as far as I can see.

Is there another page of rules that I've missed other than this one here?

http://www.fruit-emu...tion=boardrules

#76 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

no pms are never viewed only by the person sending them and person receiving them

and I have never send any copys of other peoples pms to other people I wouldn't do that never

I have a rough time remember 5 email address login information

3 facebook accounts [which are on lock down anyway only viewable to a select few]

my jackpotty account -mecca-reelfruits

3 mobile phone numbers

and my doctors accounts

I am so f u c k e d off with all the cheap shots when I have done f u c k all wrong

Edited by banditboy2006, 27 May 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#77 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

i am sorry for going off on one but i have bit my tongue for too many years and just let other people win but theres only so much i can take

#78 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Simple solution here...... got any proof of this, as apart from sorting a few bits out for him concerning ATOS, visiting Daryl (Highly recommend the Toby Carvery near him, cracking place) and myself with a trip to Chuzzy's thrown in, and arrangements for Jaybe's funeral (Phil the lucky sod was £50 up after the events with all of his travel etc paid for too, lucky sod!), I've got no idea of your little groups inner working etc as you suggest, as in any case as Phil knows, it's pretty much the same rule that applies from earlier I mentioned, when your group was screaming for "proof" as you called it, in that it's a sanctional / bannable offence if this happened unless all parties involved give permission for this to happen, and in any case I would not let him.

Whilst I am on the subject of sharing PM's....... I could have a go at Vec's for sharing that last one I sent from the staff, but chose not too at the time, as I did expect to a point it would be made public to your group..... forgive a guy who is trying to find out if there is some underlying problem, instead he gets marked as a bully for trying to do the right thing, as we generaly do for those who maybe at some sort of disadvantage on the forums, like we do for Phil, and Markie who is well known at fruit forums.

Group? i ain't in no group nor do i need to be,i can wipe my own backside thanks.Well look there was no one else who knew apart from the people the pm was shared with,If i remember correctly the pm wasn't shared to be malice,it was to ask neutral members for advice. Imo i can't see any of the other running to you to show the pm and the responses in it.

As phil/aka chasnbons says above this makes me feel really creepy that staff/admin can read pm's very dodgy indeed :D

Edited by Tommy c, 27 May 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#79 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Just for the record, I'd like to state that I am not a member of any 'group'.

Anything I have written has always been and always will be, my own personal opinions, which I have come to after reading and witnessing things for myself.

Since all this crap started happening, I have sent nor received zero pm's reagrding anything to do with any of it (this can easily be checked my any staff member)  The last one I sent was to prestonio on the 11th of May and had nothing more than a pdf manual in it.

I will think long and hard in future over sending any pm's here, as tbh I simply don't believe anymore, that they won't be looked at by other people.  Sorry if this offends you Alex, but I now consider it not worth the risk.  Hopefully I'm totally wrong here, but I'm not prepared to take any chances at the moment.

I'd also like to add, that neither have I had, any contact via other mediums, regarding anything to do with this or any other site, although if I had, it should have no bearing whatsoever on my membership here.

Also can someone please tell me where in the rules it states that.....

Quote....

it's pretty much the same rule that applies from earlier I mentioned, when your group was screaming for "proof" as you called it, in that it's a sanctional / bannable offence if this happened unless all parties involved give permission for this to happen, and in any case I would not let him.

Whilst I am on the subject of sharing PM's....... I could have a go at Vec's for sharing that last one I sent from the staff, but chose not too at the time, as I did expect to a point it would be made public to your group.

I've looked on the 'rules' page and although sharing pm's may not be acceptible or ethical to some people, it actually says nothing remotely similar to what your staff member has posted about it, in fact it says NOTHING about sharing pm's, actually nothing regarding pm's at all, as far as I can see.

Is there another page of rules that I've missed other than this one here?

http://www.fruit-emu...tion=boardrules

Just to add to this...... the only access to read PM's from another person in the manor you are sort of suggesting other than having that users username / pass, is with a FULL ADMIN (NOT MODERATOR) account (Far as I am aware, only Alex has this ability as owner), and even then, all actions like this are automatically logged on the server.

Also to re-state what Alex said previously, he has not and will not ever perform such an action himself, certanaly not without being served a legal notice.

#80 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sorry but I feel no better about things after reading your reply.

Obviously 'something' has gone on 'somewhere' for all this to have got to the place it has.

I notice that there was no response regarding another 'rules' page, so I take it there is only the one page, which doesn't make any mention of rules regarding pm's, and certainly has no mention of it being a sanctionable or bannable offence.

I personally have never had a problem with disclosing certain content sent to me via a 'personal message' if it is info which I think people should be aware of, not to shit stir in any way, but to warn people if they maybe taking a risk regarding dealing with someone, or if  stops someone from getting ripped off etc etc.  In fact such info has been passed on to certain staff members here, by me, before they ever became staff members, and not once from anyone who has received any info, has anyone said that they wouldn't read it and that I shouldn't have sent it to them.

They are usually grateful at being warned, a prime example of this, was the fiasco with the guy who ripped jamespelhamjr off (I can't be arsed listing all his usernames, but you know who I mean), both here and over at the Mecca, people were grateful at being warned about him.

After all, if someone irl warned you in confidence, that some bloke was, let's say a convicted rapist, and you found out that your sister was oblivious to this fact, and she was planning on marrying him, don't tell me that no matter how much you'd been sworn to secrecy, you wouldn't tell her about him.

I realise that this analogy is a bit extreme, but you surely get where I'm coming from, sometimes people have the right to know what they are dealing with, no matter how much of a confidence it breaks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users