MAME SC4 Updates over the last few days

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Well seeing as the section as gone, not sure where to put this, but Haze has been doing sc4 stuff over the last few days.

http://git.redump.ne...thor&q=dhaywood

NQ.

#2 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

It's a fair point. The new layout is still being tweaked at the moment so we can look into putting something back in for MFME in MAME, as it's apparently still alive and kicking vaguely...

Perhaps as a subsection of this one...

#3 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Had a bit of a play, Haze has changed about 10,000 lines of code in the sc4 driver recently.

Way above my level to understand what.  Still, had a quick play of DOND, bloody difficult without a proper layout, but doable.  :)

NQ.

Edited by niallquinn, 03 May 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#4 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

And so the fuse reignites. Well spotted NQ.

bj

#5 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Well slap me with a fish and call me Wanda!  :bigeyes19:

The MAME for MFME section was purposely changed because of the infighting that was taking place over there, and the woefully slow progress that was happening with MFME. Then bugger me, within a few days of doing a makeover, they spring back to life!

I hope it isn't a Wizard-style 'look what you might get' thread - because to be honest the lack of progress within MAME for the MFME emulator was one of the prime reasons we decided to put Amber in the new layout design!

Bloody typical... well I personally think that until something concrete comes along with MFME in MAME, that it can just be continued to be put here in the 'Other Emulation' section, as I personally don't think it warrants its own category back for the time being.

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#6 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

I bet most s2 run in mame just we only have one layout for it that being dr who.

#7 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Is there any reason why this thread doesn't show up in Latest News or Latest News From The Forums?

Not a dig, but I keep missing the odd releases because it isn't in Latest News From The Forums.

Also where's TGA's Mame Sphinx thread gone?  That's the same, never appearest in Latest News From The Forums.

Thanks,

NQ.

#8 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

I bet most s2 run in mame just we only have one layout for it that being dr who.

Correct.  Only about 2 people know how to do layouts.  El C etc, although wasn't he working on a layout creator once the driver had settled down....same as sc4 etc.?y

Or we could wait for more bullshit from DS and "his imaginery team" to provide the all singing and dancing BFMulator, that does 83, 85, sc1-5 etc......................Hands up if you think it'll never happen?  Ah yes, I'm proven correct yet again.  Bit like the sys83 roms, 3 days late now...............

NQ.

#9 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

@Daryl, with mame you're sort of missing the point, the aim is to emulate every cpu and other chip perfectly, the fact you can play games is nothing to do with the mamedevs.  Hence there's parts of mame that we may be interested in, for FME purposes, that piss on what we currently have, but nobody can be bothered or know how to do a layout.  It just goes to show the power of the MFME tools.  Noobdy has come close for the average chump, ie me, to create a layout in their emulator.  JPEmu, nope didn't get that.  BFMulator, yeah one massive script with each file.  Amber, I've only manged to replicate other peoples layouts that were already done in MFME.  MFME, yep could do a classic easily enough.  Jons/Nicks Epoch and other techs emu, we shall see.

NQ.

#10 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

Is there any reason why this thread doesn't show up in Latest News or Latest News From The Forums?

Not a dig, but I keep missing the odd releases because it isn't in Latest News From The Forums.

Also where's TGA's Mame Sphinx thread gone?  That's the same, never appearest in Latest News From The Forums.

Thanks,

NQ.

Due to recent layout changes I think. It should all be sorted out in time.
No content has been removed, but it might temporarily be more difficult to find...

#11 tga

tga

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

The threads still there, im going to update it soon..... things have been terribly slow my end :/ i have a little present though, been messing with mame a lot recently, have a nice mame.ini to enable hlsl and turn the video output into total nostalgic mode.  i'l post it later today,  As for EC stuff, i havnt checked out the source and need to look into moving the reels to 48 rather than the custom 200 thats in there.  i'l dif up the thread and try and stay a bit more active, i have some time for FM emu again at the moment, see if i can get a bit more done.

TGA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users