37 replies to this topic

#1 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'll have them wednesday.

The rest is in reverse order as I CBA, but unedited what was discussed.

Bye

Subject: RE: Sys83

Will do

im going to watch crap on netflix anyhow. talking in the morning mate.

Subject: RE: Sys83

remove all email and time etc, as can find from time zone.

ill stick em on the array with the rest, I think they will see though him. give it a week he will want money.

I might post this, as I said I would try, okay with you?

Dont share them. ill send to you but dont put on internet yet.

Almost. he isnt but as over there when we still posted

The american?

Am I f***, remeber Andrew Tutton? its his game now.

hahahaha when you here we will go and relax in the city. So you coding with them now?

Thought you would never ask....... :)

In post for you tomorrow. need anything else?

Yeah, maybe I should have even bothered to download it and look as not a newbie coder to convert that pile of shit to something useable.

IF he did it from BC then hard job. Been beter to steal fresh from MAME and start again.

Someone has ripped MFME to I think a visual C version, no other info as couldnt care less. I didnt even know it was re-re;eased in a more modern language tbh, unless some  kid called gliter did it 

Esszi is louder than my PC.... what you uploading for anyway?

Hell f*****g no lol. Its a dead tech so I was going to upload to usenet over night means a a liquid I7 is silent so I can leave ito n all night unlike you :p

somewhere why? You going to fix overrun out?

Did you keep the DVD with the SYS83 on? as I can't find it

(Andy, reverse order means read from the bottom mate)

#2 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Wow, you really wanted these ROMS didnt you lol.

#3 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

I don't think Guitar is online, and you original post was directed at him in particular, hence probably why no one has posted a response.

Thank you for the generous offer a set of Sys83 ROMs. If they arrive they will be a most welcome addition to the resources and Delete_ME will get a mention in layout release threads that use them.

Cheers

bj

#4 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

I had some fish cakes for tea tonight.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#5 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

I'm hopeful you will get them, but we have been burned badley by someone closely connected to this, so we are going to be cautious.

Support is the key though,, people pop up and offer to make layouts that will help, it may even allow for some code to be released if its required to resolve any bugs with sys83, as both it and 85 can be a bitch getting the sound to sync on a fast PC. We have almost got it though.

Heres hoping.

DS

#6 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

Like I said, don't do it for me, do it for the members who remember the machines.

I am cautiously optimistic, but we've seen promises like this before and been let down.

Edited by Guitar, 27 April 2014 - 11:23 PM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#7 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Like I said, don't do it for me, do it for the members who remember the machines.

I am cautiously optimistic, but we've seen promises like this before and been let down.

I can't say it was a promise, we personally have nothing against you, but of the company you keep.  Well put it this way, you know of the issue with the Matrix on S2 correct? 2nd CPU. Getting them to sync isnt easy and were stuck, it would work but lag so bad it wasnt playable. Well Andy told us they had a work around. Great, lets share it - bound to be other issues and maybe we can work together a little. Andy was to be the go between (at that time we thought he could code) and all was well. A month went by, we got demand after demand for code regarding various chip implementations etc and for the most part we honored them.

By chance I caught DT in IRC, and got talking in PM. He hadnt a f*****g clue what we were talking about, they knew of the issue but hadn't fixed it... baffled I explained what had been going on and he said he would get back to me. Another couple of weeks, and I camped out on ICQ as thats where

Chris would appear every now and then. Thats when we got the truth, the code we passed on Andy had stated was his own using MAME as inspiration. Chris laughed for a while and then to his credit set about helping us fix the issue, and again to his credit he did help and we did release dot matrix S2.

But this is why I have such an issue with him being anywhere near an EMU or acting on behalf of a coder. If this is to work, its direct only. Me and you, and initially we will provide ROMS... Maybe. We used to love being in this scene, but this is one of many incidents involving the same two people Andy and Tony - we swore never again, and yeah took longer but we did it and we have access that people outside the industry can only dream off. Partly as we dont f*** them over and never will..

My email will be in your PM. lets see how this goes.

Dave

Incidentally, I mean it when I don't want him near me,, if he starts a fresh thread calling BS... I have all this logged..

Oh finally. Money, the only money we exchange is to cover postage. no more. If you start selling shit dont even bother trying to contact us.

Edited by Delete_ME, 27 April 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#8 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Forgot this bit, there should still be many around who know the extent of the ROMs we had available, and maybe even guess why (they are always wrong, but sorta close) so no, this isnt an empty offer. if this doesnt happen its because we were f***ed around.

#9 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

Why do I need to be in the middle of all this? If you want to share the ROMs for the benefit of the scene (and I think I can speak for the scene when I say I would like that to happen), share them. Email them to AAAmusements or someone neutral.

I don't like the idea of being held to ransom over who I can / cannot speak to. If you don't want to speak to Andy then don't speak to him.

Also just to clarify Andy doesn't speak on my behalf and isn't neccessarily associated with the emulator beyond the fact that he's making his first layout in amber and I have been helping.

This deal you are offering, it seems sort of ok from my point of view, but it doesn't mean you can sit and spout stories about him while he has no right of reply. That's just baiting, so he'll want to defend himself and then you can blame us not getting the ROMs on Andy.

I'd like to hear what regular members of the scene think about this, they are the ones who will be most affected.

#10 adb

adb

• New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

I'm all for roms & resources being shared. But as Guitar as said, if it means accusing person X of this and that & part of the agreement is they ignore the thread & can't reply then that's pretty low. As further down the line you'll be able to say "Oh when i said this you didn't respond, therefore i was right".

If you're going to accuse someone at least let them have their say, and if you're that narrow minded as to not listen to what they say or able to take on board said view then don't bait them.

Edited by adb, 28 April 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#11 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

Also, my screen name isn't gliter, but I'll let that one slide.

#12 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

Take it or leave it.

What we are offering is to provide you resources to test and code. You are obviously aware of variation and the amount of testing required.within a single tech let alone multiple. If others want to make layouts, cool. But we are just doing this to help the scene have a public EMU not layouts. they are a by product.

And ill request this account deleted now. It wasn't intended to stay just pass a  message. You have my email.

Dave

Incidentally, what do we get from this deal? ever thought of that? How about that £500 back, then i'll propose the idea of forgiving him to my colleges..

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

Incidentally, what do we get from this deal? ever thought of that? How about that £500 back, then i'll propose the idea of forgiving him to my colleges..

Well instead of bailing on the scene that you claimed had gone to shit or is dead or whatever. How about after you release the ROMs you stick around and try and make it better.

What do you get out of it? You'd take the scene 1 step closer to being what it used to be. Would it be the same, no, but it would be 1 step closer.

It won't ever get better all by itself it needs help and commitment. You can't change anything by sitting on your couch (or whatever you do).

As for this deal you are proposing I'd like to see a clear statement what each side is bringing to the table. One minute you are saying roms, then resources, then code. Also try to include some specifics, anyone can make vague gestures.

I still want to hear from more members regarding this. In fact I propose that when you have written down clearly exactly, what this deal consists of, we put up a poll and ask the members what they think.

I don't want to be in the middle of this as its being set up to make me the fall guy when you suddenly change your mind and go off in to the sunset having offered some ROMs and then used an excuse to back out. And some sort of proof that you have all these ROMs would be nice. Whilst I have no reason not to believe you, I also have no evidence to believe you either. Anyone can make an account and say they have a load of ROMs but will only give them out if X meets their demands.

#14 Delete_ME

Delete_ME

Deleted

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

Well instead of bailing on the scene that you claimed had gone to shit or is dead or whatever. How about after you release the ROMs you stick around and try and make it better.

What do you get out of it? You'd take the scene 1 step closer to being what it used to be. Would it be the same, no, but it would be 1 step closer.

It won't ever get better all by itself it needs help and commitment. You can't change anything by sitting on your couch (or whatever you do).

As for this deal you are proposing I'd like to see a clear statement what each side is bringing to the table. One minute you are saying roms, then resources, then code. Also try to include some specifics, anyone can make vague gestures.

I still want to hear from more members regarding this. In fact I propose that when you have written down clearly exactly, what this deal consists of, we put up a poll and ask the members what they think.

I don't want to be in the middle of this as its being set up to make me the fall guy when you suddenly change your mind and go off in to the sunset having offered some ROMs and then used an excuse to back out. And some sort of proof that you have all these ROMs would be nice. Whilst I have no reason not to believe you, I also have no evidence to believe you either. Anyone can make an account and say they have a load of ROMs but will only give them out if X meets their demands.

Your not in the middle, your dealing with a group that has been coding emulators for over a decade. I fail to see how anyone other than you in the scene currently has the experience or knowledge to be able to deal with us directly. You also seem to be demanding a contract, which would imply we both benifit, I have now looked at what has been released and as good as it is, there is nothing at all of use to use in it. This is not the basis of a contract.

Im sorry to be so blunt, but we haven't needed this scene for over 8 years and we don't now. This is just sheer good luck on your part that Im in a good mood and talking to some of the original creators of the scene has got me feeling nostalgic. I was offering you a gift basically, I wanted nothing other than just contact with you.. If that's too much fair enough, and no hard feelings.

I wish you the best of luck in your en-devour.

I owe you and this scene absolutely nothing. I was willing to make myself unpopular with friends to even suggest helping. Instead, I find myself defending myself to this place for GIVING YOU resources.

OT, but I do miss making backgrounds in PS. so if anyone has a layout they want a backdrop for contact me on here ASAP as ill be gone tommorow. Been a while since ive had to use photoshop...

#15 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

I smell bullshit

#16 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

I smell bullshit

Nah. DS does not bullshit; I know this from personal, direct experience of the man. :)

#17 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

If I had a bunch of roms, wouldn't make a big rig-marole about it they would get sent to be dumped without a carrot dangle.

#18 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

If I had a bunch of roms, wouldn't make a big rig-marole about it they would get sent to be dumped without a carrot dangle.

I'm not commenting on that one way or another; I daresay he has his reasons, just as others have theirs.

But he's no bullshitter, though.

#19 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

The way I would like to see this 'deal' working (if Guitar is willing) is like this -

1)  DS kindly donates the ROMs to the scene as a gesture of goodwill, in good faith that Guitar will keep his side of the bargain

2)  Guitar duly keeps his side of the bargain like the honest chap he is

Hurrah!  Everyone's a winner :)

Cheers,

Steve

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#20 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

The way I would like to see this 'deal' working (if Guitar is willing) is like this -

1)  DS kindly donates the ROMs to the scene as a gesture of goodwill, in good faith that Guitar will keep his side of the bargain

2)  Guitar duly keeps his side of the bargain like the honest chap he is

Hurrah!  Everyone's a winner :)

Cheers,

Steve

Sounds great, can anyone tell me in plain English exactly what my side of the bargain is?

• spa likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users