Photo
- - - - -

Touch Screen All-In-One, Megatouch, itbox, quiz machine help.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simmymma

simmymma

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi,

Im a new poster looking for some advice hopefully. Ive recently aquired an all-in-one touchscreen PC running windows 7 (thinking of moving to windows 8). Im  looking to use it for all media use (TV, Movie streaming,installing a jukebox program) but what im stuck on are the megatouch/itbox/swp quiz machine games.

Ive downloaded both the 37 SWP Game Torrent thats going about and all of the touch roms/emulators/files from http://reproserv.no-ip.org/forum.ghp, and can play them no problem with the required emulators, but ive learned of a "Front End" program called SimpleTouch FE, which would make it easier for my family to access and play the games, yet every time I try to add agmes I get errors.

I keep hearing about MAME, but ive never had any experience with it and it seems alot more vast than just these touch screen quiz games, and Ive no experience coding, but I was hoping that someone could at least point me in the right direction regarding my dilema, im missing something but just cant see it.

Anyways im looking forward to your reply,

Cheers, Dean

#2 Paolo

Paolo

• New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hiya

I've been beavering away for a while on just this project and got simple touch fe working ok. Only problem is the program is quite buggy and I don't think it's being developed anymore.

To give you some advice if you are setting up screens of games then don't bother using the attract videos you can find in the game files- stick to a screen shot as using too many videos causes loads of problems- videos transfer to other boxes, game parameters are wiped etc. No idea why this is.

You need to use the simple touch fe config program to set it all up.It's dead straightforward so I'll give you an example:

game display name- 1vs100

game executable: c:\ (or wherever you path is) 1vs100.exe

Parameters- leave blank you don't need it

Pre game executable: C:\ (or whatever your path is) itbxserv.exe

then stick a screenshot in the box for image 

repeat for all games just be aware that some use itbxserv, some will work with itbox inde dual server and the odd ones need itbox emu (the original one)

You can test them as you go along as well which is great. some games will need sonar and I've got a screen of those grouped together to remind me. Others you can use a program to get the mouse cursor showing and instructions are on here somewhere.

One thing I've found is that some of the games you can find on here eg fantasy football and bejeweled 2 get their audio distorted a bit when you run them through simple touch. Again- I think that's just a compatibility bug although they are perfectly playable otherwise.

I'm still running ancient windows xp so maybe you need to run in compatibility mode?

Oh and if anyone is reading and they have got old pints make prizes game any chance of a pm or post as it's one of my fave games and don't think it ever got posted

#3 richardh754

richardh754

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

I have never got The Cystal Maze to work, on Windows 7 64??

#4 matty_g_8

matty_g_8

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

Is there a list of what games need what emu to run them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users